Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. They’re s squeegee-img the water off.
  2. Anyone at the game? I’m hanging near the Cubs dugout by third base.
  3. He had a nice Spring last year, too, if I recall. I suggested right here on this site that the good Spring might give him some trade value. The suggestion was quickly shot down as poppycock. The shooter was correct as he basically languished in the Minors all year.
  4. I remember when Barry Foote was a Cub and I didn't recall him being short or stout. Looked it up in BR and he was 6'3", 205. Hardly fire pluggish. Side note: I remember he hit a HR onto Waveland and it bounced and broke a window on one of the upper-floor apartments across the street.
  5. I've always felt a team should wait until a newly signed FA has at least 1 AB in Spring Training before they consider trading him. There's really no point until then.
  6. You can never have too many “Thompsons” in your organization.
  7. Purchased tickets the March 15 game: Is this something new between the two ballclubs? Spring Breakout: White Sox prospects at Cubs prospects Is this something new between the two ballclubs? I don't recall this game from previous seasons. Tickets were only $15 for open seating.
  8. Only being good enough to NOT miss the playoffs is the expectation for a lot of teams.
  9. This is my 5th Spring living in southern AZ. Have yet to work it into my schedule for a Spring game or two. I have vowed to get up to the Mesa/Phoenix area this spring to see a game or two. Would like to get to Sloan just to see it from the inside. Prices are pretty outrageous. Might also see them at a visitor stadium. I have plenty of time now these days.
  10. A good deal for Chris. Get some experience broadcasting a Minor League team before maybe getting a role with a Big League club.
  11. And I thought we were friends....
  12. And there's the left-handed power bat we've all been waiting for!
  13. #YouHaveToCIt......that's a bit of a stretch to being "dirty". Apparently, the Cubs brass agree with you all as it's been changed. But even if people were "seeing the dirty word", it wouldn't even make any kind of sense. Dumb. I would keep it the way it was.
  14. Would anyone like to break down in simple terms what "some of us" are clearly missing in this thread? I have an "adult mind" and can see sophomoric humor with the best of them. But I'm not figuring this one out.
  15. I had a few others that were going to "go in" with purchasing the tickets. They live in Chicago and have the ability to go to games quite often. I would have them for me personally more as a luxury to use when I visit and for potential playoffs, WS. But my "financial partners" are no longer an option and I'm not willing to pay myself as I clearly wouldn't use many tickets each season.
  16. I received a few emails and texts from Chris Cascio in the past couple of months Then last week, he called me directly. I would love to get season tickets or a small package pf tickets. But I live in Arizona and don't get to Chicago anymore too often. The person(s) I was going to split with can't pony up the needed cash. So I'm out, sadly.
  17. ^^^great piece, thanks for sharing!!
  18. Not certain what you’re referring to with “lipped” comment, and I don’t know why Peppers would denounce playing in GB. But my comment was just a little bit of fun. Whatever. Hester definitely was the best Punt Returner the NFL has seen, so well deserved for a position not often thought of for the Hall.
  19. Glad to see two former Packers make it into the HoF! 😁
  20. Joe Barry has been a good positional coach throughout the course of his coaching career. It's one of the reasons he's had multiple opportunities as a DC. But he's been a disaster, arguably, as a DC. If the Bears hired him as the DC, it would most likely be in name only as Eberflus would probably retain the playcalling/schemes.
  21. This was a foregone conclusion of many/most Packers fans for over a month. HC LaFleur seemed to tip his hand around the time of the b2b losses to NYG and TB. Too much talent/high draft picks on defense to be three years running a bottom 5 DVOA.
  22. So what you’re saying is a first year starting QB with no running game (and all first or second year WRs and TEs) isn’t going to be as successful as the same QB with a successful ground game? Interesting. Of course Jones success is going to help to QB/passing game as the defense won’t be playing a one dimensional offense. But your statement seems to really be a generality not really based on the numbers. On Nov 19, Jones had 4 carries and 2 targets before leaving the game with an injury. He missed every game after that until Dec 17. Some of Love’s stats in those games Jones missed: Nov 19 Chargers - 108.5 QBR, 2 TDs, 0 INTs Nov 23 @ Lions - 125.5 QBR, 3 TDs, 0 INTs Dec 3 - Chiefs - 118.6 QBR, 3 TDs, 0 INTs Dec 11 - @ Giants - 76.7 QBR, 1 TD, 2 INTs Those stats don’t really support your statement although it’s only 3 1/2 games. Of course Jones being on the field helps the passing game. That’s Football 101. But maybe it’s just that he got better as the season went on. Over the course of his last 12 games (including the two playoff games), Love had a QBR over 108 NINE times. He also threw 26 TDs and only 5 INTs. I would wager to say Live and his young receiving team just got better as the season progressed. Just my two cents.
×
×
  • Create New...