Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Nothing wrong with Gray approaching 30 pitches in the 1st inning.
  2. Finally getting to watch the game after completely missing the first two. Hopefully, my mere viewer presence changes the outcome.
  3. I started a gam thread last night, but created it in the archived "Game Threads" forum. Feel free to delete.
  4. Batters CHC B HR RBI SB AVG OPS HappDH S 0 0 0 .143 .393 Suzuki, SRF R 0 0 0 .111 .333 BellingerCF L 0 1 0 .143 .536 Morel, C3B R 0 0 0 .444 1.111 SwansonSS R 1 3 0 .200 1.086 Busch1B L 0 0 0 .200 .629 Hoerner2B R 0 0 0 .000 .250 TauchmanLF L - - - - - AmayaC R 0 0 0 .000 1.000
  5. Twins' Anthony DeScalfani done for the season with flexor tendon surgery. Second one in consecutive seasons.
  6. I was unable to watch any of the Cubs' opener for various reasons. Checked the score early via my phone, and it was tied. Checked the score well after it would've ended and saw they lost. Bummer. I was unable to watch any of the Cubs' game today for various reasons. Checked the score early via my phone, and it was tied. Checked the score well after it would've ended and saw they lost. Bummer. I should finally be able to watch the Cubs in game #3. Hopefully the mere presence of my viewership has an effect on the outcome. Jon Gray was better on the road than at home last year by more than a full earned run. He handled the Cubs pretty well in Wrigley last year, giving up 3 runs and only 6 hits. Four of the six hits were to guys named Tucker (2), Edwin, Trey, and Luis. NIcky Hamstring had 2 hits, so there's that. The Cubs have yet to lose this season on a Sunday. The Cubs have not been swept in a series this season. Jordan Wicks has never lost to the Rangers. Occasionally, a blind squirrel finds a nut. Or an Easter egg. Go sChlubs, go!!
  7. I'll give it a go, but it doesn't really seem like the board is interested. Two sucky performances to start the season doesn't help.
  8. Would be shocked if (at least) one of the games on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday against the Rockies is rained out. Thursday would be a make-up day if necessary which means there's a day off (from rain) earlier than anticipated. That would impact the rotation as well.
  9. They have the "make-up day" immediately following the Rockies series. Both teams are off on Thursday, so that would be the day to make up a game, if necessary, for the two non-divisional teams. To have an off day earlier wouldn't make sense as it's possible Monday and Tuesday have "playable" weather.
  10. @Brian707 "Good luck with your first crap."
  11. Wasn't last year the same/similar to how it was done in the past (at least the last couple of years}? There was a rotation of thread starters, and that poster kept going until the thread starter lost the game. Then on to the next poster in the "rotation". We started out like that last year, but with the terrible start to the season for the Cubs, posters got less and less interested in making the game thread to a point where Brock just created one every morning (or the night before) to keep conversation/traffic/consistency up. I'm a proponent of having a list/rotation of thread starters like in the past, but not because I like creating them or think I'm clever or witty. To the contrary, I like the diversity of the posters' way of starting game threads. Some are stat-driven. Some are funny. Some are long-winded,,,,in a good way. And some just get straight to the point. For me, opening each game thread started by a different poster is a little like waking up on Christmas. I get quite the enjoyment from it. But, if it's not really "a thing" anymore, so be it.
  12. "Game Day" threads/thread starters rotation used to be a thing at NSBB, and they were often quite fun. Then wthey went away mostly and became less fun. Will this be a "thing" for 2024? If so, will it last the seas, and will it be mostly fun? Current lineup of game threaders: 1. @Brian707 2. @Southpaw19 3. @PackLandVA 4. @Bertz
  13. I know it's only Spring Training and all, but Hector Neris....yikes!
  14. Part of an upcoming trade???
  15. I think some may be taking the snippet/quote a bit out of context. Or maybe adding their own definition of it. It's not the GMs that use team record as a measurable for "winner"; it's the writer. The writer then goes on to question "whether or not Wolf -- or any others from the Ron Wolf tree -- would consider him (Maye) a winner." I took Gutekunst's comment "They've got to be winners. They've got to be able to win........" to be a little more nuanced than the team record/team outcome. I doubt he was referring to a QBs record as a starter.
  16. I will be rooting for Arizona (and Kentucky). What worries me about Arizona is they struggle away from McKale Center. They are 10-7 on road/Neutral site games. They have non-home losses to Stanford, USC, Oregon, and Oregon State (among others).
  17. Trading 1st Rounders for QB of Future I thought this was a pretty interesting article regarding teams that have traded 1st and/or 2nd Round picks to move up and select their future QB. The title "....fits the Packer Way mold..." is what caught my attention to read it. And, generally speaking, the article looks at what the Patriots might do with the 3rd overall pick. But I think it was an interesting read regarding the "prototypcal QB" for former Packers GM Ron Wolf and his many GM/Personnel Guy proteges. Of the 8 QBs listed, 4 were taken by the Packers and 7 of the 8 were good to HoF-worthy QBs. The only bust was Brohm (1 of the 4 Packers selections). Anyway, I think it gives a nice breakdown of the five QBs that fit the criteria: Maye, McCarthy, Daniels, Williams, and Nix.
  18. Indubitably!
  19. I'm probably in the minority, but I think Pat Hughes is just so-so. I really don't hear a lot of him anymore as I don't live in the Chicago area. But I don't really find him all that interesting. He's good, but not great.
  20. I'm disappointed it's not re-scheduled as well. They're refunding the tickets are bought directly from MLB/Cubs (I did), but I'd really rather see the game/players. Assuming this will be a yearly "thing", I'll plan to go next year.
  21. And the tarp is back on!
×
×
  • Create New...