Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. So I know it’s just batting practice, but amoral was hitting one absolute bomb after another. I hope a Musgrove throws him a cookie or two.
  2. I’m not suggesting they go with randomness. Or be satisfied. I’m just suggesting that it’s week 2 of the season. Of course a loss in April counts just as much as a loss in August or September. But at least they have the calendar on their side right now. And as mentioned, the rotation injuries have a trickle effect. At least right now they seem to have the ability to score runs. In the past, being down 2-0;in the 3rd inning seemed like too much to overcome.
  3. I will be at tonight’s game. Left field, third row. Cubs shirt and ball cap on.
  4. Given the choice, I’d rather the Cubs bullpen be in disarray in April than in the second half of the season. They at least have time to get things sorted out. Didn’t the pen start out rough last year, too?
  5. If it was already mentioned, my apologies. But this was Palencia’s first career save.
  6. Well, the Cubs finished their season-opening homestand in nice fashion, a convincing win against the vauntedTM Dodgers. Up next for them is a 9-game road trip out west, starting in San Diego. I know it says "San Diego" or "Padres" across the front of their uniforms. But based on the last couple of seasons, maybe it should read: Cubs will be facing another pretty darn good pitcher in Yu Darvish. He was pretty dominant last year when he faced the Cubs. Although that lineup featured the likes of Rios, Barnhardt, Mastrobuoni, and Mervis. This time around will be a little different. His reaction, you ask, when he saw the Cubs' recent lineup successes: Cubs have Javier on the bump. Not the cool one from days gone by. Rather, it's the Assad version. The little known, little thought of pitcher that wears glasses better suited for a chemist. Or an accountant. But all he does is keeps pitching well. I'm driving out to San Diego, but not for tonight's game. I'll be at the next two, but why wait until then. Let's get this road trip (the Cubs' and mine) started out on the right foot with a win. #WhyNotUS!!
  7. Cubs' offense and the pitching overall were really, really good in the two wins. In the loss, bases loaded in the first with nobody out and the cleanup hitter at bat was (obviously) a very critical moment in the game. If they are able to score a run or two there, the dynamics of the game probably changes significantly. Grabbing two of three from LA is a great series win. Oh, and the vauntedTM Dodgers offense, which scored 5+ runs in their first 10 games of the season, was held to <5 in two of the three games this weekend. And the one game they scored more was a lopsided loss. #WhyNotUs!!
  8. Next Sunday, San Diego has a night game in LA, and then travels to Milwaukee after the game. The difference here being they LOSE 2 hours as opposed to the Cubs getting two hours in travel.
  9. It's a day game, so I think there's plenty of time to wait it out, assuming there's a clearing in the forecast, The league STARTS games every Sunday night later than this game could resume. So if there's a clearing and the head groundskeeper thinks the field could get in playing condition, I say wait it out. And if the Cubs were on the losing end of this one (6-0 in 4th), I would probably be fine with it being called.
  10. A quick look at the schedules of both teams and it looks like there are only a few options if this game does, indeed, get replayed. Monday, April 22 - Cubs are in between home series and LA finishes a home series the day before and start a series in WDC on Tuesday, April 23. I don't think they'd reschedule this quickly. Monday, June 3 - Cubs are in between home series and LA finishes a home series the day before and start a series in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, June 4. Thursday, September 12 - both teams finish their series against each other in LA on the previous day and have this day off. Would take away HFA (obviously) for the Cubs.
  11. Dodgers have a short flight to Minnesota for tomorrow's game. And the Cubs gain 2 hours flying across country to San Diego. So they should really wait out a window. My guess is Roberts/Dodger org will really push the ump crew to cancel and reachedule.
  12. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a group screw do this much work in the MIDDLE OF AN INNING??
  13. Little surprised it’s the bottom of the third with Imanaga pitching and the Cubs up 4-0, we’re still only on page 2 (or top of page 3) of this gam thread. I know it’s Sunday, but some people need to get their priorities straightened out.
  14. Nico can’t buy a hit to start the season.
  15. Gavin Stone has 5 MLB starts in his career, four last year and one this year. He's also pitched as many times in relief last year. Not particularly good numbers. Gives up lots of hits/9 and runs. Has a good fastball but Cubs should be able to put men on base and score. And unfortunately for him (and the Doyers), he's facing Shota-ce! Please try to win.
×
×
  • Create New...