Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Then why watch if you're sick of doing so?
  2. Anyone know what type of pitcher Gosling is? I know he's a lefty, and his numbers indicate he doesn't have the greatest control. But what types of ptches does he throw? I used to salivate when a lefty was scheduled to start against the Cubs. But not anymore. They seem to get schooled by lefties, especially soft-tossers. Or pitchers nobody has ever heard of. Anyone have the Cubs record against lefty starters?
  3. How was Nevin traded?!?!?!? He had a "no-trade" clause like Kerry Wood. :roll:
  4. This quote should be in every signature on NSBB in extra-large type until people get the point. No. It shouldn't. The whole "No Trade Clause" thing is more than obnoxious enough already. Everybody has been made well aware of the clause by now numerous times. And still there are more than enough people who are all too eager to point it out yet again anytime anyone intimates that it might, just might not be completely and utterly impossible, barring an act of God himself, to get Hendry, another GM and Wood himself to agree upon a deal. (Because in this particular case nobody has yet been, and nobody's gonna be, challenged for presuming to know what's going on inside the minds of a player and his wife at any given time. Nor will the presumption that Kerry's [already only assumed to be known] position on accepting a trade will, or ever could, change. It's common knowledge. Kerry will never, ever accept a trade under any circumstances and that's all there is to it. Right? Isn't that the prevailing wisdom?) Believe me, there is absolutely no chance the clause won't be mentioned (more than once) each and every time it's even remotely relevant. There's actually less chance of that than there is of Wood accepting a trade. Automating the process would only be taking the fun out of taking an indignant stance re: any and all trade scenarios involving Wood. That is a very good post. Thank you. I, too, get tired of the "no-trade" clause being brought up every time his name is mentioned here with regard to a trade. I wish the "no trade clause" would be renamed so we can say that Kerry has a "Must Get Kerry's Permission/Approval for a Trade First" clause. Because that's what it really is. And plenty of players with "no trade clauses HAVE been traded in the past.
  5. So we really don't know why he's not pinch hitting then.
  6. I disagree. There a couple of good teams playing for the WC. Astros right about now areplaying probably the best baseball in the majors. Things have changed since 2003. Except coming out of the ASB, they played a really good team and got swept. Since then, they've beaten up on Pittsburgh (awful), Washington (reeling) and Philly (average). So they've had a decent stretch of games against average teams. That doesn't project how they'll fair the last two months. ALL the teams battling for the WC are average.
  7. awww..the hits will come. He just needs to work on his swing and timing!
  8. Perez and Holly and JHJ would be the first bats off the bench in best case scenarios. But all three are starting. Perez due to injury, JHJ because of poor production from CPatt and Holly....because Baker has decided to use him mostly as a starter. So Macias shouldn't be the 1st bat off the bench, and probably wasn't slated for that role in the Spring. Also, I don't mind seeing Macias bat in the 6th-8th innings as a PH. Saves another bat for the 8th or 9th.
  9. Lee doesn't hit Schmidt well. Tonight would've been a good time to give him a rest.
  10. Barrett is 7 for 15 against Suppan lifetime. Prior's ERA is better with Blanco behind the plate. Hmmmmm......who gets the start? I think I'd go with Blanco hoping the rest of the offense can pick it up.
  11. Not ot nitpick, but the fact that his wife is from Chicago doesn't infer anything other than she's from Chicago. I'm from the Chicago area and no longer live there, and haven't for years. And I really like the Chicago area. As far as buying a house....that infers nothing either. People buy and sell houses all the time. And Kerry would be no different. It's comical when everyone says that KW can't be traded because of his "no-trade" clause. Players with those clauses get traded all the time. It just means the players has to approve the trade. That's it and nothing more!
  12. I would guess Kerry's agent bargained for a no-trade clause for a couple of reasons. One would be that KW likes the franchise and wants to stay in Chicago. Another might be that it gives him the option of not going to a team he doesn't want to. He can essentially pick teams he's willing to be traded to and snub the rest. And a third reason might be that with a no-trade clause, his agent has bargaing power should a trade come up. "KW will accept the trade if XXXX is given (ie.- extension, guaranteed money, etc.)". Randy Johnson and Curt schilling (I think) both had no-trade clauses and surprisingly ( :roll: ) both accepted trades. It does happen. Is it likely....probably not. And the fact that he's been hurt a lot doesn't help. But I don't see why the possibility can't even be explored.
  13. But they weren't facing the "Great Aaron Harang"!!
  14. Does Maddux even throw that hard?!?!? :shock:
  15. So if Z would have pitched today, we lose what? 1-0? What's the difference? The difference is, Z is going tomorrow. And that means they've got a good shot to win....again. And taking 3 of 4 from the Pirates is exactly what the Cubs could use. Asking for a sweep is not realistic. Three game sweeps rarely happen, let alone 4. Go out and take 3 of 4 from Pittsburgh, and then 3 of 4 from the Reds. If they do that, then they're headed in the right direction going into the Cards series.
  16. Hey, at least we have Big Z coming out to stop the losing at 1 game. You gotta like the way the starters are going right now. Maddux kept 'em in the game. Being three down in the 9th is at least manageable. We'll Have Z tomorrow, and then Williams, Prior, Wood, and Maddux against the Reds. I like the odds!
  17. Mesa's last 3 appearances versus the Cubs: 2.1 innings, 5 hits, 4 earned runs, record of 0-2 Hmmmm.....
  18. What's their record when hitting into 3 or more DPs in a game?
  19. Cubs are 45-44 after today's win. Not that I'm trying to burst your bubble. Still a .506, though, tied with the 'stros.
  20. Good starting pitching breeds competitiveness! At least among the Top 4 starters. I don't think any of them wants to be the weak link. I think each one goes out and tries to best the last performance. Especially among the three power pitchers. And with those 4 pitchers healthy, I think a win any night is possible, if not probably, regardless of the pitching matchup (assuming they stay healthy).
  21. Boy, comparing MTs numbers to others, about 6 people could've gotten the MVP?!?!? I guess chicks dig the long ball, and he was first!
  22. Duck snort. He Gone! (God, I can't believe I said that... Hawk and DJ are the WORST announcers of all time) They really are. I cant stand listening to them for 5 minutes. I'd listen to them do a game before Berman on ESPN. Berman REALLY blows!! Like HeaveTheHawk.com says it clearly, he's more of a cheerleader than an announcer. Athough, I dont think anyone wants to see him in a cheerleader's uniform. http://bestsmileys.com/puking/2.gif Haha, that's an awesome smiley!! We need to save that for when Macias is inserted into the starting lineup. You know, like Hairston CF Walker 2B Lee 1B Ramirez 3B Burnitz RF Barrett C Macias SS http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_horse.gif Hollandsworth Sorry, I thought we'd use the above one for Macias! :D
  23. Duck snort. He Gone! (God, I can't believe I said that... Hawk and DJ are the WORST announcers of all time) They really are. I cant stand listening to them for 5 minutes. I'd listen to them do a game before Berman on ESPN. Berman REALLY blows!! Like HeaveTheHawk.com says it clearly, he's more of a cheerleader than an announcer. Athough, I dont think anyone wants to see him in a cheerleader's uniform. http://bestsmileys.com/puking/2.gif
  24. Duck snort. He Gone! (God, I can't believe I said that... Hawk and DJ are the WORST announcers of all time) They really are. I cant stand listening to them for 5 minutes. I'd listen to them do a game before Berman on ESPN. Berman REALLY blows!!
×
×
  • Create New...