Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Buckner Sandberg Sutcliffe Sutter Dawson
  2. Really good players make a lot of money. I'm glad he's locked up, too.
  3. Any possibility he decided to sign at a lesser contract than many thought he could get in FA because he IS "feeling some arm/shoulder pains" and wanted to get the big payday in the event it the problem is persistent?????
  4. What is the effect of taking someone off the 40 man roster (other than they can't be called up)?
  5. just wait the I Cubs manager will address that next :lol: :lol: :lol:
  6. Fielder didn't start for Milwaukee today either... :-k Wow, looks like a lot of teams are involved in this trade! :lol: :lol: Hmmm Would the Brewers trade Fielder to the Cubs? "//:D/" Where would he play? RF???
  7. Fielder didn't start for Milwaukee today either... :-k DeRosa didn't start tonight, either. Would Hendry actually trade his own player for his own player??? How would that affect the 25/40 man roster??
  8. Possiblr due to disappointment over some "friends" being traded???? ok, now you're reaching! :) Okay....it was a reach!! :lol:
  9. Possiblr due to disappointment over some "friends" being traded????
  10. If they get Dunn, who plays RF. Soriano? Dunn would be brutal-er in RF than he is in LF. Also, maybe Hendry held up on a trade for Dunn until tonight so Dunn got to play against Milwaukee. Dunn had a decent series and helped the Reds win 3 of 4. Probably not.
  11. Stone regularly kisses Kenny Williams ass and brilliance (and the Sox organization as a whole) on the Sox radio flagship. He DOES hold punches whe it comes to the Southsiders and routinely bashes the Cubs. Can't tell you how many times he mentions the greatness of Kenny and the fact the Sox have put together three winning seasons in a row, "something that hasn't happened on the Northside in a really long time". Stone's shtick is tiresome and boring. He was better when he didn't have an axe to grind.
  12. Isn't this exactly how the Yanks announced the Clemens signing? or flashed it on the scoreboard during a game and all that was on TV? Yeah they actually flew Clemens to New York, signed the deal, and then waited until the game where Clemens spoke to the crowd. There's no question the deal was done some time beforehand. I mean these are ridiculous comments. Sullivan is a waste of time. I'm surprised Len didn't scream wildly in to the mic when Jim announced the trade. Kinda like that Yankee announcer chick who embarrassed herself nationally!!
  13. ` Steve Stone's a idiot. Although most would agree he has a pretty good knowledge of baseball and the Cubs (though like most prognosticators, he benefits from 20/20 hindsight). Listening to Stone several times a week on the radio, one thing is clear in my opinion: He seems to have a bit of an axe to grind with the Cubs. He is not very generous with positive comments about the organizatin and looks to take shots at them when possible, especially when he's on the Sox flagship. For him to speak highly (or at least not negatively) of the trade makes me think it's not as bad as many on this board think and may actually be a good trade.
  14. For what it's worth, Steve Stone was on the local radio station (the Score) and thought it was a pretty good trade and the Cubs "really didn't give up much" for a veteran who's no worse than what they had and has the potetial to be very good for both the pitching staff and offense.
  15. I'm pretty indifferent about the trade, I just think it's moronic to say they gave up nothing based on the fact he's a minor league reliever. This narrow minded BS about the value of a minor league reliever is ironic given that he was the main piece of that trade they are defending. Hell, if you want to make Kendall seem more appealing it would be wise to state the positives about Blevins rather than the negatives. As far as Blevins, I see a pitcher that has made drastic changes in his delievery, regained 2 potential avg. to plus pitches and has the potential of the lefty out of then pen who has the ceiling of middle relief. As far as Kendall, I think he'll have a good chance hit .270/.340 be a good teammate and a potential leader while being a defensive liability. Whether that makes me sound like I'm for it or against it, hell use your judgement. It's a likely minimal trade in the long and short-term both in a positive and negative way, some like to make dramatics part of the discussion rather than facts. You must be confusing me with some other posters. In none of my comments did I say we gave up "nothing". I don't know much about Blevins other then he has some potential like so many other players in the Minors. But I didn't realize he was such a prized youngster. What I did say is: Much ado about nothing.
  16. Kinda like Wellmeyer a few years ago. Or "can't miss" Juan Cruz. Or a whole host of other possibilities that are "something" in the minors but never amount to anything in the majors. Minor leaguers are almost always gonna be an unknown. Hopefully this works in the Cubs favor. But it's not like Blevins was one of the Cubs top prospects for crying out loud. He's had a very good first half in A and AA ball. Or Marshall, Hill, Zambrano, Marmol, etc. when they were in the farm system. Kendall is an unknown at this point, no one knows if he's going to turn it around, I'll repeat what I've said that Perry has worked with Kendall in the past and hopefully it is a somewhat easy correctable mechanical flaw rather than a slower bat. Sure, Blevins doesn't make everyone wet their pants in BA's handbook when he's not listed but he has good stuff and been productive, which gives him value espec. from the left side. If he maintains production throughout the year and stays healthy, he'll be in BA's handbook. I find it ironic that some say that the Cubs got Kendall for nothing, what does that say about Kendall's value? Or like Sisco. Haggerty, Johnson, Beltran, etc., etc., etc. For every star (or even solid MLBer) there's hundreds that never make it but HAD potential. He's a low level pitcher with an unspectacular history until the first half of this season. I reserve judgment. Can't can't be worse than what they've had the last month and he could actually be better.
  17. We won't be able to take on additional salary now that we've got JASON KENDALL! Not that we'd need to take on additional salary, because now we've got JASON KENDALL! The most I've heard we're taking on is around $3.5 million. The A's and Pirates are paying the rest. Judging from McDonough's comments, I don't think that will hamstring us. Why did the Pirates trade Kendall to the A's and in particular why did the Pirates take on so much of Kendall's salary for so many years? Because they are constantly making CRAPPY trades!!!!!!
  18. Kinda like Wellmeyer a few years ago. Or "can't miss" Juan Cruz. Or a whole host of other possibilities that are "something" in the minors but never amount to anything in the majors. Minor leaguers are almost always gonna be an unknown. Hopefully this works in the Cubs favor. But it's not like Blevins was one of the Cubs top prospects for crying out loud. He's had a very good first half in A and AA ball.
  19. I was gonna bring this exact thing up. I reserve judgment on the deal until Kendall plays a little. Don't know much about Blevins, but didn't really read a whole lot about him on this board in the past. From this thread, I'd have guessed he was one of out top prospects. They don't need "great" production from the C spot, just better than what they had. And there's really no reason they can't keep Soto over Hill, although Hill is a lefty. But he wouldn't be the starter against righties anyway. I read this whole thread and it seems 'much ado about nothing' so far.
  20. I would like to see runs scored due to errors by pitchers not considered "unearned". At least not for the pitcher that made the error.
  21. For what it's worth, Izturis' career batting average against Houston is better than any other team in the National League - .348 BA with a .384 OBP. Guess Lou was playing the numbers. =D>
×
×
  • Create New...