Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Marmol gives up a dinger on an 0-2 count. Then he hits the next batter and a single follows. He got out of it, though. He makes me nervous heading into the season if he's gonna be the closer.
  2. If you think Stone has a "soft spot" for the Cubs, listen to him on the Score sometime. He constantly takes shots at them and rarely gives the organization credit for anything. And the next "good move" Hendry makes will be the first "good move" Hendry makes in Stone's mind. And while there's not much love lost for Hendry on this board, ask yourself if Stone thinks Kenny Williams ever made a bad trade or poor signing. Stone has an axe to grind, IMHO! But with regard to his comment about Dustbag, yeah I caught and chuckled.
  3. Was Youklis not grounding into enough DPs????
  4. Marmol gave up zippy inthe first game. Volquez took the loss even though he gave up no earned runs.
  5. What will Heilman's role on this team be? Is he the replacement for Howry?
  6. Hope Marmol's appearance tonight is NOT a predictor of how his season will go!! :cry:
  7. Can't a Mod automatically bump this to the 95-100 page range just so we don't have to wade through the crap arguements?!?!? http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_pullhair.gif The same old arguements in the old thread are gonna be regurgitated in this one! http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_bdh.gif
  8. Wasn't Marte the centerpiece of a trade with the Braves a few years back?
  9. You don't have to be the best team during the season to reach/win the WS. You just have to be the best team in October.
  10. When did Zambrano suddenly become injury prone???
  11. Don't know if this has been discussed, but is could Nick Swisher have a place on the Cubs' roster? I know he'd come with a bit of a hefty price tag, but I think the Yankees would unload him for next to nothing, and they might even eat some of his contract. They've already got Tex at first, Matsui as the DH and Nady, Cabrera and Damon in the outfield. Not looking at his salary, he'd be an upgrade over Hoffpauir. He's a better first baseman and can play all three outfield positions. So he'd be able to fill in for Soriano and Bradley (if/when necessary) as well as be more insurance for CF and first base. He's a switch hitter so he wouldn't be limited to PH-ing only against right handed relievers. He'd make a pretty dismal bench much better, IMO. And quite honestly, I think he will rebound from last season's statistical disaster. The biggest issue with him is his price tag as I don't see the Cubs wanting to add too much to their payroll. Thoughts?
  12. I realize he will not be traded. So hypothetically speaking, wouldn't losing his salary in a trade lower the importance of getting a top prospect in return?
  13. Maybe them going hard after MT would make it easier to trade some of their other players (Markakis, Mora, Roberts) in order to get young pitching.
  14. I guess I'd throw in there guys who were career minor leaguers (Dopirak, Harvey, Sisco) as well as players that have some MLB experience (Rich Hill, Sean Marshall). Even though they have experience, I still consider them prospects. I do agree though, the Cubs have made some trades where they got some decent players for "crap" prospects (Nomar, ARam, etc.).
  15. Question for some of you with a lot more knowledge about baseball than me. When was the last time the Cubs traded one of their top prospects or rising stars to another team, and that prospect actually turned out to be really good or make a significant impact on the new team(s)? The reason I ask is because it seems more often than not, the Cubs and/or fans debate whether or not they should trade top prospect so-and-so, and when they don't, the prospect turns out not being as good as originally thought. Obviously Pie and Guzman come to mind as of late. I know some of the prospects have been good/serviceable like Juan Cruz and Jon Garland(or the jury's still out because they're still young - Nolasco, Pinto). But it really seems like the Cubs farm system produces crap with regard to "top prospects". And they always seem a date late and a dollar short in trading the "next can't miss youngster". Why do any of the other MLB teams even consider players in the Cubs farm system???? I'm sure I'm missing some "bad trades" of young talent the Cubs have made. Help me out.
  16. Didn't Joey Gathright get a lot of love on this board a couple years back??? I guess those 'message board GMs" were off on that one. What did Saito make last year? What would it take to get for 2-3 years? He'd be a nice addition to the BP if he stayed healthy.
  17. If he goes to the Nats, how long before he's on the trading block?? Didn't some team pick up a big fat salary of an outfielder they had a few years back!! :-k
  18. And he's the left-handed bat they're looking for!! :roll:
  19. If someone claims him, does he need to go on the new teams 25 or 40?? Even if it's the 25, some piss poor team will grab him. I'd like to see the Cubs hold onto him until spring, and then try to make a trade regardless of how well he pitches. Hopefully he can have a good spring and get something for him.
  20. http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_gopack.gif But I'm also a die hard Cubs fan!! http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_cheers.gif http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_cheesehead.gif
  21. I don't know where some of you guys find the stats you do!! And some of the one's you guys pull, I'm too dumb to understand ! #-o :-))
  22. So he must still have a very good slider and good location? Because his numbers' seemed pretty good.
  23. This post is a joke, right? Yeah, where's Harden and Johnson in that rotation? The DL, I'd imagine in that scenario.
  24. Does RJ still throw heat? His BB/K ratio seemed pretty darn good. If there was a way to dump Marquis and replace him with RJ and a few million more to team salary, that'd be great.
×
×
  • Create New...