Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Internet Torettes! I fixed it.
  2. I'd agree with you except if Lou isn't gonna use him, there's no point keeping him on the roster. Doesn't matter how good he is. He's an empty arm and that just means the other arms need to be used more often.
  3. Gagne should've never stopped taking HGH.
  4. Nice inning by Howry. Weeks fought off several before getting the walk. eyre is just loosening up in case the game gets to a LOOGY situation. He won't pitch.
  5. Can't really be disappointed with 2 of 3 in any series. Gotta be realistic.
  6. How dare he not get 10Ks, that BUM! Four game sweep of the Mets at home, I think in 1989 was pretty awesome as well.
  7. Anything more than a low level prospect was too much. I now think this was a not so great deal. The Soc had Massett projected in their future rotation a few weeks back. I guess with the addition of Clayton Richard, Massett became expendable. I gotta believe KW makes another move.
  8. Then we would have to send a Jason Bay like player to the BoSox... Unless there were a third team involved with a Bay type player and we sent prospects to the third team involved.
  9. But if they're giving up a nothing prospect, then it's not worse. I agree with his fielding. There's problems if he's pratrolling CF on a regular basis.
  10. I'll qualify my statement by saying it depends what the Sox give up and if other deals hinge on this trade (ie.- PK or Swish being traded), but, I think this move is similar to the Cubs getting Edmonds. It's a low risk, high reward. Griffey is not the player he was, he's old, prone to injury, the bat has slowed, he's not a great fielder and he hasn'r had a great year at the plate. But he could get hot for a stretch, he's a veteran and as far as a contract, he will cost the Sox very little (and nothing next year). It's not like he has to hit much to equal or better the production of Konerko or Swisher. The biggest liability is that he'll most likely have to play CF (assuming JT or PK aren't dealt) and I just don't know that he can do that on a regular basis. I don't see this as horrible.
  11. Easy bunt single to the left side Tongue in cheek, but it really is amazing he continues to find holes in the right side.
  12. Just watching the highlights: Why don't teams put the "jim Thome Shift" on every time Theriot is up to bat. Seriously.....put all 7 position players on the right side of second base.
  13. Dan Plesac is just plain funny!! :lol:
  14. This why Lou is so tempted to go to the regulars. No consistency from the BP often.
  15. He won't be here next year so that's not an issue. you're so sure that Hendry won't be duped into a 4 year deal based on this season? i'd rather make a run at one of the brewers' aces. Imagine Z Sabathia/Sheets Harden Sheets and Harden could be the Prior and Wood DL redux So true. Pass on Sheets, please.
  16. I've got the Sox game on. Does anyone complain more about the umpires more than the Hawkeroo. He's just a mean old man. It's borderline comedy. Let's get to Parra this inning. The Cubs have made it too easy for him.
  17. Lou doesn't like to hit n run much, does he?
  18. Hyper negative / hyper critical That's what a lot of these game threads are. Sheesh!
  19. And unfortunately, the Cubs have sucked on the road this season.
  20. I would imagine they've sold A LOT of their tickets to THEIR fans since they've been playing well. Doubt it will be Wrigley North this time around.
×
×
  • Create New...