Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. With the added revenue streams anticipated in the next few years, isn't it really the 2-3 years that could hamstring the team? So a six year deal wouldn't be awful if they if they anticipate big money coming in in 2017/2018 and later, right?
  2. Where will they pick in the draft? What is the tiebreaker with the Phillies and White Sox?
  3. Would much rather see Olt at First Base if Rizzo is gonna miss time instead of Valaika. Vizcaino and Rivero in the pen would be interesting.
  4. eh it was guys who dont matter This is kinda my thought for the rest of the season. I'd like to see our young legitimate prospects hit/pitch well, but have the marginal players suck, in turn allowing the Cubs to still lose 90+ and get the protected draft pick. Win/win!
  5. I remember a lot of folks not being overly thrilled when the Cubs hired the "unknown" Len Kasper.
  6. I swear, every time I see Castro jog, I can't help wondering if he took a dump in his pants just before contact.
  7. Schnitzel and kraut - he's German.
  8. Jackson isn't going anywhere unless there's about $25 million accompanying him.
  9. Oh my!!! If anyone can post a video of Alexei Ramirez striking out in the 8th inning of tonight's game, please do so. Especially in slow motion. :shock: The Seattle pither (Medina) threw a 95 mph heater followed by a 94mph heater. Then he threw a 12 to 6 breaker that buckled Alexei's knees and dropped him to the dirt. Don't know that I've ever seen a batter look this feeble/fooled.
  10. Better he at this stage of things than Big Jorge.
  11. Javy is like the NFL - appointment television!
  12. What FA outfielder (that's not old but still decent) is available? There's really thin pickins in the outfield crop.
  13. Does not allow a Run in only one of his 4+ innings today.
  14. Starlin boycotting EJax start. Not surprised.
  15. This was my first thought/comparison.
  16. Nate Schierholtz has been a complete disaster this season.
  17. Anyone keep the records of the game thread starters? Fred?
  18. Maddicks
  19. Don't the Cubs already have a younger version of Cespedes, a month away, playing at Iowa??? :scratches head:
  20. Ended up being great!! Second row in LF, about 10-12 feet to the CF side of the well. Lots of room and LOTS of kids. Other than the one drug deal, the two drunk brawls and the stabbing, the Bleachers were pretty fan friendly for a day game. Oh, and that one boob.....she only has ONE BOOB. Not what I was expecting! :D Thanks again everyone for the tips. My first experience in the Bleachers was a good one. And they're undefeated when I sit out there!! :good:
  21. Thanks for all the tips everyone. I'm headed up North now via car and then Red Line. Will try to get the second row in left field near the well. Hope the game isn't sold out when I get to the ticket window!! :D
  22. Ate the Cubs allowed to win a game EJax starts?
  23. No one is going to be doing lines of coke or having sex in the bleachers if that's what your worried about. There's an occasional fight but highly unlikely on a weekday afternoon. Mostly just some language and possibly NSF kids heckling at the opposing OFers. For some reason, I find that sentence really funny! :lol:
×
×
  • Create New...