Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Most likely having to only face one batter in a loogy situation......and failing. :roll:
  2. Where is the ticket vendor on Addison, unless you mean a fan(scalper) selling tickets?? Also, I can't get to the ballpark tomorrow night to get tix in advance. Have to wait until gameday
  3. Language isn't really an issue at all....unless it got completely out of control. But I don't see that being the case. Thanks for the info.
  4. Considering going to the game on Thursday afternoon against the Rockies. I have a few questions about sitting in the bleachers as I've never sat out there for a game. I'm hoping some of you can shed some light/give assistance. Thanks in advance!! :-) -I was thinking there should be plenty of tickets available for the game since it's two bad teams and not really a "must see" game so I was gonna just walk up to buy bleacher tickets. That should save me the processing fees, etc. online. Any issues there?? -I was thinking about arriving to the ticket window around 10:30A since the gates should open at 11:15A. -I'd like to sit in LF, possibly near the basket/front row. Am I getting to the park soon enough? Should I expect a tremendously long line to get in? Again, I don't see the game being a sellout (or even close) so I was thinking that should be plenty of time to wait. -I know back in the day, various nefarious activities were said to go on in the bleachers. Has this changed? I'm considering taking a teenager (young) to the game but don't want to have that be an issue. Thoughts? Am I making a mistake? Any information/advice you can share would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, I've never watched a game from the bleachers and would really like to. With this not necessarily being the most attractive game, i thought things might be okay, but I could be wrong. Thanks again!! :good:
  5. He should/probably does, but if we are going to try and win games next year and the year after he's a nice to piece to keep. Like Valbuena he probably has more value in keeping, unless someone is really willing to overpay. Don't they run the risk of EB having a 2015 season like Schierholtz 2014 season? Maybe he's a good club house guy for the youngsters on the team. If so, not a bad reason to keep him, especially if he continues to be productive.
  6. Rhee 6 IP, 5 K, 1 BB, 0 R, 89 pitches
  7. Score is 1-0, Iowa. Two on, one out, top of 7th. Baez batting and the IC try a double steal. Really??? Watkins thrown out at 2nd and Kalish standing on 3rd. I know it's the Minors, but really?? If it works, don't you just set up a Baez IBB to face Bryant, looking for a K or DP?? Or if Baez Ks (not unrealistic), you just took the bat out of Bryant's hands in order to face....not Soler....but Brett Jackson. Bad managing, no??
  8. Emilio has to have some value in a trade, no??
  9. Bonifacio has got to have some trade value, no???
  10. Russell at .307 with a 4 for 5 performance (so far)!
  11. Another hit for Russell as well! Four on the night! :yahoo:
  12. Russell (3 for 4 tonight, 2B and an RBI) is quietly (or not) climbing up to .300. He's currently at .297! :yahoo:
  13. Drop Prince Fielder Add Mike Trout Drop Mark Reynolds Add Josh Hamilton
  14. Roger Kieschnick....any relation to Brooks?
  15. So the Bridgeport Bluefish (Independent League) will have a Military Appreciation Night, and they custom designed special jerseys just for the night. Wonder if the jerseys will allow them to "oil up" them abs and pecs.
  16. Wonder if he's been having some reoccurring arm/shoulder issues that doesn't seem to be resolving itself with limited appearances over the past couple of weeks. The "rest" thing just doesn't seem right.
  17. :D =D> Thanks, I thought I remembered this happening!
  18. I could be wrong since I was a youngster at the time, and kids tend to 'misremember' thngs.....but I believe the Cubs did this back in the late 70s. If I remember correctly, the Cubs hit three consecutive triples. My childhood memory says it was Jerry Morales, Dave Kingman (yep, Kingman; a squib down the first base line) and a third player I can't recall. Again, I was just a kid so I may have gotten this one wrong. I'll do a little innerweb research. * * * * * * Well, so much for my childhood memory. Morales and Kingman never played on the same Cubs team. I definitely remember the Kingman triple. The ony game I could find with a Kingman triple was a win against Steve Carlton (of all pitchers) and Steve Ontiveros and Gene Clines each also had a triple. Just not in the same inning.
  19. How soon before the DH (unfortunately) comes the the NL? Is Schwarber the Cubs' future DH?
  20. The numbers may say different, but Russell seems really bad. No point having a loogy that can't get lefties out when it matters.
  21. National League 3 American League when someone not on the Cardinals pitches 0
  22. It was a "singles" pitch that Derek turned into a "double".
  23. Game stays the same and Jeter is the MVP. Started both American League rallies and almost made a great defensive play. *and he hung out on the top railing the whole game after being taken out.
  24. Went to the KC Cougars game tonight. Nice park, have never been there before. Had a lot of fun and there's some sort of promo, contest, "thing" in between every inning. Would've been nice if the home team could've scored. Crownd was good (9,000+) but there were still plenty of seats. I sat behind home plate (a little to 1B side) about 10 rows back. A couple of observations from the game: -Skulina didn't seem to have very good stuff. Fastball seemed to hover in the upper 80s most of his 5 innings, and when he hit the 90s, it was 90-91. Seemed to get behind the hitters quite a bit and his off speed pitches weren't strikes (called or swinging). He didn't look comfortable out there. One run was on a WP and another on a CRUSHED triple to LF. -Concepcion looked okay and should've gotten out of the 7th without any runs but for an error by Carlos Penalver (would've been the third out). -Arias looked good and should've been out of the 9th without any runs. He got squeezed on a full count and then gave up a couple of hard hit balls. -Schwarber looks really good at the plate. Facing a lefty, he had two hard hit balls, one for a single and one for an out (missed his first AB - single). His K was after being down 0-2 and working a full count. He just got overpowered on a fastball and missed it. He also looks pretty good behind the plate. Blocked a lot of pitches in the dirt and threw out two runners pretty easily, one a straight steal and the other on a pitch in the dirt. The lone stolen base was on a hard to handle pitch. Also noticed he questioned the ump behind the plate a few times on some close pitches. -Candelario looked pretty good at the plate with a couple of singles. -The other batters can't hit a curve ball. Trey Martin actually started laughing when he was called out on a curve for a strike. Brendan McCurry (Beloit) was the hardest thrower and had a pretty good hook, although it a really slow, big bender. He was hit 95-96 on the fastball. -Jake Hanneman had a fielding error and either missed his cut off man or had a terrible throw to the cutoff man 3 times. However, on one relay, Penalver threw an absolute bullet to third to beat a runner I thought they had absolutely no shot of getting. -Daury Torres was signing autographs after the game, but with the impending storm, I didn't stick around. Hope I don't regret that some day. Wait a minute, I actually DO hope I regret it some day! :D Had a lot of fun. I will definitely go back sometime later this summer.
×
×
  • Create New...