Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Iowa still leads 4-1 as we go to the bottom of the 5th.
  2. Very good point and I agree. You notice that a lot of guys with lower BAs have much higher IsoDs than guys with higher BAs - it doesn't necessarily mean they have a better eye or are more patient.
  3. The I-Cubs need new commercials. I really don't want to hear about hemorrhoid surgeries. Plus, they're interviewing random pointless people on the broadcast. A girl who works media relations and is leaving the I-Cubs to return to University of Iowa. And before that, some guy who had that aforementioned hemorrhoid surgery. Seriously. Iowa up 4-1 after 3.
  4. Iowa's bottom of the 2nd: Jose Reyes HBP. Augie Ojeda bloops a single to LF. With Les Walrond batting, Reyes is picked off second base. One out. Walrond strikes out bunting foul. Two outs. With Felix Pie batting, Ojeda steals second. Felix Pie doubles down the RF line, Ojeda scores. Iowa up 3-1. Buck Coats singles to RF, Pie scores. Iowa up 4-1. Michael Restovich pops out. Iowa leads it 4-1 after 2.
  5. Iowa scores 2 in the bottom of the first on a Restovich double (scoring Felix Pie who singled to lead off the inning) and then Hoffpauir hit a sac fly to score Buck Coats (who had singled). Portland gets one back in the top of the second, in the middle of the second, Iowa leads 2-1.
  6. Thanks. I might be going now thanks to my mom or her Medill grad co-workers, just have to get out of work. :)
  7. Where did you hear/read this? Bruce Miles said it on page 11 (premium) of this game thread: No, I don't know that he did. I had it at 20-80 him coming back about a month ago. I've got it at 50-50 and rising every day right now.
  8. So the Twins replace one rookie stud with another: Garza gets promoted, will start on Friday. Can't wait to see him pitch. :D
  9. Not a bad trade at all, Chico and Mock have great stuff and both are former third rounders. They're going to be near or at the top of Washington's crappy farm system.
  10. Hopefully, I too have noticed that (moreso with Rundle and Andersen, since they are HS kids). Colvin's walk rate isn't too shabby either. Using Chase Utley is probably not the right comparison for a Ryan Harvey-type. He might or might not have the same about of walks this year as last season, but his walk rate has been going down each and every season, this season included. This isn't that surprising, one would expect a players' walk rate to go down as he goes up the ladder, but with someone with as poor plate discipline as Harvey, that's a real big problem. I'm not going to say he has no chance of improving but I really don't think a guy who's been playing pro baseball for 4 seasons is going to make the drastic changes needed. It's a tough change, and as craig points out, one has to make the right change. It's not just enough to cut down on strikeouts, he has to improve his swing, hold back on the offspeed stuff, etc. I don't think he can do it.
  11. Probable Starters: Iowa: Les Walrond (8-4, 3.98 ERA, 113 IP) vs. RHP Dewon Brazelton (4-3, 2.67 ERA) WT: RHP Sean Gallagher (5-3, 2.96 ERA, 54.2 IP; overall: 9-3, 2.57 ERA, 133 IP) Daytona: RHP Billy Petrick (1-1, 4.91 ERA, 11 IP; overall: 6-1, 2.85 ERA, 47.1 IP) Boise: RHP Jose Pina (1-5, 5.40 ERA, 38.1 IP) Walrond: 88/53, 1.51 WHIP Gallagher (WT): 51/38, 1.65 WHIP Gallagher (Daytona & WT): 131/59, 1.40 WHIP Petrick (Daytona): 8/1, 1.55 WHIP Petrick (Boise & Daytona): 36/13, 1.39 WHIP Pina: 19/14, 1.33 WHIP
  12. Heading my way? Was supposed to pick up a load at 8:00 over at P & G in Lacombe going to Chino, CA..... but the load isn't ready. If I do pick it up, I can't take it all the way to CA because I need to be home by Fri...... so they were talking about having me run it into Dallas and switching there with another load...... but nobody seems to know when this thing will be ready..... so I don't really know what's going to happen. Maybe I'll just get PO'd and go home ??? Nah, come to Chino. It's about as close to me as Ontario is. We can exchange notes on how to win game threads, something the rest of the posters here could learn. :)
  13. How does my mom (a Northwestern alum) get hooked up with this? I keep telling her to be more active in her Alumni Association.
  14. Great ending to the video, Rocket.
  15. 50-50 chance Dusty returns? Say it ain't so, Bruce... :cry:
  16. 12-3 is the final, Mesa loses. I didn't think to check every pitch, but I did check quite a few, and I think the fastest I saw for Mathes was in the mid-80s (I didn't actually see your post until I was back). Campusano didn't pitch tonight. Thanks - certainly not surprised with those readings, though I was hoping he'd throw harder.
  17. Ugh, Brandon Taylor gave up 8 runs (though only 1 was earned) in 0.1 inning before Robert Hernandez relieved him in the 6th inning. It's now 12-3 in the 9th. Rundle followed up his double with a triple and a HBP. His BA is up to .243! Andersen is 2 for 2 and up to .224.
  18. Boise ends up winning 6-0. Papelbon gets the 3-inning save. Julio Castillo gives up 4 in the 5th inning and Mesa is now losing 4-2 in the top of the 6th. Brandon Taylor is now in to pitch for Mesa.
  19. Well, he saw game 1 of the Carolina series and they lost that game and every game since. Hopefully the curse is now lifted since he saw this last game. ----- Ligtenberg ends up giving up 5 in the top of the 9th and only getting 1 out. Ojeda, Restovich and Deardorff strike out in the bottom of the 9th and Iowa loses a heartbreaker, 10-7. Boise is now up 5-0 at the 7th inning stretch. Russ Canzler with another HR and Colvin is now 2 for 2. Jiminez Angulo's final line is: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, HBP, BB, 2 K. Jeremy Papelbon relieved him and threw a shutout 7th. Mesa is up 2-0 after 4. Drew Rundle is now 1 for 2 with a double. Ceda's final line is: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 4 K.
  20. http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/340260.jpg Chris Markey! :D Shannon Tevaga and Noah Sutherland are ready to block for Markey: http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/340253.jpghttp://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/340248.jpg Ok, I just wanted to post those last two pics because they cracked me up.
  21. Hendry would go out and pick up a bunch of guys who have high OBPs...but only thanks to their high batting averages. Goony and davehern are right. Hendry will incorrectly immitate the WS winner to an extreme.
  22. Peoria ends up losing 7-1. Blackford was hit hard, giving up all 7 (on 10 hits) in 3.1 innings. Ryne Malone and Jesus Valdez each struck out 3 times. Kyle Reynolds went 2 for 4 and scored Peoria's only run.
  23. Portland has put up a 3-spot on Kerry Lightenberg in the 9th inning to jump ahead of Iowa 8-7. All 3 runs scored on a Terrmel Sledge HR. And now Lightenberg gives up a single, he has yet to get an out in the 9th. Boise faced first round pick Kasey Kiker and scored 3 runs off him in 4 innings. They're now up 3-0 in the 5th. Colvin is 1 for 1 with a sac fly. Jiminez Angulo has gone 5 shutout innings, giving up 2 hits, a walk and getting 2 Ks. Jose Ceda started for Mesa and has gone 3 shutout so far with 4 Ks and 2 hits. Rundle is 0 for 1 with another K, Andersen is 1 for 1 with a run. Mesa leads 2-0.
  24. Ugh, swept by Carolina. Jinxed by NCCF. :evil:
×
×
  • Create New...