Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. What about offspeed stuff, what does he have?
  2. Thank you. Although, plate discipline wasn't his only problem this season.
  3. Didn't Harvey tear his ACL last year and then have knee/hamstring problems in spring training this year? He tore his ACL in his senior year of HS.
  4. Probably in the 10-15 group. He could move up if he continues hitting like he has this past week for the rest of the month. His defense is a major concern though. 10 passed balls at AA already. I'd say he's still in the 10-15 group all the same. Were most of those early after his promotion? He would have been catching a whole bunch of guys for the first time. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Even if the facts don't line up. :) I'm too lazy to look through the game logs, so I'll just assume you're right. :P EDIT: And Craig just mentioned the 10 passed balls in 30 games stat again in the Minors.
  5. Dunkin is better. Of course there's neither within 10 miles of me. I prefer the local mom and pop doughnut shops.
  6. Have a great time and go Jaxx! If you can check it out, could you get us some radar readings for Mathes and Campusano? Thanks.
  7. Tough for them to be consistent when so much of their projected starting staff is now pitching for Chicago. I expected Marshall to start the year in West Tenn. They've recently lost Marmol & Mateo. They've had guys called up to AAA to replace Hill & others. Tough way to build a successful run at the playoffs. But it's great news as Cubs fans that these guys are getting called up and holding their own. Only JR Mathes is there from the opening rotation (Dave Cash - cut, Carlos Marmol - big leagues, Juan Mateo - big leagues, Randy Wells - AAA). And not only was Marshall expected to start there, there was a chance Guzman might have too. That's some turnover. Daytona also only has 1 original starter - Mark Holliman (Justin Berg - injured, Sean Gallagher - AA, Luke Hagerty - Mesa instructionals, Grant Johnson - bullpen). While Daytona is in first place, they haven't had to replace the type of pitching talent West Tenn has had to..
  8. I'll have Pie near the top and possibly Patterson towards the bottom. Colvin might make it depending on the next month. Other than that...nobody is leaping to mind. Fox? Probably in the 10-15 group. He could move up if he continues hitting like he has this past week for the rest of the month. His defense is a major concern though. 10 passed balls at AA already. I'd say he's still in the 10-15 group all the same.
  9. I passionately agree. I do too.
  10. Yeah, I was going to say after reading the article, Gardenhire specifically said that it was not the elbow. Change the thread title so people like me don't get unnecessarily scared. Done.
  11. Guzman scrapped his curve in favor of his slider (which has supposedly been very strong the last month or so in Iowa). Mateo doesn't have a second pitch? His slider is pretty good.
  12. Dopirak: Sept. 2007 if he repeats at AA and has a good season, otherwise sometime in 2008. EPatt: Sometime next season. Harvey; I don't think he'll make it to the bigs as a hitter, even with his hot July and August. But I expect he'll be at AA next season. I have read several times on this bd. that EPatt isn't ready to assume full-time duties next season, hence the acquisition of Izturis. Is this your assessment as well? Is he therefore just trade bait? He probably could do it and post numbers similar to what I expect Izturis to do, but *I* think EPatt will need at least a half season at AAA and some time to get accustomed to the big leagues. I'd rather have him than Izturis by the end of next season and definitely 2008 and on. Izturis is SS, Patterson is 2B. I don't think Cesar's acquisition has any bearing the Patterson's future. I agree.
  13. Dopirak: Sept. 2007 if he repeats at AA and has a good season, otherwise sometime in 2008. EPatt: Sometime next season. Harvey; I don't think he'll make it to the bigs as a hitter, even with his hot July and August. But I expect he'll be at AA next season. I have read several times on this bd. that EPatt isn't ready to assume full-time duties next season, hence the acquisition of Izturis. Is this your assessment as well? Is he therefore just trade bait? He probably could do it and post numbers similar to what I expect Izturis to do, but *I* think EPatt will need at least a half season at AAA and some time to get accustomed to the big leagues. I'd rather have him than Izturis by the end of next season and definitely 2008 and on.
  14. explain why? please Tim? the guy looks like the next Kerry, a permanent reservation with the DL. His head is as wild as "Z" but Z at least has now controlled it. He has a great fastball for homerun hitter. When has Guzman's head ever been wild? He's been healthy all season. While he has shown the rust of someone who's missed 2.5 seasons, his control and stuff are returning to form from before the injury.
  15. I hope he's ok, he has had some major injury problems in the past in the Giants and Twins' systems. Will the Twins call up Garza to replace Liriano?
  16. Don't know how you decide if a player is still a prospect, but Marmol has now gone over the IP and service time for a rookie. Hill is close behind.
  17. He's given up 5 HRs this season - 3 in one start at approximatley 4500' in Albuquerque. From May 18th on, he's only given up 1 HR.
  18. heh heh, Hendry is actually a huge moneyball philosopher! If kc is correct, then by not pursuing overvalued OBP and by instead pursuing undervalued speed, defense, and young pitching, Hendry is being super smart! Whaddya think? Rather than being way behind the game, clever hendry is really way ahead of the game? I'd be kind of surprised if young pitching was ever undervalued in baseball.
  19. Does that change at all given that he hasn't been on the DL at all this year? If he completes this season healthy, I think he could easily take his place again as the top arm in the system. I completely agree. I was having a conversation with Outshined about how long it'd take before you'd say Guzman was the top minor league pitcher again. I think a healthy season puts a lot to rest (not all, of course, but definitely enough for me). In terms of potential amongst those listed in the first post, I'd say Marmol-Hill-Marshall (Gooz definitely first). Most likely to reach it: Hill, Marshall, Marmol, Guzman. This past spring. I still agree with your top 2. :)
  20. Does that change at all given that he hasn't been on the DL at all this year? If he completes this season healthy, I think he could easily take his place again as the top arm in the system. I wish I had seen him pitch more at Iowa this season. From what I've heard, his three plus pitches aren't as plus as they once were. But that scouting report is a bit old. Any word on whether he's gotten 100% of his stuff back? Not sure about his stuff, but his slider has supposedly come on real strong in the past month or so and become a dominant out-pitch per both his Iowa managers this season.
×
×
  • Create New...