Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Well, I wouldn't complain if the thunderstorm warning was for the San Gabriel Valley, but alas, it isn't... Great quote in your sig. West Tenn is up 2-1 in the top of the 5th, thanks to RBI singles by Chris Walker and Eric Patterson in the top of the 3rd. Shaver: 4 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, BB, 2 K
  2. Donnie's 3rd: GO 6-3. GO 4-3. FO-8. 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, K; 4 GO - 3 FO Daytona leads 3-0 after 3. EDIT: Wish the audio would work on the computers in the office. :(
  3. So you're telling me Joey Cora cares more about Z's arm than Dusty?
  4. Stupid thunderstorm warnings. That ankle has basically robbed him of his 2006 season. :( Donnie's 2nd: Single to LF. GO, 3-6-3. Runner safe at second, out at first. FO-8. K swinging. Veal: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, K The D-Cubs chase Pavano in the third by getting 2 more runs, thanks to a Price single to RF, Spears bunt single, a Simokaitis RBI single to CF, a Spearman sac bunt to advance the runners to second and third, a Matt Craig IBB and a Ryan Harvey sac fly. Reliever Mike Martinez then came in and got the final out of the top of the third. In the middle of the third, Daytona leads it 3-0.
  5. Joe Simokaitis with a solo HR with 1 out in the top of the first for Daytona off the rehabbing Carl Pavano. Veal's bottom of the 1st: IF single to third base. Veal picks him off at first base. GO 3-unassisted. FO-7. 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R Daytona leads it 1-0 in the middle of the 2nd.
  6. A fellow UCLA fan? And a UCI fan? I am not shocked that ASU would be ranked higher than UCLA since all the national media see is Drew Olson, Lewis and Drew gone from last year's team. Personally, I'm just hoping the Bruins are above .500 and Ben Olson has a strong year. I'm pretty excited about the recruiting class for next year. :) Well, I'm a UCLA football fan because I know UCI football won't lose a game this year, and it's no fun following a team that good. I also like Bruins basketball but they rank behind UCI and then Illinois in my book. (that is, in a game between UI and UCLA I want UI to win, UCI vs. UI I want Illinois, etc) Sweet, a Bruin football fan! Apparently UCIers have the same attitude to football as UCSD does (I was at UCSD for a quarter, the number of "undefeated football program" shirts on campus was hilarious). I'll ignore the part about Illinois basketball...
  7. May I point out that Bruce told us the part about Dusty coming back being closer to 50-50 a few days ago in the game threads? :) Wait. :(
  8. Meh, I'll beat everyone and say... Huseby and Veal! :D
  9. Probable Starters: WT: LHP Chris Shaver (5-7, 2.93 ERA, 120 IP; overall: 5-7, 2.72 ERA, 128.2 IP) @ RHP Spike Lundberg (11-1, 1.99 ERA) Daytona: LHP Donnie Veal (4-2, 1.20 ERA, 52 IP; overall: 9-5, 2.07 ERA, 126.1 IP) @ RHP Carl Pavano (0-1, 0.00 ERA) Peoria: LHP Jesus Yepez (5-6, 3.49 ERA, 116 IP) vs. RHP Carlos Rosa (7-6, 2.47 ERA) Boise: RHP Mike Billek (2-2, 6.69 ERA, 40.1 IP; overall: 6-8, 6.73 ERA, 93.2 IP) Mesa: RHP Chris Huseby (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 2 IP) & RHP Marco Carillo (2-0, 2.10 ERA, 25.2 IP) *Take Mesa's probable starter with a grain of salt as they shuffle their pitchers around with frequency. Shaver at West Tenn: 104/47, 1.37 WHIP Shaver at West Tenn & Daytona: 114/47, 1.31 WHIP Veal at Daytona: 54/27, 1.12 WHIP Veal at Daytona & Peoria: 140/67, 1.14 WHIP Yepez: 62/57, 1.47 WHIP Billek at Boise: 17/12, 1.66 WHIP Billek at Daytona, Peoria & Boise: 52/33, 1.71 WHIP Huseby: 4/0, 0.50 WHIP Carrillo: 16/4, 1.01 WHIP
  10. If you're coming, let me know. That'd be great - we could have more than one person to ask these questions. I'm in! I didn't know that it's going to be at the Huntington, that's just a few minutes away from me. I'll PM you before Tuesday. Rock on. I've never been there - is it nice? Aack, you're in for a treat. The library is great, the gardens are out of this world (although not as pleasant when it's hot).
  11. I told you NCCF was the jinx!
  12. MILB says that they won 9-3? So did the radio broadcast.
  13. More Garza love: Can't wait till Friday! :)
  14. Boise is up 9-3 in the 8th. Canzler and Matulia both hit 3-run HRs, for Russ Canzler, it's the second straight day he's hit a HR. Tyler Colvin is 1 for 4. Jose Pina went 5 innings and gave up 2 runs (1 ER). Alessandro Maestri has gone 3 innings of relief and gave up 1 run.
  15. Disappointing to see him give up as many HRs tonight as he did all of this season and the previous 2 combined. Billy seems to be succumbing to the big inning so far in Daytona: July 29th: 6 IP, 3 ER -> all 3 ER came in the third inning Aug 4th: 5+ IP, 3 ER -> all 3 ER came in the sixth inning Today: 5.1 IP, 5 ER -> 3 ER in the 2nd, 2 ER in the sixth He also seems to be tiring, definitely has in the last two starts, as he hasn't been able to get out of the 6th.
  16. Petrick gets 1-2-3 4th and 5th innings. Daytona down 3-0 in the middle of the 6th. Billy: 5 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, BB, K, 2 HR, 7 GO : 6 FO He's out there to start the 6th inning, hopefully the 6th goes better than his 6th last time out.
  17. Petrick's third: Hall: Line single. Malec: FC, 6-4. Hit too slow for a GIDP. Ehlers: Pop out. Gonzalez: Single, Malec goes to third and on the throw to third, Gonzalez goes to second. Greenwood: Walks on a close changeup on a full count, bases loaded. Mound visit. Mendoza: FO - 8 :phew: 3 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 HR, 3 GO : 5 FO
  18. Let's all admire the fact that the Israeli-Hizbollah quagmire plays second fiddle to infidelity on the Mets. I mean, did the guys at the Onion get a hold of the Post? Psh, it's only Hezbollah's deadliest blitz.
  19. Bah. After a 1-2-3 first inning, Billy Petrick surrenders a 2-run HR and a solo shot to start off the 2nd inning. Those 2 HRs are 2 more than Billy gave up last season in 37 innings and just 1 less than the 3 he gave up in 146.2 innings in 2004. :( In the bottom of the 3rd, Tampa leads Daytona 3-0.
  20. How many more posts are on premium? And how is it sorted that certain posts are only on premium? Everytime I read regular the conversation seems smooth with no missing link. It's not that certain posts are only found in premium, it's just that a premium page will hold 20 posts while a regular page will hold 15. That means that threads are smaller in premium (in terms of pages) and certain posts in a thread will be on different pages depending on whether it is being read in premium or regular.
  21. Iowa is now 2 back of first-place Nashville.
  22. Nope. The Maddux signing was longer. Whatever, Mets fan. Yeah, the Nomar trade is probably longer.
  23. If you're coming, let me know. That'd be great - we could have more than one person to ask these questions. I'm in! I didn't know that it's going to be at the Huntington, that's just a few minutes away from me. I'll PM you before Tuesday.
  24. Next Year's Value: 1. Marshall - he and Hill are close 2. Hill 3. Guzman 4. Marmol Trade Value: 1. Marmol - most upsides besides Guzman, doesn't have the injury problems of Angel 2. Marshall 3. Hill 4. Guzman Long Term Value: 1. Guzman - best ceiling, I think injury problems will be limited going forward 2. Marshall 3. Marmol 4. Hill I think Marmol is best served as a reliever at the end of the pen, which is why his long term value is lower. I'd be most willing to trade him or one of Marshall/Hill. I think Guzman's trade value is down compared to his value to the Cubs.
×
×
  • Create New...