Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. That ignores how he finished last season. He is still our best pitcher. Let's let Hill get through the league a couple of times before we annoint him the Cy Young winner. I haven't annointed him anything more than the best starting pitcher on this team.
  2. That ignores how he finished last season.
  3. Yeah. :) Cook? Are you serious?
  4. Woo Carlos Lee!
  5. Game-time temperature: 43°F Feels like: 38°F Cloudy, 20% chance of precipitation. Winds blowing in from RF at about 5-10 mph.
  6. I believe people are suggesting Rich Hill has been better than Z since the middle of last season. There are causes for concern for Z though - his back, his weight, his BBs. Since August 1: Rich Hill: 83.2 IP, 2.47 ERA, 84 K/21 BB, 0.91 WHIP, 11 HR Carlos Zambrano: 78 IP, 4.62 ERA, 68 K/44 BB, 1.47 WHIP, 8 HR Carlos has better stuff and has a much longer and better history but Hill obviously has been much, much better over the last half season.
  7. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Carlos Marmol (0-0, 4.50 ERA, 4 IP) Tennessee: RHP Kevin Hart (0-1, 9.00 ERA, 5 IP) vs. LHP Manny Parra (1-0, 1.80 ERA) Daytona: RHP Scott Taylor (0-0, 3.60 ERA, 5 IP) Peoria: RHP Rafael Dolis (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 5 IP) vs. LHP Everett Teaford (0-0, 0.00 ERA) Marmol: 4 IP, 6 K/2 BB, .188 BAA Hart: 5 IP, 1 K/1 BB, .211 BAA Taylor: 5 IP, 3 K/2 BB, .211 BAA Dolis: 5 IP, 8 K/2 BB, .118 BAA
  8. Craig (and everyone else), I'm sure you'll enjoy these entries from AZ Phil at Cub Reporter: But wait, there's more:
  9. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070413&content_id=206869&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp Part two...Donnie answers a question from his mailbag, talking about Prior and Wood and how he dislikes Dontrelle Willis comparisons.
  10. I had to give up tickets to see San Bernardino vs. Rancho Cucamonga the other day - the game started off with Bartolo Colon pitching to Rafael Furcal. :shock:
  11. More questions about some of the young Latin American pitchers, Nate... What are your overall thoughts on all of them - specifically Albuquerque, Ceda, Pina and Castillo. I know Ceda is HUGE and throws gas (as does Castillo and Dolis)...what about Albuquerque and Pina. What other pitchers do these guys throw? Who's left the best impression on you so far?
  12. I'd also like to hear about his stuff. I know that Ceda, Castillo, and Dolis all throw very hard. And, all three are pretty wild. Physically, Ceda is the hulk of the bunch. Ceda has a slider of some promise. All three of Ceda, Castillo, and Dolis have been pretty wild. Not sure what if anything Dolis and Castillo have for non-fastball. But Pina and Albuquerque, I don't know what they've got. Carillo is a little guy who doesn't throw hard, even though he seems to have better control and maybe a breaking pitch. I'd love to hear Raisin's observations on them. Where did you hear Ceda threw a slider? I thought he threw a curve (of promise, as you said). Otherwise, I don't know much more than you. I've heard Albuquerque threw hard a few years ago, before the injuries, but who knows now. I know nothing about Pina's arsenal. This is one of the reasons I really need to listen to some Peoria games. :) We should drop Nate some questions too.
  13. Internet is down at home, so no time to look at opposing pitchers or stats. Iowa: Walrond Tenn: Berg Daytona: Blackford Peoria: Pina
  14. Do I win if Lou never gets ejected? (Never submitted an entry.)
  15. Rumor has it that once Ryan Harvey leaves EXT, he'll head to Daytona and not Tennessee.
  16. Tennessee loses 5-1. Chris Walker went 2 for 3, Jake Fox and Matt Craig each had a double. Peoria loses game two too, 2-1. Muldowney gets the CG - 6 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 8 K, 2 BB, 1 HR. Muldowney has 17 Ks in 11 IP this season. Josh Lansford went 2 for 2 with 2 doubles.
  17. Huntsville now up 4-1 on Tennessee in the middle of the 6th. Peoria tied 1-1 now in the 5th inning. Muldowney: 5 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 8 K, 2 BB.
  18. Mike Cooper leaves the Daytona game with some sort of injury. :?
×
×
  • Create New...