Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Game-time temperature: 39°F Feels like: 35°F 30% chance of Snow Flurries Winds blowing out to RF at 5 mph.
  2. He did. Haven't you disowned him yet? I did a long time ago.
  3. Still loaded with Rush, Chalmers, and Collins. I think Rush goes pro too. Still a strong team.
  4. I don't think so. I've heard from a few people he had awful command during spring training. And he had that problem the past two seasons in Mesa and Boise. What's the problem? He didn't have extreme control issues in HS. In high school, he could throw it down the middle and blow everyone away. When he was drafted, they talked about some mechanical issues. It seems that he has had them each spring, then gets straightened out during the year. Yup. And the pitching coach who is credited with really helping him last season in Boise is now the pitching coach at Peoria.
  5. I don't think so. I've heard from a few people he had awful command during spring training. And he had that problem the past two seasons in Mesa and Boise.
  6. Ridiculous. "Zero mound presence"? "Act"? As if anyone would act like that on the mound artificially. Zambrano's comments were a little odd and not very polite, but Estrada can stick it as far as I'm concerned. If I was an opposing player, I would hate Zambrano for his act on the mound. If I was an opposing player, I'd keep my mouth shut about Z's antics. 97+ mph up and in ends careers. Not after Z's comments, I wouldn't. If a player was afraid of 97+ mph up and in, he wouldn't be able to stand in the batter's box in the big leagues.
  7. That was the plan, but with Marshall and Mateo in EXT, Marmol was forced into the rotation. I have no problem with that - even if he ends up as a reliever or closer, he really could use all the innings he can get. I'd love it if he was starting even after Marshall and Mateo are back in Iowa.
  8. What the hell, Brad Lidge.
  9. Dolis will be the most interesting for me. I've said it a few times, but Peoria's arms are so intriguing and exciting.
  10. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Carlos Marmol (Iowa & West Tenn: 3-2, 2.66 ERA, 61 IP) Tennessee: RHP Mark Holliman (Daytona: 8-11, 4.38 ERA, 144 IP) Daytona: RHP Scott Taylor (Peoria: 8-8, 3.39 ERA, 140.2 IP) Peoria: RHP Rafael Dolis (Mesa: 0-2, 8.28 ERA, 25 IP) Marmol: 4.2 IP, 1 K/2 BB, .067 BAA Holliman: 144 IP, 121 K/58 BB, .241 BAA Taylor: 140.2 IP, 71 K/28 BB, .268 BAA Dolis: 25 IP, 33 K/16 BB, .294 BAA All stats are from 2006. At least some of you should be excited by some of the starters...
  11. http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/2007/04/07/QmFjvOkP.jpg http://daytonacubs.com/images/news/1175913630.jpg
  12. Ridiculous. "Zero mound presence"? "Act"? As if anyone would act like that on the mound artificially. Zambrano's comments were a little odd and not very polite, but Estrada can stick it as far as I'm concerned. If I was an opposing player, I would hate Zambrano for his act on the mound.
  13. I sure wish this game was on, you know, a channel I could watch. :|
  14. Iowa loses game two also, 1-0 in 7 innings. Both teams managed just 1 hit - Scott Moore got the I-Cubs hit. Ryan O'Malley: 4.1 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 K, 2 BB
  15. I would pick Cedeno. He should have been charged with that error too. No way are you going to turn a DP in that situation. Get atleast that out at 2b. Cedeno is proving that he is not a clutch player. I don't think he was trying to turn a DP, I think he was trying to not get his leg broken. He would have made the play and not broken his leg if he was clutch.
  16. Sorry, I'm just following through MiLB.com. UBlink was listening.
  17. Iowa loses game one 2-1. Almonte gave up the game winning run in the bottom of the 7th (the last inning). Walrond: 5 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 4 K, 2 BB. EPatt and Felix were both 1/4, Micah Hoffpauir was 1/2 with a BB.
  18. Bring back Walrond. 5 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 4 K, 2 BB in Round Rock today. You might be on to something.
  19. Did Wade look as bad as his game line?
  20. How bad was Wade Miller? (I missed the first 7 innings.)
×
×
  • Create New...