Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I haven't seen too many Lakers games this season so I was rather stunned at just how bad their defense is. Really bad game by everyone...Smush Parker is useless. Glad to see Jordan has improved quite a bit from earlier in the season (his D was sketchy, but not too many guys can hang with Nash) and he's going to be a quality starting PG for a while to come. :)
  2. Daytona, Iowa, Mesa? At this point I'm really looking forward to Mesa starting. I still remember when Pie was still down there...maybe someone else of that magnitude will come through soon. Robert Hernandez? Larry Suarez? Eh, hopefully Hernandez is at Boise.
  3. Probable Starters: Tennessee: RHP Justin Berg (1-0, 7.36 ERA, 11 IP) vs. RHP Osbek Castillo (0-0, 3.86 ERA) Daytona: LHP Sean Marshall (Rehab - 2006 with Iowa & Chicago: 6-11, 5.25 ERA, 147.1 IP) Berg: 11 IP, 9 K/6 BB, .375 BAA Marshall: 147.1 IP, 98 K/73 BB, .264 BAA
  4. Box Scores: Tennessee lost 16-7, box: CF C. Walker 0/4, R, BB, K 1B-3B J. Fox 2/5, R, HR (3), 3 RBI, E (2, throwing) 2B J. Spearman 1/2, R, 2 BB, SB (2), E (5, fielding) SS-RP (:shock:) J. Simokaitis 2/4, 2B (2), RBI; 1 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 0 K/0 BB, 2 GO-1 FO SP J. Berg 1+ IP, 10 R, 6 ER, 6 , 1 K/4 BB, 2 GO-0 FO RP (:shock:) G. Cates 1/2, R, HR (1), 2 RBI; 3 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 2 K/0 BB, 2 GO-5 FO Daytona won 7-2, box: 3B-SS M. Matulia 3/5, 2 R, 2B (3), 3B (2), RBI SS R. Chirinos 0/3, K, SB (3), HBP CF T. Colvin 1/3, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K, CS (1) RF J. Valdez 1/4, R, 3B (2), K C M. Reed 1/3, BB, SB (2), CS (2) 2B N. Spears 1/3, 2 R, BB SP S. Marshall 6 IP, 2 ER, 7 H, 4 K/1 BB, 1 HR, WP, 12 GO-2 FO Iowa and Peoria with the day off. Overall: 1-1.
  5. I know some scouts (one I know very well). :lol:
  6. Now, I'm pretty sure HerbalK missed his pick last time, so if he doesn't pick by, say, 2 pm CT, someone else should pick for the 9ers.
  7. I'd prefer Kenny Irons to Lorenzo Booker but that couldn't happen in this draft, sadly. The Chargers select WR Aundrae Allison, East Carolina.
  8. The Chargers take CB Fred Bennett, South Carolina.
  9. Tyson/Othella/Crap We made Michael Ruffin and Etan Thomas look like studs in that series. At least this year, we have a dominant defensive presence down low. you're not counting Othella as crap? Wasn't Sweetney there, or did he come in the Curry trade? Yeah, Sweetney came in the Curry trade.
  10. wasn't Chicago one of the 5% two years ago? Yes. But none of that pessimism now.
  11. http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/prospects/features/263747.html
  12. Yay Bulls! (I missed the whole game because of work but got some nifty PBP - mostly revolving around Ben Wallace's afro.) You know what this win calls for? This.
  13. Why isn't he a starter anymore? Durability? Don't know, your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully he gets back into the rotation, he's been pitching great. 11.2 IP, 4 ER, 12 H, 10 K/2 BB, 3.08 ERA, 1.20 WHIP _______ Colvin got a double in the 9th but was stranded. Daytona loses 3-0. Hopefully, he can get in there the next time thru. He has thrown at least 2 2/3 three times in his last 4 outings. He should be about stretched out to go 4-5 and maybe piggyback with someone. There might be an opening already. Todd Blackford has elbow soreness and will miss at least one start (Sean Marshall will be rehabing in his place tomorrow), so if Marshall is gone and Blackford is still hurt, there we are.
  14. Theriot played 91 games at SS last season at AAA...to 32 at second base. He can play SS in the big leagues, but he's not as good defensively as Izturis or Cedeno.
  15. Is it too early to start the Pedro Alvarez BandWGN for the 2008 draft?
  16. Iowa loses 7-1. Marmol gave up 4, 2 of them after he left the game as Clay Rapada continues his early struggles.
  17. Draft status? I doubt it. If a guy can succeed with a wood bat at the HS level, there's one fewer question about him compared to another kid who primarily has used aluminum.
  18. I'm excited, I bought an authentic nameless #20 last year planning on this. I know it looks a little cramped when adding a name above the 2006 models (the numbers sit a tad higher), but it still looks fine. I'm dropping it off for lettering tomorrow. And I had a new one which I had never worn that I sold on eBay this offseason because he didn't switch to #20. Ugh, you should have waited a bit at least. Young players often change their numbers after their initial promotion.
  19. Why isn't he a starter anymore? Durability? Don't know, your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully he gets back into the rotation, he's been pitching great. 11.2 IP, 4 ER, 12 H, 10 K/2 BB, 3.08 ERA, 1.20 WHIP _______ Colvin got a double in the 9th but was stranded. Daytona loses 3-0.
  20. Daytona down 3-0 in the bottom of the 8th. Billy Petrick: 2.2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 3 K/0 BB, 2 GO-2 FO.
×
×
  • Create New...