Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Olsen is a Bear. He's wearing a Bears hat already.
  2. Yeah, I have the same game on here in LA. Lame.
  3. I'd definitely trade down one of the picks. I think the Chargers will take a WR here.
  4. Sears or Blalock. neither is a reach. Olson. you have got to roll the dice with an offensive pick JA Olsen now and then Sears at 37 wouldn't be bad at all. Yeah, Sears should be at 37. Actually, I think the Bears will trade down at 37.
  5. Yeah, those are the two guys I wanted are gone (I wanted Bowe but that wasn't going to happen). Lame.
  6. Blalock, I guess. Not as a big a fan. No need for Kalil. Time for Olsen/Jarrett, etc.
  7. How about Miami with Ginn? ohh yeah...forgot about that gem. I really like Justin Harrell, not sure how badly they need a DT but that's a really talented kid. I think Ginn was a reach pick and not a need pick either. Poor move there.
  8. Wow. The Patriots got next year's first rounder and this year's fourth rounder. The Pats ALWAYS seem to have two first rounders.
  9. Joe Staley. :( Damn you, 49ers.
  10. New England made a trade with the 49ers and made their pick.
  11. No no. Trade down for the kid from said obscure Southern school who will end up being a Pro Bowler. :)
  12. Quite frankly, I don't want Jarrett or Olsen. I'd rather have Steve Smith and Staley/Grubbs. I was really hoping for Dwayne Bowe to somehow fall. :( Oh, and I'm waiting for the trade down. :)
  13. Geez, they drag this thing soooooo much.
  14. They did a good bit, got 3 defensive starters in FA this year: LB Brian Simmons, CB Jason David, and S Kevin Kaesvaharn. I still think the D is a big weakness. I'm not a fan of KK (glad the Bears didn't pick him up). I don't have a problem with the team strengthening a strength, but I feel the Saints D really could use some help, especially at the expense of another WR.
  15. Ugh. Gotta look at the line for one of those two picks.
  16. Grr, there goes Meachem. The Saints really should address their D.
  17. Darn, disappointing about Bowe going. I like him better than any of the other WR prospects. Honestly, I'm not that interested in Olsen.
  18. I'm a bit late here but that was a brutal trade for Cleveland. Is Bowe gone already?
  19. I agree. The Cubs have spent money on pitchers like Scott Williamson and Wade Miller to come back from serious injuries, you might as well invest a little in a guy that has (had) a world of talent and is still young. Of course, that's assuming Prior would agree to some kind of reasonable contract spread over the next few years. I know the history of Mark Prior in Chicago, but if the Cubs follow the same path as this year (don't count on him and anything at all is a plus) I think re-signing him would be a wise choice. Exactly. They've given chances to Williamson, Miller and Dempster (plus, they technically did with Woody this past offseason too). Hendry sure could do this if he got along with Prior.
  20. And how much of that was due to the talent at LSU? I'm guessing a lot. I'm not saying Russell would have been trash otherwise but he wouldn't be anywhere near the prospect he is if he switched spots with Quinn. The talent at LSU was miles ahead of the talent at Notre Dame the last couple years. Umm, we're comparing JMR to John Navarre of an equally talented Michigan teams. Not talking about ND here. I just used Notre Dame because of Quinn. I could have used any team with substantially less talent than LSU had and the point would still stand. How much of Russell's numbers were based on how much talent he had around him? We're getting to a different subject here - I agree with you that JMR was aided by a good team (but scouts don't look at just how he does against a porous ND defense while LSU has many other NFL caliber offensive players). As I've already said, I'm not the biggest JMR fan. Just stating he didn't come out of nowhere. That doesn't change the fact that JMR was a probable first rounder during the regular college football season and a potential top-10 pick right before the Sugar Bowl. You think he was a top-10 pick before the Sugar Bowl and I don't. Can we agree to disagree and end this debate. Fine by me.
  21. Dammit, I gotta run just as we close in on the Bears' picks.
  22. And how much of that was due to the talent at LSU? I'm guessing a lot. I'm not saying Russell would have been trash otherwise but he wouldn't be anywhere near the prospect he is if he switched spots with Quinn. The talent at LSU was miles ahead of the talent at Notre Dame the last couple years. Umm, we're comparing JMR to John Navarre of an equally talented Michigan teams. Not talking about ND here. I just used Notre Dame because of Quinn. I could have used any team with substantially less talent than LSU had and the point would still stand. How much of Russell's numbers were based on how much talent he had around him? We're getting to a different subject here - I agree with you that JMR was aided by a good team (but scouts don't look at just how he does against a porous ND defense while LSU has many other NFL caliber offensive players). As I've already said, I'm not the biggest JMR fan. Just stating he didn't come out of nowhere. That doesn't change the fact that JMR was a probable first rounder during the regular college football season and a potential top-10 pick right before the Sugar Bowl.
  23. For the Bears, I'm loving that Bowe and Meachem are still available.
×
×
  • Create New...