Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I'm pleased as well. I wasn't too enamored with Spencer, but if that's who they targeted, they did a nice job getting their guy while stockpiling an extra first tounder for next year. I like the pick of Marten as he gives us depth at OL and he'll have at least a year to learn the scheme and bulk up some. I'm just so elated about getting Cleveland's first rounder that it really didn't matter much who we picked. Looking ahead to next year really excites me. Here's just a few players that we could have a choice of next season: Darren McFadden RB Arkansas Jared Gaither OT Maryland Brian Brohm QB Louisville Glenn Dorsey DT LSU Kenny Phillips S Miami (FL) Jake Long OT Michigan DeSean Jackson WR California Mario Manningham WR Michigan Franklin Okam DT Texas Sam Baker OT USC McFadden, plz! My favorite teams are now the Cowboys and whoever is playing Cleveland. McFadden is clearly the best player right now, but I'm not ready to concentrate solely on him. Flo will be a FA after this season, and any one of Gaither/Long/Baker could turn out to be franchise LTs. I would be really pleased though if we are able to get a good season out of Julius and then let him walk and get a high comp pick for him, then grab McFadden with the Browns' pick and an OT with our pick. I'll go out on a bit of a limb and say John David Booty will the first overall pick next year.
  2. I like the Bazuin pick. Would have preferred Pittman to Wolfe too. I think Pittman will be a good one in the NFL. Okwo stood out the past few years when I watched a Stanford game (I think I've only seen USC, UCLA and Cal play Stanford though, so not too many games). I think he would have been there in the fourth round, though.
  3. Holy crap! What a trade!! Bears get SD's 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder, 5th rounder and a 3rd rounder next year!!
  4. Agreed. But I like the trade down here.
  5. :shock:
  6. Hehe, if you're referring to the Bears I don't think we'll be taking him @ 37. Unless I really have no clue (always possible), I think Angelo switches back to defense here. OL OL OL. Blalock or Sears.
  7. So rather than criticize what he said, you call him gay -- interestingly enough, he's married. I guess you haven't surpassed the maturity level of questioning the sexuality of somebody you don't like. I didn't call him gay, I just trashed his residense. Oh please. Cut it out.
  8. Yeah, his blocking is horrid but it can be worked on at least. And the Bears didn't pick him for that anyways.
  9. How about Miami with Ginn? ohh yeah...forgot about that gem. I really like Justin Harrell, not sure how badly they need a DT but that's a really talented kid. I think Ginn was a reach pick and not a need pick either. Poor move there. I don't understand when people say this. The Dolphins don't need a WR. They needed a QB or Defense. Wrong. As an outsider, I'm wondering why you think they need a WR?
  10. There goes Branch.
  11. I hate Rex Grossman I am a tool I hate Rex Grossman I live in the Castro District of San Fran I hate Rex Grossman I am a tool I hate Rex Grossman ooh good one, a gay joke... and you're calling someone else a tool :roll: You can never let anything a Bear fan says just lie, can you? What's the point of a gay joke?
  12. Olsen: "Just a great situation to go to - they were in the Super Bowl last season and I'm extremely excited." He keeps saying it's a great situation for him. ETA: Will contribute anyway they want him to, hopes he can play a big role for the team.
  13. Greg Olsen being interviewed on ESPN News right now.
  14. I mean I'm not jumping through hoops and popping champagne or anything, but I'm glad to see the Bears take a top pass catching TE for really the first time in my lifetime. It means WR is not an option at 37 which is disappointing. I felt getting a WR was more important and the guys I like look like they will be there at 37.
  15. How about Miami with Ginn? ohh yeah...forgot about that gem. I really like Justin Harrell, not sure how badly they need a DT but that's a really talented kid. I think Ginn was a reach pick and not a need pick either. Poor move there. I don't understand when people say this. What do you mean? Do the Dolphins really need a WR? I didn't think they did.
  16. I'm really indifferent about Olsen.
  17. Don't see why any team shouldn't take the whole time limit. If you know who you're going to pick, just go up and pick. They've been showing video of Olsen with a Bears hat on for a while now. Just announce the pick and lets move on. The Bears had been trying to trade their pick the whole time.
  18. Greg Olsen...it's official.
  19. Don't see why any team shouldn't take the whole time limit.
  20. Agreed.
  21. Hey yo, you think the Chiefs made a good choice in Bowe? I love Bowe.
  22. Just doesn't seem like a Bear TE - doesn't block too well. Great athlete, nice hands, good receiver as a TE and would be a good target for Grossman.
  23. Seemed obvious to me the Chargers would take a WR, but I figured they'd take Jarrett or Rice. That's a reach!
  24. Grr, great time for a commercial, NFL Network.
  25. Olsen was just now trying on a Bears hat on NFL Network.
×
×
  • Create New...