Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,647
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Please don't question commercials.
  2. YES!!!!! UCLA wins it 61-60 when gimpy point guard Jordan Farmar layed it in with 3 seconds left! Arron Afflalo hurt his tailbone late in the game and didn't play after the injury - he's been UCLA's best offensive and defensive player all year. I hope it's not too serious because we're screwed if Afflalo doesn't play, especially when we go up to Washington next week.
  3. You're mentioning Freddie Mitchell like that's a good thing? :D Syracuse has locked up a RB out of the great state of Ohio and he has won the Mr. Ohio title. He was a great player and not too rowdy at UCLA. It's something about Philly, I'm telling you. :P
  4. Sounds good to me. I was fine with any team besides the Redskins, thankfully Washington can't play the Bears next round.
  5. Looks like Eli or Delhomme will be travelling to Chicago.
  6. He is the #3 CB. Darrin Walls is #1, and he commited to ND. link EDIT:Well if you click on each person, it has #1 and #3 switched. Weird, I wonder which way it is? Walls was #3 until he picked ND. Upon seeing how he'd made the best possible decision, his ranking was augmented. That's called the USC/ND/Miami effect.
  7. If the Iowa fans didn't storm the court, they'd be disrespecting the Illini program. ;)
  8. Yeah, I especially thought he was biased when he picked Illinois to win the Big 10 despite losing today. Just curious, did you watch the game? Good chunks of it.
  9. Yeah, I especially thought he was biased when he picked Illinois to win the Big 10 despite losing today.
  10. WR Terrence Austin picked UCLA over Oregon and ND - he's the biggest WR get during Dorrell's tenure. Probably the biggest WR commit to UCLA since Tab Perry or Freddie Mitchell. LB Allen Bradford picked USC over UCLA, he'll have to convert to S if he wants to play at USC.
  11. Lavin's worse. You can't go 5 minutes without a story about Baron Davis or Dan Gadzuric. Arizona is barely beating USC in Tucson in the second half. Lute nearly got T'd up, it was entertaining to watch him have a hissy fit. But, it'd be nice if Arizona would win convincingly, so a UCLA win in Tucson means something.
  12. Seriously, thanks for shutting up SC and all their fans. :)
  13. Oh, I forgot that. I meant the NC. Whatever, I've been up since 5:30.
  14. Everytime I flipped over from the USC-ASU game, dude was travelling. yea, I meant to call you and tell you to stop flipping over . . . CPatt gave me $5 to do my best to help the Spartans win. :shrug: If I had known you'd be that effective I would've given you $15 to force you to watch the whole thing. What? And miss ASU choke a 6-pt lead to USC in the last minute in Tempe? that's cute, they play basketball too? Yeah, I believe they beat UNC. Something the Illini didn't seem to do the last time they played. /instigating
  15. Everytime I flipped over from the USC-ASU game, dude was travelling. yea, I meant to call you and tell you to stop flipping over . . . CPatt gave me $5 to do my best to help the Spartans win. :shrug: If I had known you'd be that effective I would've given you $15 to force you to watch the whole thing. What? And miss ASU choke a 6-pt lead to USC in the last minute in Tempe?
  16. Everytime I flipped over from the USC-ASU game, dude was travelling. yea, I meant to call you and tell you to stop flipping over . . . CPatt gave me $5 to do my best to help the Spartans win. :shrug:
  17. Wow, UCLA goes into Tucson and beats Arizona 85-79 despite Jordan Farmar missing chunks of the game after re-aggravating his ankle injury (for about the 10th time this season) and the top 2 Cs on the depth chart being injured. It was the first UCLA victory in Tucson since 1997 (when the Wildcats won the championship). Arron Afflalo is a stud, Lorenzo Mata looked impressive at center and should start even when the regular centers get healthy.
  18. Everytime I flipped over from the USC-ASU game, dude was travelling.
  19. Ugh, Maurice Drew expected to turn pro. :(
  20. I'd go to a Bears playoff game in sub-zero weather and I'm a California boy.
  21. i don't know how arizona won in washington, they've got to be the most underachieving, inconsistent team in the country. lute seems to have lost it, and needs to go. i don't know much about ucla, admittedly. Well, it appears Arizona had a tough nonconference schedule, which Washington and UCLA didn't have. Arizona is improving as the season goes, but will still be a disappointment. Not sure about Lute yet, he still gets the recruits. UCLA's an extremely guard-oriented team with little inside presence, but those guards - especially Afflalo and Farmar - are pretty good. I expect Arizona to win, but UCLA to repay the favor at Pauley. The four Pac 10 teams to make it to the tourney should be Washington, Arizona, UCLA and Cal.
  22. UCLA vs. Arizona in Tucson tonight, UCLA coming off a loss to Cal, Arizona off a big win in Washington.
  23. White was their best player yesterday. Bush really didn't look as good after his failed lateral outside of a play or two. I look at it from another perspective. Say he's projected pre combine (which probably won't help him because he's not a "speed" back) to be in the top 15-20. The guaranteed money for that spot is roughly 10 million dollars. Also bearing in mind that there's 3 possibly 4 RB's who will be taken ahead of him: Bush, Williams, Maroney, and possibly Calhoun. He could come back for his senior season and be THE focal point of that offense and put up incredible numbers possibly boosting himself into the top 5 (AD is coming out next year, so he'd probably be the second back taken), which comes with nearly 30 million in guaranteed money. Its a very fine line. Perhaps its just the contrarian in me that thinks of this scenario. One thing White has going for him is that he has a pretty low amount of carries on his wheels and that could be a VERY attractive attribute for a team. White was probably already ahead of Calhoun on most team's draft boards but he probably is now ahead of Maroney. All along this year, it was said by people near the team that he was more likely to turn pro than Bush. Most of the USC coaches seem to be operating under the assumption that White won't be back and Coleman or Reed will be starting next year.
×
×
  • Create New...