Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I'm assuming sarcasm? Of course. Oh my, Mike Seidman has turned up on an NFL roster? Wow.
  2. I have Cal, UCLA, Washington and Arizona as my Final Four. UCLA over U-Dub in the championship.
  3. Have the Cubs won the simulated WS yet? Over the last two seasons with Wood and Prior going every game they've probably had a good chance to do so. The Cubs are 35-11 in simulated games over the last two years. JoBo and Rusch haven't held up their end of the rotation. Still 24 games over 500 is pretty nice. 35-11 is real nice, quite probably leading the NL Central, may in fact, be the NL's best record. only record...best record. same difference i guess Don't get too cocky, Ben Sheets might catch up sooner or later.
  4. SSR, UCLA as a 4-seed?? Why that low? I figured we'd get a 3-seed. So am I. But that includes Memphis, and that's why I picked Raisin's Bruins to go to the title game. I wish, but I don't think it will happen.
  5. It was an osprey. They weren't endangered at the time (not sure about now), but they were recognized by Florida as a bird of special concern.
  6. Wow: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Navinda/wyoming.jpg
  7. Didn't that happen last night? Ahh, so it did. My local news made it feel like it just happened.
  8. In the Big West tourney in Anaheim, Long Beach State makes a crazy 3 from the left corner as the buzzer to defeat UC Irvine. :( CSULB advances to meet Pacific in the Big West final.
  9. Not a bad day: snow + UCLA wins the Pac-10 tourney. :)
  10. UCLA wins it 71-52!! :D
  11. Now it's snowing here in the Pasadena area. It was sticking in the San Rafael Hills above the Rose Bowl (1"-2").
  12. Hmm, do I like the Cubs enough to get up at 7 am on my one day to sleep in??
  13. UCLA was up 32-16 on Cal with 4 minutes left in the half, and decided they'd go into one of their patented play-like-crap-at-the-end-of-the-half modes. 32-29 at the half.
  14. The system has been getting bumped later and later. Just yesterday, it was going to be the 16th and 17th. You get some thunder this weekend? I saw SD has a severe t-storm warning today. The whole set-up looks like a potentially large event for us but they aren't predicting more than a couple inches - of course, it was just snow showers 6 hours ago. where is truffle when you need him? hopefully it doesn't rain at all in SoCal next weekend. Yeah - and we got hail, sleet and the non-accumulating snow with one thunderstorm last night (we even lost power for some time). We were under a warning at some point last night too. There really isn't much moisture for this system to work with. WBC aside, we could use the rain. any moisture that falls here comes from the gulf of mexico so we really need to energy from the storm - the moisture is long gone by the time it gets here anyway. I would hate to drive in LA in that kind of weather! Well, I hate to drive in LA anyway. Go Bears! Heh, it's worse when it's this cold - Grapevine and Cajon were closed all day yesterday and they even had to close the lower level mountain passes because of ice and snow.
  15. The system has been getting bumped later and later. Just yesterday, it was going to be the 16th and 17th. You get some thunder this weekend? I saw SD has a severe t-storm warning today. The whole set-up looks like a potentially large event for us but they aren't predicting more than a couple inches - of course, it was just snow showers 6 hours ago. where is truffle when you need him? hopefully it doesn't rain at all in SoCal next weekend. Yeah - and we got hail, sleet and the non-accumulating snow with one thunderstorm last night (we even lost power for some time). We were under a warning at some point last night too. There really isn't much moisture for this system to work with. WBC aside, we could use the rain.
  16. The system has been getting bumped later and later. Just yesterday, it was going to be the 16th and 17th.
  17. No snow for you guys? We got some last night here outside LA (it didn't stick :()! Hopefully it will be dry next weekend when I'm in the Valley of the Sun - I know the storms stitchface talks about will definitely keep it wet in LA.
  18. That would be bad on the Cubs part if that's what they based it on. I do hope and expect these opinions are based on their opinion on Hill's ability to improve his change and/or cutter. For what it's worth, I thought Marshall was ahead of Hill last summer before Sean got hurt.
  19. No problemo, it's all volunteer work. :) I apologize for not getting this in last night - I lost power right after that thanks to severe weather and low-elevation ice.
  20. Cal defeats Oregon in double OT, 81-77. Oregon had a chance to win it, but Chamberlain Oguchi missed the go-ahead 3-pointer with 2 seconds left. Leon Powe scored 41 points, setting a new Pac-10 Tourney record (he broke Reggie Miller's record of 39 in 1987), but didn't play the final minute of the game because he suffered a stinger. Tomorrow, it will be between (3) Cal vs. (1) UCLA.
  21. Never hurts to have too many Bruins on your team (no matter their health status).
  22. By the way, I think old age is really getting to Lute Olson.
  23. Sorry, I'm working on mine right now.
  24. UCLA ends up winning it 71-59, but the game wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. UCLA advances to the Pac-10 championship, against the winner of Cal-Oregon.
×
×
  • Create New...