Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. We have two - Ced Bozeman and Regional MVP Ryan Hollins (those are the two guys in my sig). Well, Yahoo is wrong then. It has Bozeman as the only senior. And had LSU with none. Your point still stands. While Bozeman is the team leader and Hollins is a valuable inside presence, the team is dominated by freshmen (Aboya, Collison, Mbah a Moute, Roll, Wright) and sophomores (Afflalo, Farmar, Mata and the redshirting Josh Shipp). And the stars of the team are both sophomores.
  2. We have two - Ced Bozeman and Regional MVP Ryan Hollins (those are the two guys in my sig).
  3. Ryan Hollins cracking the second round!! :cheers: I can't tell you how much I hate that mock. Bulls taking Morrison 2nd wouldn't be terrible, but O'Bryant (should stay another year) going 10th to the rockets and McRoberts being a lottery pick? No Joachim Noah? They have Joakim going 14th. But yeah, just say no to Morrison, Paxson.
  4. Did I miss something? Game day audio is slow I'm listening to the real radio station here in LA, so I'm ahead of you. Z does something sweet - his bat is definitely ready for the season. :)
  5. Zambrano Ks Alfonso, 1 away for Garrett Anderson. Anderson fouls out to Murton. Salmon Ks. 3-0 Cubs after 1.
  6. Ryan Hollins cracking the second round!! :cheers:
  7. About time the Cubs play the Angels when I'm in town AND the local radio isn't playing the other Angels split squad game. As Vance said, it's AM 710 for those of us in Southern California.
  8. This could just be MiLB.com taking a stab at the rosters. I find some of these hard to believe. For example, Brandon Sing at AA and Ryan Harvey returning to low-A? Maybe all the players with numbers are just the players who were on that team's roster last season. A lot of the ones without numbers look right and are in line with recent demotions to the minors (obviously some of the players with numbers are right, like Brownlie at AAA and Marmol at AA).
  9. You've been listening to Skip Bayless? haven't you? He said the same thing about Morrison. Well, Skip is right this time. He won't be a star.
  10. Ricky Nolasco is one of the leaders for one of the 3 remaining spots in the Marlins bullpen; his main comeptition is: Randy Messenger, Carlos Martinez, Chris Resop and Josh Johnson. I don't know how Wellemeyer will fit into the picture. Sergio Mitre will more than likely follow Dontrelle Willis in the Marlins starting rotation (they were once teammates with the Boise Hawsks), although Joe Girardi hasn't set the rotation yet.
  11. i dont want Paul Davis. I am firmly on the Tyrus Thomas bandwgn. and I believe we can give Detroit a ton more of a scare than Philly. I would love to see another playoff berth for this team...the playoff experience that the guys can get this year can be instrumental in the future. He's a freshman. Is he supposed to come out? That game he had against Texas was VERY impressive. Also, Aldridge sucked against LSU. I havent seen him enough this year, but judging by that game, I dont want him on the Bulls. I wouldn't judge LaMarcus by one game.
  12. http://www.cubworld.com/filebin/product/full/smiling_bearlogo.jpg http://www.cubworld.com/filebin/product/full/navy_1914.jpg
  13. He's always done poorly in spring training, turning it on in the last week or so.
  14. I like Z's passion too, but when it gets him ejected from games that doesn't help him or the team. By the way, he was ejected last year for ridiculing the home plate umpire. He has already turned his temper on the umpires. He had already left the game on opening day when he made those comments. And against St. Louis, he was about to leave that game, too. It's not like he's getting tossed a few times a season in the third inning. That makes it OK? Look, I *love* Z too. I just want him to grow up a little bit and direct his emotions better. That's all. No, but it's not really a bad thing. Maybe he is harnessing his anger this way - only really letting it out when he's being taken out since he knows it doesn't matter if he's ejected.
  15. Then you shouldn't complain about UCLA playing in Oakland. :P (I think it's a legitimate beef, but oh well, I'm not going to complain.)
  16. I agree too - though NC didn't play any better, they were just ridiculously talented. Had Illinois not lost their composure and run their offense, they should have won that game. I would have to say that the four teams today were far better than those yesterday. That UCLA win was an awful awful game. Plus, how did a 1 seed end up playing a road game in the elite eight? UCLA never should have been in that region. If that's the case, Gonzaga shouldn't have been in Oakland either. And Mason certainly shouldn't have been in DC. And Wilmington with a home game as a 9 seed. Arkansas in Dallas. San Diego St. potentially in Oakland. The committee did a horrible job this year, the problem is, stupid talking heads like Packer ripped them for the things they actually did right like the MVC and CAA teams. I don't know - it's one thing if UCLA plays in Oakland, but I really don't think it's a big deal when it's an 11-seed like George Mason playing in D.C.
  17. I agree too - though NC didn't play any better, they were just ridiculously talented. Had Illinois not lost their composure and run their offense, they should have won that game. I would have to say that the four teams today were far better than those yesterday. That UCLA win was an awful awful game. Plus, how did a 1 seed end up playing a road game in the elite eight? UCLA never should have been in that region. If that's the case, Gonzaga shouldn't have been in Oakland either.
  18. I know a couple of UConn homers.
×
×
  • Create New...