Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. yeah remember the last CF that was a "5 tool player" and that was "special?" Yeah I figued someone was going to say it in this thread, so it might have well been me :wink: I'd do this trade right away especially if we can lock up Pierre long term. I don't see the point of using previous failures as a reason to say a current prospect will not succeed. i think there's plenty of reason to use previous failure. the cubs show little aptitude in developing position players to play in the major leagues. While that is true, each player is still different from the previous and might have a better ability to make up for deficiencies that other players could not.
  2. I'm a Cubs fan. I'll bring up that trade whenever I please. At least give me that.
  3. I didn't know that he was going back to West Tenn, but I did hear from Ron that Dopirak would be the everyday first baseman. And Sing should be the everyday first baseman in Iowa. I hope he isn't the everyday 1b. I know his defence would be rather weak, but his bat might carry him to the big leagues as a RF and he could work on his defence as he progresses there. At only 25 he's still got plenty of time to develop. Ooof, good point. He'll probably play his share of RF too.
  4. I didn't know that he was going back to West Tenn, but I did hear from Ron that Dopirak would be the everyday first baseman. And Sing should be the everyday first baseman in Iowa.
  5. Anybody know what Sisco's signing bonus was? Oops, didn't see this one. Andy received $1 million when he was drafted one round after Mark Prior in 2001.
  6. Thanks, CR. I didn't know Petrick was still recovering. Do you know when he is likely to be ready? Also, if Billek and Holliman will start in Daytona, who of Mateo, Mathes, Johnson and Weber will stay in Peoria? It is possible that Gallagher could start the season in AA, in which case Daytona's rotation would look like Johnson Holliman Billek Mateo Mathes/Weber with Peoria getting Pawelek Veal Downs Mathes/Weber Yepez? Estrada? Last summer, I heard the Cubs were hoping Petrick would be back by midseason this year. I don't know how he's doing in regards to that, though. Gallagher or Mathes are the most likely to get promoted to West Tenn, especially with an opening seemingly created with Sean Marshall making the big league squad.
  7. I don't think they're really underrating the system. The system has suffered some major setbacks from the heydays of a few years ago - lack of international signings, injuries and the promotions of players from the Prior/Zambrano days. This has thinned the system.
  8. I agree. And Dayton Moore would be wonderful, whether or not the Cubs get sold.
  9. He already was added to the 40 man to avoid the Rule V Draft, as I recall. Your recollection is correct.
  10. The two games I'll be at! :D
  11. yeah remember the last CF that was a "5 tool player" and that was "special?" Yeah I figued someone was going to say it in this thread, so it might have well been me :wink: I'd do this trade right away especially if we can lock up Pierre long term. I don't see the point of using previous failures as a reason to say a current prospect will not succeed.
  12. Why? That's what their name was originally. When was that? I thought they were always the California Angels before they changed to Anaheim from the franchise conception. Were they the LA Angels before that? Yep. LA > California > Anaheim > LA I'll be. That must have been before I was old enough to follow baseball. It was in the '60s, when the franchise first came into existance.
  13. Wow, no reason to expect the Cubs to finish better than the Pirates and Reds? I'm at a loss for words.
  14. Thanks! Welcome to the board.
  15. at least this is the last one till next spring.... we get at least 164 games in a row televised and on radio :D It's ok, I had my fun yesterday. Actually got to listen to the game while in the car!
  16. CubsWin, I doubt Billy Petrick will be ready to start the season. I also think Billek and Holliman will start the year at Daytona. Otherwise, nice stab.
  17. The radio information is that there is no radio broadcast. That explains why I couldn't find it!! :(
  18. Orlando Hernandez (2-1, 5.06 ERA, 16 IP) vs. Jerome Williams (1-3, 8.00 ERA, 18 IP) It's the last game of the spring in Arizona for the Cubs. Jerome Williams appears to be battling for the final spot in the Cubs' starting rotation. Can't find the radio information.
  19. MVP?!? That's for Neifi. He was robbed last year.
  20. He should really have his own blog if he promises to limit the time on his computer. That's from the latest Cubs.com article. Apparently Angel stays at his house at times. that would be awesome. "Today I pitch pretty good against the Cardinals, one of them got a hit. Ok gotta go make something to eat." Z would have said something along the lines of, "Next time I will kill him for getting a hit."
  21. You don't know how bad those 2 sentences looks for the anti-TLR argument.
  22. By the way, I'm shocked that 6 of you have voted for UCLA.
×
×
  • Create New...