Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Over Gooz?? Yeah, Aardsma would be a reliever. I want Gooz starting, not relieving.
  2. The I-Cubs have something cooking with 2 outs. Fontenot reached on a 2-out walk, Restovich reaches on an error. Deardorff singles up the middle, Fontenot scores and Restovich advanced to third on a throwing error. After a pitching change, McGehee gets out somehow (again, the sandbagging because of the rain - sorry). I-Cubs up 2-1 in the middle of the 5th.
  3. I still would like to see Aardsma promoted (if he gets regular pitching time).
  4. Pie leads off the 5th: Takes ball 1 down low. Lines to first base, ball deflects off the glove of Huffman who scoops it up and tags first base, 3-unassisted. Felix is 0 for 3.
  5. I'm a big fan. I love guys with huge groundball tendencies.
  6. Guzman's 4th inning: Gordon (PH for Rodriguez) lines a single to RF. Scott flies out to deep RF on a full count (wind-aided in staying in the park). 1 out. Huffman gets out somehow, 2 out. My bad, I'm sandbagging my garage at the same time as giving PBP. Conrad up to bat. Gordon caught stealing, great throw by Soto, great tag by Theriot. Guzman: 4 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 5/0
  7. Two batters after the Deardorff HR, Buck Coats doubles, Soto is intentionally walked and Angel Guzman lines out and is robbed of an RBI. It's 1-1 in the middle of the 4th. WT is up 3-1 in the top of the 8th. Baez goes 5 and gives up 1 earned, Piggy has followed with 2 shutout innings. EPatt is 3 for 3. Palm Beach is up 3-2 on Daytona in the 6th. Holliman went 4 and gave up 2 (with 5 walks). Weber has followed and is struggling. Peoria is up 3-1 in the 6th. Yepez went 5 and gave up 1 earned. Layden is now relieving Yepez. Norwood (3 for 3, 2 RBI) and Garcia (2 for 2) are having a good game.
  8. Jeff Deardorff with a solo HR to left center to tie it up at 1.
  9. Thanks, any Ks for Guzman? Yup. Doh! I must need classes didnt see the 1 K thanks again for the updates Just blame it on Jon. It always works. :D
  10. Well, he's Indian. Our arms are built tough. Or something.
  11. I'm attending Saturday's game at Round Rock. Who will be pitching for the Iowa Cubs on Saturday? I'm not Raisin, but Rich Hill follows Guzman in the Iowa rotation. For the first time ever, Jon is right. :D
  12. Yikes. That doesn't sound pleasant. Thanks for the update!
  13. Thanks, any Ks for Guzman? Yup.
  14. Just like they wouldn't start Johan for the longest time.
  15. Iowa: RHP Angel Guzman (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 5 IP) vs. RHP Ezequiel Astacio (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 6 IP) West Tenn: RHP Federico Baez (1-0, 3.00 ERA, 3 IP) Daytona: RHP Mark Holliman (0-0, 1.80 ERA, 5 IP) vs. RHP Nicholas Webber (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 5 IP) Peoria: LHP Jesus Yepez (0-0, 1.50 ERA, 6 IP) vs. LHP Adam Daniels (1-0, 4.50 ERA, 6 IP)
  16. [-( Can't keep your teams straight?? :oops: He is a Bruin, though. :)
  17. 5'7", 160 lbs. I'm speedy, good on defense, an average hitter with a good eye. I played CF in HS. Sorry but I'm going to have to bump you, Is_Pedro_There.
  18. They've been doing it for a few years now.
  19. Ouch Plus the 2 HBP, this is not good for Hagerty, if there was speculation of Veal being at Daytona to start the year, it is far fetched, but someone might go up to Daytona (not necessarily Veal) to make room for a certain young lefty from Utah @ Peoria. Shaver has been perfect for 2.2 since Hagerty left, 4 K's, 4 groundouts. He was pretty much perfect pitching long in Hagerty's other start, too. Could just pop him in Hagerty's spot. Or Blasko. Or I suppose they could give Weber a shot, although he seems perhaps over his head in A+. Veal seems way wild for A-, can't see it making much sense to bump him up. Billek doesn't seem very good, struggling again tonight as a flyball pitcher with no K-stuff. Atkins and Blackford seem too young and raw to fit for a jump to A+. I don't really see anybody who's advanced enough and having success at Peoria to merit a promotion. I suppose Yepez might be the closest thing. Harvey with two more K's in his first two AB. He's got 10 K's thus far in 19AB. I know for years the hope has been that with some coaching or shortening his swing or something or other he might be salvagable. But given his arm, I wonder if it might not be a favor to him to consider moving him to the mound sooner rather than later. There had been talk that pre-draft he was viewed as having very high-round potential as a pitcher. I know it's not going to happen, and they'll let him whiff away his career for at least this year and next regardless, he's that strong when he occassionally does hit it. But it's pretty tough to see him ever hitting. Hopefully Shaver will keep the spot warm for Blasko and Blasko will return to his 2003 form.
  20. Yay Murton! On that note, time for work. Cubs better have won when I get back.
  21. Argh, Pie is robbed of an XBH when he lines out to the first baseman with 2 men in scoring position.
×
×
  • Create New...