Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. IMO this outing was very encouraging. After the first he was lights out mostly, and he was sitting at 90-92 consistently. Maybe I'm tired of having such low expectations. You would think we wouldn't have to say that a 3-run performance in 5 innings was lights out for Prior. I really had hoped that the Cubs would finally have a dominant pitching staff with Prior, Wood and Z, but that sure doesn't look like it's going to happen. At least Wood had shoulder surgury. Prior's injury is still a mystery to me. He's rehabbing though. If he was dominating, there's no need for Prior to be visiting the minor league sites. His biggest concern going into this start has been addressed - pitch velocity. He's still coming back.
  2. Ryu gives up a run on a a double and an RBI triple in the top of the 6th and the game is tied at 1. 6 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 8/0, 93 pitches (61 strikes)
  3. Pasadena had the championship. I went (I was a wee little lad of 11 at the time). :)
  4. Midway through the 4th, Iowa still leads 1-0. Ryu has been fantastic so far: 4 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 7/0, 57 pitches (39 strikes) Ryu has been mixing up his pitches, location and speeds very effectively. He's been topping out at around 91-92 mph.
  5. Ok, ok, so a high K rate isn't always a sign of high quality. Cubs starters by VORP: Z 23.6 Marshall 10.9 Maddux 8.0 Wood -0.1 Williams -3.9 Guzman -4.2 Rusch -6.4 Hill -9.3 Wretched -- there's just no kind way to say it. Guess I'd bring back Jerome -- anyone know how he's doing? I'd bring back Hill and see if a string of consecutive starts will help him out. Otherwise, wait out a month or so and I think Guzman will be ready.
  6. The Famous Chicken is now coaching at first base for the I-Cubs. :scratch: Through 3 for Ryu: 3 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 5/0, 42 pitches (30 strikes)
  7. Here's what I have: 3 IP, 3 ER, 4 H, 2/0, 45 pitches (30 strikes) Good recovery after the first.
  8. by droped I meant a shallow hit, not a line drive more of a bloop hit Oh, gotcha.
  9. We have a Prior game thread here (Premium). Midway through the 2nd, the I-Cubs lead it 1-0, thanks to a 2-out Restovich triple and then a Hoffpauir RBI single in the first. Ryu: 2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 4/0, 29 pitches (20 strikes)
  10. Not ruled an error? (Switched over to the Ryu/I-Cubs game.)
  11. Did Ron give any other pitch speeds (just started listening myself...thanks, Brian)?
  12. Can someone give me an update since I don't have control of the sole TV in the house that gets WGN? (And I'd rather listen to our minor leaguers play.)
  13. 2-5-22-56-8 Anything else? Actually, it's 4-8-15-16-23-42. :P
  14. http://www.brewcrewball.com/special/milb+teams Thanks, Hobbes!
  15. After the Bears and Cubs screwed up their drafts, I hope the Bulls don't do something stupid. I fear for the day they draft Morrison.
  16. Bullington is recovering from right labrum surgery and won't be ready for another month or more. Bush fractured his ankle in ST and is starting to work his way back so he can continue to be a collosal bust.
  17. Mark Prior's third rehab start will be today at 7:05 CDT, with the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx. He will be facing the White Sox' first round pick last year, RHP Lance Broadway (4-3, 2.52 ERA). You can listen to our own Ron Potesta broadcast the game here (click the listen live to NewsTalk 101.5 FM Online link).
  18. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Jae-Kuk Ryu (2-3, 3.61 ERA, 57.1 IP, 44/22, 1.19 WHIP) vs. LHP Philip Barzilla (2-3, 4.13 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Mark Prior (rehab; Peoria: 0-2, 3.86 ERA, 7 IP) vs. RHP Lance Broadway (4-3, 2.52 ERA) Daytona: LHP Carlos Perez (0-2, 6.67 ERA, 29.2 IP, 23/22, 2.22 WHIP) Peoria: LHP Jesus Yepez (1-2, 3.75 ERA, 48 IP, 27/29, 1.52 WHIP) @ RHP Michael Penn
  19. Start rooting for Clemson to lose so he can sign already.
  20. On what evidence do you base this statement? Isn't a little early to tell what the odds are? The odds of any given player being great, with the possible exception of the #1 or #2 overall pick, are extremely small. A significant percentage of first round draft picks don't even reach the majors. Exactly. The odds have always been slim that any player - no matter where he's selected in the draft - will be great. Given draft history, the odds are small that Tyler Colvin will be a star. Given draft history, the odds are small that Luke Hochevar will be a star, even though he went first overall.
  21. Yay UCLA! Soon to be busting big league baseball players!
×
×
  • Create New...