Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I told you SLO had a good team this year. I was accepted to Cal Poly SLO out of HS without applying. I should have gone and walked-on to the baseball team. I could have been drafted by the Cubs! I don't know do you have a concept of the term "OBP?" If you do, then no you wouldn't have been drafted by the Cubs. I did have a good eye in HS. But I played CF! And I run really fast! You never know...
  2. I told you SLO had a good team this year. I was accepted to Cal Poly SLO out of HS without applying. I should have gone and walked-on to the baseball team. I could have been drafted by the Cubs!
  3. At this point, he's going back to Gainesville. If Walden is still available, might as well take a flyer on him rather than a bunch of at-best utility guys.
  4. Fifth Bruin drafted: 1B/3B Brett McMillan goes in the 14th round (421 overall).
  5. Really makes you wonder if Pie might be going to another team this July... I really doubt low-level CFs with 1 or fewer tools, taken after round 5, with all affect Felix.
  6. They're the new middle infielder, or catcher, or left handed pitcher. Don't forget really, really tall pitchers.
  7. At this point, anyone who's fallen due to signability issues will likely go (or return) to college - especially because the MLB has become a stickler for getting bonuses in line with the draft slots for said player.
  8. Probably with his advisor and coach at ND. If they didn't do their homework, they should all be fired. EDIT: I really think they did their research here.
  9. :lol: Awesome name. I'm a Bradley student, what do you expect? Happy birthday!!
  10. Bruins, schmruins. Hawkeyes sign before the draft! I can't wait till Ambriz and Roenicke sign so I can say I have friends in the minor leagues! Who were actually drafted.
  11. RHP Blair Erickson, UC Irvine, falls to St. Louis at 316 - good selection.
  12. Reliever Josh Roenicke goes to the Reds in the 9th round. He's the fourth Bruin to go today, joining Huff (1A round), Ambriz (3rd round) and Page (7th round; who was also taken in the 7th round of the NFL Draft).
  13. Better than an all-defense, no-hitting, senior college player, imo.
  14. That's pretty much what I have heard from everyone but this source (NW Indiana Newspaper). Source could be suspect but I'd figure I'd throw it out there. BA: Hopefully we can throw the upper-80s thing out the door.
  15. Told you SLO had a pretty good team this season.
  16. Guess I was wrong. Strange that the Cubs media guy said he threw in the upper-80s after the Colvin interview.
  17. http://pittsburghpanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/muldowney_billy00.html
  18. I don't think Miller will be too successful in the big leagues (albeit, the Tigers are more likely to help him become successful than the Royals).
  19. This is the actual draft discussion thread (Premium). This was a pre-draft discussion thread.
  20. Sounds like he's been in the upper 80s this season but has been in the low 90s (topping out at 94) in past seasons. That's just a guess...
  21. What exactly are Johnson and Phelps' injuries?
  22. Not yet. I'm getting Justin Bristow flashbacks. He probably has a strong commitment to college. Me too. :( Man, I wanted the Cubs to select Bristow pretty badly last season (and EPatt the season before). 1 for 2...hopefully 2 for 3 real soon.
×
×
  • Create New...