Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. at least the 2nd player from that school picked today (cards got a pitcher from there) SLO had some talent this year.
  2. I might have gotten the exact wording of the questions and answers a bit wrong, but I tried the best I could with my notes. Only Carrie, Kiley and Bruce Miles asked any questions: Q: You converted to outfield kind of late, is that correct? Were you a pitcher in high school? Colvin: "I was a pitcher and first baseman in high school. When I came to Clemson, I converted to the outfield because we already had a good first baseman." Q: Wilken said you were a doubles/gap hitter, does that sound right? Colvin: "I look to get on base, steal bases. Yeah, I'm a gap hitter, not really a power hitter." Q: You had a much better season at Clemson this year... Colvin: "Yeah, a lot of us did. We had a great team this year. I had a better approach this year at the plate and was able to get on base more." Q: Were you surprised to get picked at 13? Colvin: *laughs* "Surprised? Definitely. It's been a little bit overwhelming." Q: Do you have an agent? Colvin: "I have an advisor, no agent." Q: Are you going to sign soon or what's the plan? Colvin: "I'm worried about the Super Regional right now. I want to get to Omaha. I'll deal with that afterwards." Q: Do you see yourself staying in school? Colvin: "I can't see that happening." *everyone laughs* Q: What have you heard about the Cubs? Colvin: "They're a good ballclub. I want to help out any way I can. Q: Wilken said he thought you could play centerfield, but you played leftfield at Clemson. Your thoughts? Colvin: "I would love to play centerfield. I'm comfortable in leftfield in Clemson. But whenever I was out practicing in center, I just got an itch to play. I think I can handle it." Q: "We hear you're a bowler" Colvin: *laughs* "Back in the day....At age 12. I used to have a 200 average. My uncle is a pro bowler." ... Comments by the media guy on the Cubs' 5th round selection: Pitcher Jeff Samardzija, a 2-sport star at Notre Dame: a 6'6" righty with a high 80s fastball, a strong splitter and a slider.
  3. I just listened in on the con-call with Tyler Colvin. I'll write it up and have it posted in about 5 minutes.
  4. Yay, Hector Ambriz selected at 147! Both baseball guys in my sig are gone! :)
  5. Where is LaPorta projected? He was rated #38 overall by BA so I'm rather surprised he's fallen this far. cuubs4life, there are 10 minute breaks between rounds so we've got about 3-4 minutes left until round 5 starts. St. Louis is now 7 for 7 with college players. The newest Moneyball subscribers? They've historically preferred college players.
  6. All the picks that the Cubs gave up or that were created for the signings of Eyre, Howry and Jones: 33. Giants (for Type A Scott Eyre) - SS Emmanuel Burris, Kent State 39. Indians (for Type A Bob Howry) - LHP David Huff, UCLA 57. Indians (for Type A Howry) - 2B Josh Rodriguez, Rice 89. Giants (for Type A Eyre) - LHP Clayton Tanner, De La Salle HS (CA) 119. Twins (for Type B Jacque Jones) - 1B Whitney Robbins, Georgia Tech
  7. there's more than a couple from '88 in there. I'm in a weird "feeling old" age. I'm not yet old enough to be president, but I'm older than most pro atheletes Mine hit when i bought my Onyewu World Cup jersey and then realized he is younger than I am. Also when one of the undergrads in my lab called me Uncle Seth Same for me - guys like Ben Gordon and Luol Deng are younger than me. And Cedric Benson is 4 days older than me. Of course, I"m still just 23. So you were born on Christmas Eve. No. I was born on New Years. I thought Benson was born on 12/28.
  8. there's more than a couple from '88 in there. I'm in a weird "feeling old" age. I'm not yet old enough to be president, but I'm older than most pro atheletes Mine hit when i bought my Onyewu World Cup jersey and then realized he is younger than I am. Also when one of the undergrads in my lab called me Uncle Seth Same for me - guys like Ben Gordon and Luol Deng are younger than me. And Cedric Benson is 4 days older than me. Of course, I"m still just 23. *feversihly goes to find out CR's birthday* Remember, I'm a hot softball player now, not a raisin. Stop stalking me!
  9. there's more than a couple from '88 in there. I'm in a weird "feeling old" age. I'm not yet old enough to be president, but I'm older than most pro atheletes Mine hit when i bought my Onyewu World Cup jersey and then realized he is younger than I am. Also when one of the undergrads in my lab called me Uncle Seth Same for me - guys like Ben Gordon and Luol Deng are younger than me. And Cedric Benson is 4 days older than me. Of course, I"m still just 23.
  10. People that change their avatar too much don't qualify. :P Yeah I still think of California as looking like Corey Patterson. Same height...played CF in high school... I think you're really that chick in the middle of your sig Andrea Duran? A hot softball player? That's one way to have sethuel stop stalking me.
  11. So far: 33. Giants (for Type A Scott Eyre) - SS Emmanuel Burris, Kent State 39. Indians (for Type A Bob Howry) - LHP David Huff, UCLA 57. Indians (for Type A Howry) - 2B Josh Rodriguez, Rice 89. Giants (for Type A Eyre) - LHP Clayton Tanner, De La Salle HS (CA) 119. Twins (for Type B Jones)
  12. People that change their avatar too much don't qualify. :P Yeah I still think of California as looking like Corey Patterson. Same height...played CF in high school...
  13. Second player they've taken from Miami, and they are four for four picking college players Can you list all 4 of their picks for me, please?
  14. Nate just told me he's never heard of you. Has anyone else formed a mental picture that Is_Pedro_There looks like Earl? yes Absolutely. Also NCCF is a red alien. I'm convinced. does that make me a can of shoe polish? Rumors that I'm shaped like a can of beer are cruel and totally off base. A keg? Maybe, but a can of beer definitly not! Does this mean you guys think I'm Cedric Bozeman based on my avatar? no, because there's pictures of you floating around. So now you're stalking me?
  15. Nate just told me he's never heard of you. Has anyone else formed a mental picture that Is_Pedro_There looks like Earl? yes Absolutely. Also NCCF is a red alien. I'm convinced. does that make me a can of shoe polish? Rumors that I'm shaped like a can of beer are cruel and totally off base. A keg? Maybe, but a can of beer definitly not! Does this mean you guys think I'm Cedric Bozeman based on my avatar?
  16. Colvin will fit right in. I trust Wilken. We shall see...
  17. Techincally, Pawelek had two starts last season in Boise and Grant was a second rounder.
  18. Talk about a project/reach. All that keeps me going is that I trust in Wilken.
  19. That makes a bit of sense. Gonna need a lot of money to woo Jeff. Is this kid from ND worth the Money? He's definitely first round talent, probably top 20-worthy. Of course, he's probably top-20 worthy in the NFL draft too.
  20. That makes a bit of sense. Gonna need a lot of money to woo Jeff.
×
×
  • Create New...