Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. 33 innings over 2 seasons, you can't really take much from that. And i'm not going to pretend to know everything on him, but what I read through the twitter leaves is that he is listening to a ton of people and changing his style, but he is attributing his struggles to that and would like to switch back. Also he's 22 years old. 22 years old and people are apparently expecting him to be all-star caliber already. There will be growing pains, and his upside is tremendous. He's worth targeting, IMO. It's the fact that he relies on people chasing to get outs. He'd rather walk a guy then throw a strike and let his defense do the work. He's also been on record about how he likes to pitch up in the zone. When you're facing ML players with legit bat speed, that's going to result in a ton of home runs. These are the kind of strategies that might work in the low minors, but they aren't going to work against the best of the best.
  2. Cecchini+Owens+Workman for Garza+Vogelbach makes a lot of sense to me. Granted I'd rather have Ranaudo, but that seems unlikely.
  3. I don't even particularly want Bauer anymore even if it was Bauer plus for Garza. The guy has been an unmitigated disaster in his brief time in the bigs and his complete unwillingness to change his style makes him not all that interesting. If he's willing to throw strikes and take a chance at giving up hits rather than walking the park then maybe we talk. The same thing goes with his refusal to stop intentionally pitching up in the zone.
  4. Are you looking for something along the lines of the only name I recognize is Yeiper Castillo because he's in the Cubs system now? Xander Bogaerts is one of the top 10 prospects in all of baseball. Jose Iglesias just won AL Rookie of the Month for June. Junichi Tazawa has been a very good reliever the past season and a half. Michael Almanzar is a pretty good prospect too. They obviously have their share of big money busts. I always thought Hanley Ramirez and Anibal Sanchez were signed by Theo's regime but I guess they predated him. Bogaerts alone is worth several years of nothing. Add in Iglesias and Tazawa and I think it's pretty clear they've done well in an extremely hit or miss scenario.
  5. Still no walks since May 12 and we're nearing the two month mark. He's got to be closing in on an MLB record at this point.
  6. Definitely. He looked patient without being passive.
  7. and Garza almost takes one in the face because of Dale.
  8. 58 extra base hits for Chris Davis already. That puts him on pace for 111 extra base hits. He's also managed to raise his SLG to .731 to go with a 1.137OPS. It's just getting stupid at this point.
  9. The previous 4 posts make me irrationally happy.
  10. I may be in the minority, but I really like Arrieta. Loved the peripherals last year and I'd prefer him over Britton and Matusz.
  11. There goes #31. All I can think to say is "WTF?".
  12. Rookie will now get his first career hit to end the game.
  13. Of course he is promptly walked in typical bullpen fashion.
  14. Hey look, another extra base given up by Bogusevic. That's 4 in 2 games now.
  15. Chris Davis now has 30HR and 79 RBIs along with a 1.133OPS and .724SLG putting him on pace for 59HR and 156RBI. If he managed to finish the season with .724SLG that would mean he finishes the season with the 11th highest SLG since 1950. 4 of those are Barry Bonds including an .863SLG in 2001.
  16. Seriously shut the hell up about Puig in the ASG. The guy has played 25 games. If the ASG is supposed to have any meaning then stop making it a sideshow.
  17. Nicely done Bogusevic. 2 terrible plays in two days. Back to the minors with you.
  18. I'd be quite happy with Skaggs straight up, but I doubt Arizona makes that deal.
  19. Skaggs and Bradley alone wouldn't do it for me. It would get my attention, but it's just not quite enough. Yeah. And this makes it sound like asking for either stopped the talks. That's pretty ridiculous, and surprising, considering how little it took for them to send Bauer away. But really, does Buster Olney know anything about anything? I really believe that it had to mean both Bradley and Skaggs. It would be completely inexplicable for Towers to think he could land Samardzija without including either.
  20. Skaggs and Bradley alone wouldn't do it for me. It would get my attention, but it's just not quite enough.
  21. Albeit in a very brief view, I wasn't particularly impressed with Gonzalez. Maybe he didn't have his best stuff, but if someone is willing to throw 60M at him I hope it's not the Cubs.
  22. The kids there don't really do a whole lot to add to the farm for a couple years, to be honest. Yeah, they certainly aren't going to affect the farm rankings and they definitely wont be in a top 100 list, but they do provide more high upside talent. That's all I'm looking for.
  23. I know it's tremendously unlikely, but adding Eloy Jimenez, Gleybar Torres and Gonzalez would take this farm from good to ridiculous real quick.
  24. Closer to possibly competing by 2016? Let's reel in those expectations a bit. Okay. I have a hard time seeing the organization build up enough assets to compete in 2014. 2015 seems possible, but trying to push for a playoff spot in 2016 seems a bit more realistic to me right now. There is no excuse for it to take 4 years just to compete for a playoff spot. If that's the case then Theo and Jed have failed.
×
×
  • Create New...