Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Way to risk an unnecessary turnover. It's amazing how fast the D and ST have gone to [expletive].
  2. over/under 200 yards for Shady McCoy next week?
  3. If the Bears care about this season, then Cutler has to see the bench.
  4. one of Zimmer/Ventura needs to be in that deal to make it worthwhile. Ideally Almonte is there too.
  5. He's probably just waiting for Seattle to up the ante after hearing about how he got a 5/75 offer.
  6. If the Mariner's front office is as desperate as they appear, Theo needs to find a way to get Taijuan Walker on this team.
  7. Assuming both Rodon and Hoffman are gone, I'd want it to be Gatewood/Kolek/Jackson in that order. Beede could drastically change that if he improves his command.
  8. 10 years is much more the issue than 23-24mil per. Very much this. Also, giving anyone a contract that only your optimistic projections having him be worth is a really bad idea. There's almost zero chance of getting any surplus value from that deal. The goal is not to get surplus value. Then you're not giving yourself any upside. Best case scenario you get what you paid for. There's no reason to give out a contract without any potential upside in value unless that's the one move that helps you win a world series. In Seattle's case, that is most definitely not the scenario.
  9. It's from Baseball Prospectus. http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=22345#.UqCJVrRHDzs.twitter Yeah, my bad on that mistake.
  10. 10 years is much more the issue than 23-24mil per. Very much this. Also, giving anyone a contract that only your optimistic projections having him be worth is a really bad idea. There's almost zero chance of getting any surplus value from that deal.
  11. Bruce Levine ‏@MLBBruceLevine 12m That puts him at roughly 13M a year over those 3 FA years. I think I'd go up to 5/61 which puts him at 15M a year over those 3 years. Anything over that and it's time to move him.
  12. Yikes. Even if they make this move they're at least one more bat away from being a contender. Are they going to have any money to do it?
  13. No Rosscup? I don't think Rosscup is any good. I just do not trust his control. Raley, on the other hand, I think can be a darn good LOOGY. I don't know about Rusin as a reliever; might be better off keeping him as a 7th-8th starter in Iowa and I'm not sure his stuff is suited to strike out lefties well. I'm intrigued, what makes you say Rosscup isn't any good? 14.65K/9 6.35H/9 give the impression otherwise unless you think he's getting by completely on a gimmicky deception type style like Jon Gaub used to. The walks are definitely high, but even so with his otherworldly K/9 it's not a death sentence.
  14. Likely some type of protocol written into every NPB player's contract.
  15. Is there anything short of setting fire to Javy Baez in the batters box that could ever get Epstein dinged with a bit of failure with some people? Not when we find out every few months that there was yet another hindrance that we never would have anticipated back when he was hired. We didn't have any clue about 90% of the problems were facing now back when he was hired.
  16. No Rosscup?
  17. I didn't even know that was a thing. I thought the Yankees were at the point where multi-years of eclipsing the mark increased the additional penalty above the tax and they just wanted to restart that time frame. I remember hearing about it last year, but I'm currently searching for any reference to it now and coming up with nothing.
  18. Even without Lamb I love that package. Of course I'm still trying to figure out a way to get Herrera involved in a deal.
  19. Correct me if I"m wrong, but I thought the Yankees were at the point in luxury tax where either draft picks or draft budget was going to start being affected?
  20. Not a rumor, but one of the guys over at Orioleshangout works for Baseball America and he put together a mock trade that went like this Washington gets Chris Davis and Brian Matusz Cubs get AJ Cole and Eduardo Rodriguez Orioles get Samardzija+Rendon+Vogelbach+Souza Giving up Samardzija and Vogelbach for that would be one horrific trade. A couple mid rotation arms, yay.
  21. He was talking about Bubba Starling not Starlin.
  22. ABTY7- Kendrick+Starling+Ventura for Samardzija and Russell, make it happen Theo.
  23. That's a move I could get excited about. If he's healthy he's a pretty decent bet to be a 3 WAR CFer.
  24. So envious of all the moves the As are making. I'm going to end up going full meatball if nothing of note is done over this offseason.
×
×
  • Create New...