Be warned, this list is pretty damn awful. http://www.minorleagueball.com/2014/5/1/5640414/top-150-prospects-for-2014-baseball-john-sickels Baez 10 Bryant 12 Almora 32 Edwards 42 Soler 62 Alcantara 87 Pierce 114 Things that really stand out to me. Robert Stephenson is apparently the second best pitching prospect in baseball? There is no way there are 8 pitching prospects better than Taijuan Walker who comes in at 23. Sano at 21 and Bundy at 31, both too low. Trevor bauer at 26 is way way too high. The single most egregious ranking is having Jameson Taillon at 99.
What are the Red Sox going to do with Mookie Betts? The guy is absolutely destroying AA ball to the tune of a .407/.459/.651 1.110 OPS. He has only struck out 8 times in 96 plate appearances while walking 10 times. He has also stolen 10 bases while being caught once. He's blocked at 2B behind Pedroia and Bogaerts is blocking him at 3B.
Archie Bradley hits the DL with a strained flexor in his elbow. Are there any elite pitchers left unscathed at this point? Bradley, Walker, Bundy, Taillon, Zimmer, Edwards, Urias, Appel etc etc
Is he worth pursuing, really? Just because he wants to play doesn't make him a player. I'm asking because I haven't the slightest idea how his numbers translate to MLB numbers. He'll be 28 next year. We really don't have any kind of history with Korean hitters being successful outside of Choo. With that said, when numbers start floating around we'll see if he's really a guy worth having.
I understood passing on Abreu because we already had Rizzo; I will not be as understanding if we pass on him or prospects that may or may not play 3B and may or may not be successful once they get to the bigs.
5 pages of nothing but bitching and moaning. i get enough of this dealing with the major league team. The minor league forum is supposed to be where I go to get away form this pessimistic nonsense.
Rizzo is at 15BB to 15K at this point. I thought he'd be near the major league lead, but somehow Jose Bautista already has 24 walks. That's good for a 27.2% walk rate.