Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. My Underwood excitement is rising.
  2. I would absolutely love a Zimmer+Herrera deal. Though it's probably not realistic to expect a reliever from their active roster.
  3. Not that it would ever be done in division, but the Pirates match up extremely well with the Cubs. Snag both Glasnow and Kingham plus another guy like Jin De Jhang and I would be pretty happy.
  4. Wow the asking price really dropped out. Last I heard they were asking the Orioles for Rodriguez. I thought they might have landed a better prospect.
  5. Why was Bonifacio positioned on the wrong side of the bag?
  6. Oh that's right, Cingrani tomorrow. I'll put the over/under at 8Ks.
  7. They're really going to have to Cob this one up in order to avoid scoring a run here. Incoming bunt.
  8. Further proof that the "celebrity" stretch needs to be put out to pasture.
  9. I almost hate to jinx it, but what's the MLB record for most consecutive innings held scoreless? If the Cubs manage to get shut out again today you'd have to think they were getting in the neighborhood.
  10. Samardzija gets hit an ER that isn't his fault.
  11. It's truly amazing that the Padres and Astros have played two more games than the Cubs and still some how scored 2 fewer runs. It's hard to believe there is a level of bad lower than this.
  12. Cubs have now scored 1 run during the 25 innings Samardzija has pitched this season.
  13. 21 innings without a run and shut out 4 times already. You could make quite a bit of money playing those daily leagues and streaming whichever pitcher is facing this team.
  14. Isn't it weird then that he was draft rated based on upper 80s and low 90s velocity like it said in our draft thread? Seems weird to rate him based on that low velocity when that seems to be anomaly rather than the norm.
  15. Just reading the tea leaves, but it seems to me that the Cubs might have Kolek and Hoffman as their top 2 right now. Surprised there hasn't been more news about them and Aiken.
  16. I really really doubt it. When I saw him pitch in Japan he was more of a limited velocity guy with fantastic control and huge repertoire of pitches. Back of the rotation is about as good as it's going to get with him in my opinion.
  17. I love what Almora is doing in his first go around with Daytona, but even with an amazing 1K in 36 ABs the fact that he hasn't walked scares me. Granted he doesn't seem to be all that challenged so far.
  18. Beede for me is starting to go the way of Trea Turner in that I'm very close to not being the least bit interested in them with the 4th pick. Guys like Touki and Nola are quickly catching up.
  19. In my eyes Kolek/Aiken/Rodon stand well above the other options at this point. I was really hoping a position player would start building some helium for a top 4 pick, but if anything it's been the opposite so far. Regardless, as of now if Beede,Jackson or Hoffman was the best available at 4 I'd be kind of disappointed.
  20. Unrelated to the game today, but talking to a couple Dodgers fans who are completely in favor of giving up Julio Urias to get Samardzija. Let's hope Colletti feels the same way.
  21. I'm looking forward to Arrieta coming back. Not that I think he's currently any better than Villanueva, but at least there's some potential above mediocrity.
  22. Matt Moore goes down with an elbow injury. I'm now more terrified than ever at the prospect of selecting a pitcher with the 4th pick.
  23. Do the Cubs score their first run or does Bonifacio do the impossible and get 7 hits in 2 games with no RBI or Runs?
×
×
  • Create New...