Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Could he be the PTBL? I really doubt it. If the deal was agreed upon in the offseason. The Marlins surely wouldn't want the Cubs playing Schwarber all summer until he was eligible to be traded and I've never heard of a player having to sit out half of the summer due to a trade other than the Ubaldo deal for Pomeranz.
  2. Bryant is potentially too good to trade. I don't see any scenario the Cubs trade him. Baez seems most likely based on him not being handpicked by this front office. Russell doesn't have as much time invested in him by this FO. Soler may be the most attractive to Miami for nationality reasons. Definitely have to include one of those 3. I'd imagine having a big time star at SS would be most ideal. It's really just preference for me. I personally like Russell and Soler slightly more than Bryant. It's not that I dislike Bryant, but now and then I question how well things are going to translate once he gets promoted and to be honest I'm pretty nervous.
  3. If a deal can get done involving only 1 of the Soler/Baez/Bryant/Russell I'm game. Although, Baez would be the only headliner where I'd even consider using Alcantara as a secondary piece. The rest would have to come with a lesser 2nd piece.
  4. What in addition Alcantara would it take to land Leonys Martin and Derek Holland? I'd be absolutely great about a rotation like Lester/Arrieta/Holland/Hendricks/whoever.
  5. If you can land Cobb for Almora and Hendricks, please do it immediately.
  6. I wouldn't mind moving Edwin for McCann provided McCann keeps his mouth shut. Gary Sanchez should be ready in the not to distant future and the Yankees are going to have to fill 2 if not 3 rotation slots.
  7. Was my thinking too. He's not coming cheap this offseason. Eh, with the minimal financial commitments the Cubs have heading into the offseason, he shouldn't be pitching himself out of their price range. His performance of late just makes me more excited about the possibility of a Lester-Arrieta-McCarthy-Hendricks-Wada/Straily/Doubront/Turner rotation. he's certainly pricing himself out of getting both him and lester Really? How much do you expect he'll get? Before this Yankee run, 1/10 or 2/18 would have been my guess. If he continues tearing it up the rest of the year I think you're looking at least at a Feldman contract, 3/30, if not 3/36 to 4/48.
  8. While Michael Conforto, who Law is in love with, sits in short season A ball with an .831OPS.
  9. I could be convinced to put him in the last couple slots of the top 20.
  10. I believe so. He also had Javy at #7 if I remember right. He acknowledges they're good, but still manages to put loads of negative spin on any positives.
  11. Keith Law hates all things Cubs other than Addison Russell. Even when he gives compliments it's sandwiched by two reasons they still might suck.
  12. I'm not convinced I'd rather have Cease than Gilliam. Not signing Gilliam was my biggest regret from this last draft. I would have easily given up one of Cease/Steele/Sands for him.
  13. Lester/Arrieta/McCarthy/Hendricks and whoever wins the last spot amongst Doubront/Straily/Turner/Wada. It's not great, but it's definitely a playoff feasible rotation.
  14. I just couldn't move any of Baez/Bryant/Soler/Russell for a guy who missed the first month of the season with shoulder issues and is still being paid 20+M a year. Even Alcantara would make me extremely nervous and require Amaro to eat a good amount of money.
  15. In trade deadline talks Amaro asked the Dodgers for Seager,Pederson and Urias. Nothing is going to get done as long as he's GM.
  16. It's fairly amazing that a grown man can't differentiate between one act being an accident and the other intentional. I really hope they start imposing ridiculous over the top punishments on these bean ball wars.
  17. There are quotes from Starlin after Russell has been dealt for, where he's excited and just wants to be on the field. The position thing will work itself out. Castro has also said in the past that he'd have no problems at all with changing positions for the good of the team.
  18. One of the big reasons he got traded is that he complained that he wasn't getting the chance to start. I saw an unsubstantiated mention that he might've tanked some out of the bullpen in protest. Don't know any other details around that whole situation, but that's the situation being referenced in all likelihood. It says a lot about how low their opinion of him was that they essentially gave him away rather than letting him start, probably knowing that they were about to open up at least 1 rotation spot not 24 hours later. Well if the rumors are true that he intentionally tanked, you pretty much have to get him off your team.
  19. If Russell and Bonifacio are top tier players you may need to raise your expectations ever so slightly.
  20. How in the hell did Theo land Russell when that is all Price could get? Well, didn't Friedman actually turn down Russell? That was the rumor, which makes this all the more baffling.
  21. How in the hell did Theo land Russell when that is all Price could get?
  22. Alcantara has way more value than either Franklin or Smyly in my mind. I really don't think this is that far off of Almora+Hendricks.
  23. That can't be it. If Franklin and Smyly are worth Price then what we got from the A's looks even better. If the cost was that low I wouldn't even have minded grabbing him for 2015 and taking my chances on extending him.
  24. There had better be another big piece like Taijuan Walker coming otherwise that's just bad.
×
×
  • Create New...