Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Other than last year, this may be the first draft where I've gone into not having any kind of solid clue who it might be. At this point we're suspecting an underslot with the number of names mentioned both as the underslot and the overslot it should make tomorrow really exciting. I'd be extremely intrigued by Rooker and Romero picks at 27/30. You could probably save money on both deals while not sacrificing on talent.
  2. I just can't recall a team who has under performed as badly as this one has so far. They may end up 20 games worse than last year and the roster should have been slightly better, I just don't get it. Thank god this division is just awful.
  3. He went 8th overall to the Phillies. Yeah, this is why you read things a second or third time. Oops :P.
  4. I can't believe BA's mock 4.0 doesn't even have Bukauskas going in the 1st round. If he were there for the Cubs at 27/30 and they didn't take him I would be profoundly disappointed.
  5. Acquiring Samardzija just keeps looking better and better. The results are finally starting to match the peripherals.
  6. While this FO does value make up, they went and signed Lackey who is a known ass hat. So at some point being super talented outweighs being a particularly amiable guy. It also doesn't hurt that he's basically the best or second best lefty in this mediocre draft(Gore).
  7. I just don't get it, what is McKay's appeal? He sits like 88-91 without overwhelming secondaries and on the 1B side my understanding is that he got fat on a lot of weaker competition. Taking him at #1 over Kyle Wright, I just can't fathom it.
  8. So is it even a question that Wade is getting a QO anymore? At this point I see it as a no lose. We either get a pick or we get a lights out closer on a 1/18ish type deal.
  9. Not real thrilled with the idea of Gray versus what he's likely to cost. I'd be pretty pissed of any of Baez/Eloy/Happ were shipped off in a deal for him because he just hasn't been that good, better yes, but still kind of meh.
  10. Law sounds very sure of him self there. There's no way Allen would actually slip to their pick in the 2nd right?
  11. Who specifically are you talking about? Obviously for some players, an uptick in velocity is fleeting but it does happen to many HS kids who do maintain the velocity. It's a natural aspect of a teenager growing and maturing. The other concern is players who are a bit older who have an uptick in velocity and then blow out their arm almost immediately (Rob Whitenack comes to mind). Perhaps he was referring to Hayden Simpson, 1st guy that jumped to mind when I read his quote. Simpson and Stinnett were the ones I was mostly thinking of.
  12. He's obviously made some significant changes, but he's also in Reading which is just about as good of a HR park as there is in the minors.
  13. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm really nervous about guys who have up ticks in velocity and stuff because it seems like they then get drafted and they're back to their old velocity and old stuff far too often.
  14. Page 6 - About halfway down. Thanks again. He seems interesting. Jeremiah Estrada seems to be holding up really well. I could like Austin Beck as an OF prospect, not there yet but that bat speed. If he made it to 27 some how I'd be thrilled. Metal bat or not those oppo wrist flicks are pretty crazy for a high school kid. He kind of reminds me a bit of Clint Frazier. With that said, pretty bummed Pearson threw 101 in front of those scouts. I really wanted him at #30 and I don't see how he'll realistically be there now.
  15. It's not often you see a pitcher go from impending 200M deal to not even sure you want to use the QO on them in a 12 month period.
  16. I am fairly shocked that Beck slid all the way to #26, I mean if he was there at 27 he'd have to be a no brainer right? I know he doesn't have a lot of history with the wood bats, but that opposite field power he shows is crazy for his age.
  17. Hiura goes 24 to Boston. That is pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for now that Hiura seems cemented in the top 15.
  18. Didn't they ask for something absurd like Javy +2 or 3 more good prospects in return for Odorizzi or Moore?
  19. Shoulder injury at the moment.
  20. Was that called third on Panik as generous as fancast made it look?
  21. I wouldn't mind renting Liriano and letting him go at the end of the year. Then When FA comes, screw giving Darvish 200M and Cueto doesn't look like he'll opt out. I'll take 2 of Cobb/Pineda/Lynn and call it a day.
  22. Absolutely, the peripherals are amazing and his back to using the pitch selection that gave him success before.
  23. As of right now, assuming no one slides like crazy(Hiura,Romero), I think I'd prefer the Cubs take two of the Tanner Houck,Nate Pearson,Nate Allen trio. Also, If Jeren Kendall continues to slide he'd be super intriguing at #27 even if contact issues are perhaps the biggest red flag for me.
  24. I'd be thrilled if they could find a way to land any of Kolby Allard,Brent Honeywell, Reynaldo Lopez, Cal Quantill,Mike Soroka etc. I mean one of Mitchell White,Walker Buehler or Yadier Alvarez has to be available right? The Dodgers have a dozen SP as is.
  25. For me, Ted Lilly was always the guy where if someone found a head in his freezer I wouldn't have been at all surprised.
×
×
  • Create New...