Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. The White Sox hype in the media insane too. You'd think the Cubs weren't even competitive this year, let alone had a better record in a better league.
  2. A very long way to go, but that PCA vs Baez deal has the makings of one that could go down as one of the most lopsided trades of the last few decades.
  3. Not necessarily for this year, but I'd love to grab Andrew Painter from the Phillies. He is hard struggling over there and I'd love to rehab him in the Cub pitch lab.
  4. I mean, yeah he started super slow not hitting his first HR until April 22nd, but since that game he has posted a .254/.397/.455 SLG which is good for a 140 wRC+, a stretch that covers his last 305 PAs. I'm quite OK with that.
  5. Man, there really just isn't anyone I'm particularly in love with that's likely to be around at #23. They've all got fairly big warts and/or the upside just doesn't seem to be worth it. Of the names linked to the Cubs, I think I like Bo Lowrance's bat best, but seeing as that he's destined to be 1B only, that's a whole lot of pressure to put on the bat. I guess Sawyer Strosnider is going to be my guy and just hope they can fix the chasing issues, because he does pretty much everything else well.
  6. Am I reading this wrong? 4 year extension for $273 million over those 4 years? What in the horsefeathers? https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/49294892/agent-donovan-mitchell-reaches-new-4-year-deal-cavs
  7. Callis was just on 104.3 and said he's hearing that the Cubs are really underwhelmed about the arms they think will be there at #23. Some of the names he mentioned were Zion Rose, Daniel Jackson, Sawyer Strosnider and Bo Lowrance.
  8. Never seen a team so openly waste a "generational talent" as the Blackhawks are with Bedard. Why would he want to stay?
  9. Our old friend Nelson Velazquez with an OPS over 1.000 in his first 43 PAs with the Cardinals.
  10. Going to be fun explaining to the grand kids that the Cubs dfa'd a guy who went on to hit 500HR.
  11. No idea how a team with this decimated pitching staff and pen is 8 over .500.
  12. Avoided disaster and a win tomorrow makes me feel as good about this team as I have in a while.
  13. No it's not just Met fans, it's across all of baseball that he's genuinely hated, it's baffling to me.
  14. It's shocking how much other team's fans hate PCA. It's way worse than ever was with even Javy.
  15. Needed this, because 2-2 in the next series is going to feel like a huge win. edit: nvm, thought it was a 4 game series
  16. Owners want a max player contract length of 5 years for new teams and 6 years for players re-signing with their own teams. Owners are absolutely horsefeathers delusional.
  17. Honestly a starting 5 of Ayo/Giddey/Wilson/Buzelis/Claxton would have been legitimately kind of good
  18. Just listened to Bryson Graham interview and he justified yesterday by saying that basically they weren't interested in any of the players who were available to them. So with the #38th pick they tried to turn it into other assets/future picks and with #56 they valued the roster flexibility regarding undrafted players and free agents more than they valued any player that was available.
  19. It's not even about Mathis who I'm pretty much neutral on. It's giving up an asset for a guy who has been a dumpster fire. You could have found one of those on waivers for free.
  20. Giving up anyone of value for half a season of Peterson is a loss.
  21. Meanwhile one of their own 2nd round picks just signed a 110+million dollar deal. Good thing they didn't roll the dice on that again. Poor billionaire barely getting by needed some cash.
  22. We are bordering on historical levels of SP injuries right? I mean every damn pitcher other than Shota has hit the IL at least once. Realistically your top 5 arms in Steele/Horton/Boyd/Brown/Cabrera are all injured. Assad was injured, Wicks was injured, etc. etc.
×
×
  • Create New...