Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. 4 first round QBs in a year in which the Bears could conceivably be looking to draft QB. And if they would be doing so, presumably would be drafting in the upper half of the first round.
  2. Related to the old Saints RB with the same name? Wikipedia says that Dalton Hilliard had a kid who went to HS in Louisiana. This one is different:
  3. Everytime this comes up I keep going back to Wilkin's draft day description of Jackson's only flaw being a struggle to make contact or something like that. I would think that is one thing you can't teach by the time a guy has already played college baseball.
  4. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/4/30/4285808/tim-brando-chris-broussard-jason-collins-out
  5. I seem to be seeing a lot of people picking them to lose in the finals.
  6. Brent Sopel led that effort, and I believe was the only participant. Although Kaner probably stumbled by drunk at some point. Hockey has been big into the gay rights story ever since Brendon Burke died.
  7. you don't say
  8. YOU AREN'T MAKING IT ANY EASIER TO PRETEND
  9. I came across this stat regarding Greene: You have to factor in competition there. But as a former FS who has shown ability to intercept and defend passes, he's the perfect LB to have in the pass-happy NFL. Reading more on him really tempered the concerns I had doubling down on LB. Not that it means much, but pre-draft I thought he was the Bears possible 2nd round pick, to boot. he's also the least likely to play in 2013. Briggs is signed through 2014. The pressure will be on him to perform. There is nobody left here with much ties/incentive to keep Briggs, so Greene is-line to start by year 3 at the latest, maybe 2.
  10. The homer in me wants to applaud his decision to actually sidestep the topic and not say something stupid about abominations, going to hell, being a sinner, the act being icky, etc. I'll just try and maintain that notion.
  11. Did he say the word relentless, because no interview of Howie Long is complete without the word relentless.
  12. I don't see how that is contradictory at all. It's fairly simple. It's a locker room issue, or clubhouse issue I guess in baseball. It is not something that needs to be discussed with media members. It is not something minor league managers need to get on the phone with hosts back home in Chicago to discuss. It is the sort of thing that has happened throughout baseball history, without running to the media to tell them all about how dedicated to discipline you are. It is done in all walks of sports. It's not lying or ignoring, it's simply standard operating procedure for coaches.
  13. I'll have some of what the [expletive] Ford is smoking. His rationales were contradictory, and rambling. He wants all high schoolers because that's how you stockpile all stars and isn't interested in the safe bet of college guys just because they are close, then he picks a guy because he thinks he's closest to the majors. Lot of "looks the part" comments.
  14. Yes it was a stupid joke, but I'm more interested with your odd interpretation of my comments in nba thread My interpretation was you being your usual curmudgeonly self. Nothing odd there. So you are illiterate
  15. Yes it was a stupid joke, but I'm more interested with your odd interpretation of my comments in nba thread
  16. Explain Go read your own posts in the NBA thread? It was a joke, given your disdain for the Collins "celebrating" On my god. Are you illiterate?
  17. directv lists Cubs on channel 666 which is a csn+ station and a wonderful omen
  18. But it very clear is a story, by definition of the response it has received. Therefore, your point just does not hold up.
  19. yes I agree, that walkoff was worth celebrating
  20. what was that ump thinking?
  21. He just finished a season and is not retired. He would probably be listed as an active free agent, so I'm not so sure what the hangup is in the description. I do not believe he announced intentions to leave the game in his article. Somebody might not sign him, but just like Kyle Long going early in the draft all it takes is one GM to want you on the team. You don't need a bidding war.
  22. Bruce Miles ‏@BruceMiles2112 2m #Cubs Sveum said Fujikawa did not look crisp in pen today. Another pen later in week . To Iowa Sunday Bruce Miles ‏@BruceMiles2112 4m #Cubs Scott Baker began throwing pgm today in Mesa. Light catch from 45 feet
  23. why not? Because he likely won't play another NBA game in his career and wouldn't really be the first openly gay athlete in history to play in a major sport? That's unless we're counting the past 8 or so years as him playing which wouldn't be accurate. I'll take back that statement if he goes on to play in the NBA. So if he does happen to play next season you feel it will be okay to celebrate him? It's like Kyle and touchdown reviews; he's just sitting there on the edge of his seat waiting for the OK to celebrate. why even bother standing up
×
×
  • Create New...