Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Apparently it is against the law in California and the girlfriend may face legal issues because of it. But what is the NBA supposed to do? "Sorry, players/fans/fellow owners. We know Donald Sterling is a racist POS and have proof of that but because the proof obtained by TMZ was recorded illegally we have to pretend that Sterling really loves black people." People are already saying things like RW said on my Facebook feed. Generally the same people who supported the Duck Dynasty and Chick-Fil-A goofs. Supported duck dynasty how? I don't get this. A guy has been fined 5mln due to the contents of a private phone call he had with his girlfriend. I'm some right winger because I think that's [expletive] up? What was acceptable in private discourse or even public discourse 30 years ago? What's acceptable now? What's acceptable 30 years from now? He wasn't fined $5m.
  2. I like how Mark Wohlers hashtags #realestate #realtor on his twitter profile, which includes a gun, bullets and a world series ring.
  3. So old fashioned of him to graciously leak to friendly reporters that he was on the right side of this before the announcement. That is what twitter is for these days.
  4. 100% That was my guess too. This could really drag on a long time. The legal expert on ESPN.com said he has 0% chance of winning a lawsuit. Winning the lawsuit would not be the goal. The legal expert on espn once said they would not have indicted the Duke Lacrosse team if they weren't sure they were guilty.
  5. 100%
  6. and try to force a sale.
  7. Forgot about Schott.
  8. What exactly does a suspension of an owner entail? EDIT: Wording. Did you ever read about Steinbrenner? I think it is basically that they are not allowed at games and other league related events. They can have no hand in running things. They can't run board meetings or hire/fire management, etc.
  9. suspended indefinitely and $5m fine
  10. Or Thursday. Or they could do an afternoon hockey game, followed by a night basketball game, right? They wont do Thursday since game 7 isn't until tomorrow. They cant do an afternoon hockey game with an NBA game at night on Saturday, if we see another 3OT game it would be a disaster. But the Bulls game is listed as TBD for Saturday. That could be the day game.
  11. Or Thursday. Or they could do an afternoon hockey game, followed by a night basketball game, right? Why in God's name would the NHL play an afternoon game on a weekday? I believe he is talking about Saturday, which is where the conflict with the Bulls would take place.
  12. Psh, whatever. Matt Guerrier is so much better. this is a spectacularly dumb post we didn't trade for him, and the Nats did...and they got a season of virtually replacement-level production and didn't offer him a QO- that's about where it ends; this season's performance is completely immaterial Plus he is not 12-9 with one save over his last 21 games.
  13. When you consider the NFL can more or less force a team to go on Hard Knocks, while they make their own decision on cheerleaders, this says something about Angelo's awareness.
  14. Psh, whatever. Matt Guerrier is so much better. He has a record of 12-9 plus 1 save over his last 21 games?
  15. Dan Pompei is with sportsonearth now and participated in a 3-way mock draft. http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/73305070/nfl-mock-draft-2014-houston-texans-jadeveon-clowney-khalil-mack-johnny-manziel Round one: Round 2:
  16. Don't they bitch about the preparations for almost every Olympic city/World Cup country that isn't in Europe or North America? I mean I kind of like seeing Rio get knocked a bit because I thought Chicago would have been a better host city (and I'm obviously very biased) but I'm sure they will be fine. I would not assume that at all. Brazil is a mess, and Rio specifically is a horribly run city. They don't have the control over their population that China has, and their plutocracy is not as powerful as Russia's. Rio was always going to be a likely poorly run site.
  17. Too bad there isn't a great QB available.
  18. http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140428/SPORTS/140429479?p=1&tc=pg Bruce Miles retweeted this Almora story from Daytona.
  19. It's already been 5 days since Samardzija pitched? I feel like that was Friday.
×
×
  • Create New...