Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I don't care about Sosa. I care when someone makes an unfair comparison. Frohman gave his opinion on the subject, and it was against the grain of everyone else's opinion. I would say that's not being a dick compared to telling someone to go [expletive] themselves. Can you see how those two things are different? Frohman made an impassioned idiotic post and got called out on it. Then you pretended you were too cool for school while contributing to the length of a thread you were baffled could be this long, before exposing yourself as a liar. So you admit, that he just made an impassioned idiotic post and was not being a dick? Good day sir. on to page 9
  2. I don't care about Sosa. I care when someone makes an unfair comparison. Frohman gave his opinion on the subject, and it was against the grain of everyone else's opinion. I would say that's not being a dick compared to telling someone to go [expletive] themselves. Can you see how those two things are different? Frohman made an impassioned idiotic post and got called out on it. Then you pretended you were too cool for school while contributing to the length of a thread you were baffled could be this long, before exposing yourself as a liar.
  3. I thought you didn't care.
  4. Decent points, try not being such a [expletive]. Says the guy who went nuts on this topic earlier.
  5. Good timing, I just read this yesterday: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/first-round-stanley-cup-sharks-kings/ uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  6. depends on how the next series winds up.
  7. Rizzo has small-face YES. First I give us "doom boner," now my whole "Rizzo has a tiny face" thing is catching on. I thought you just said weird.
  8. I think if the Kings score first they beat the Sha arks. I'd like to see the Wild beat the Avs. There ought to be at least 1 upset in round 1. I don't really care about Flyers/ Rangers. Flyers / Pens is usually fun. Weren't the Blackhawks technically an upset? Assuming you are basing this solely on seeds instead of expectations. The BHawks were betting favorites, were they not?
  9. I think this is more or less par for the course with the NHL. The beat writers are constantly being asked about schedules and they always have to say, "I don't know" and ask the league to release the schedules. It's part of the NHLs poor PR/marketing skills.
  10. I don't think people were generally OK with things, but they didn't have the momentum and opportunity to push him out. He gave them that opportunity and they pounced on it.
  11. Iowa Cubs ‏@IowaCubs 26m I-Cubs and Omaha will play a double-header tomorrow starting at 10:05 a.m. Two 7-inning games. Today's game postponed.
  12. Isn't that sort of the definition of NBA hell? Being better than a large amount of teams but nowhere near the elite?
  13. side gash? strong take bro
  14. There is a walkway and crap over there. Plus you can kinda see it from the seats where whoever took that picture sat. So, the last row?
  15. can you view the river from inside the stadium?
  16. New market inefficiency, guys who don't actually want to play bas......., oh nevermind. Every good sports movie has the talented kid that doesn't want to play, and the "we're just desperate enough to try and convince him to play" manager. I see storybook ending on the horizon.
  17. Why? He basically had a private conversation with his mistress that she recorded (knowingly or not) and took public (likely without his consent). I believe in most situations, a person's political/religious/social views shouldn't necessarily be grounds for something along the lines of termination of employment or expulsion or fines, especially if those views are kept private, out of the public, and out of the workplace. It wasn't like he said all of this at a press conference or at a team meeting. Moreover, what also doesn't sit right with me is that Sterling's racism was well-known and well-documented, as evidenced by multiple lawsuits and settlements, but it took something like this to lay down the hammer on him. If this had happened as a result of him getting slapped with another DOJ lawsuit for racial discrimination, it'd make more sense to me. But a recording that goes viral is what finally rids the NBA of this guy? What does it say that the NBA was willing to tolerate someone who perpetuated institutional racism for decades and didn't get rid of him until his pissed off mistress released a recording that told them everything they already know? However, as I said, Sterling got what he deserved. He has every right to open his mouth and spout off whatever nonsense he wants, but that nonsense could have cost the league millions upon millions of dollars. The league had every right to take these actions against him to protect itself from further damage. It was the right call. And that didn't happen, so too bad. This wasn't an assembly line worker talking crap over beers. This was a billionaire owner with a track record of institutionalized racist actions who did the bare minimum to maintain his organization as a viable entity. He was not terminated from his job. He was not sent to jail. He was suspended from attending functions and will be pressured to sell that franchise for about $1 billion and an enormous profit. Just stop with this stupidity.
  18. I have often wondered if coaches pulled their goalie on PPs, would the numbers work out in the long run. with icing not being a concern on the kill I would think that would be tough
  19. First, stop saying his franchise is being taken away. It's not. It is idiotic to say it is. If he is forced to sell he will sell for full market value from the highest bidder. Just stop with this nonsense. Second, you can preface it all you like, but you are trying to defend what he said.
  20. You know who didn't give a [expletive] if it was a private conversation? Hitler.
  21. Do we know who runs this account? When it first got popular, I really thought it would have a short shelf life, but it's still the funniest thing on twitter Some people have to know, considering his close ties with uproxx and sbnation, but I do not believe anybody has leaked it.
  22. Not really. There aren't too many owners of pro sports teams out there, and most of them are probably smart enough to avoid having their league force them to sell. It's idiotic to say he is being destroyed, like brain dead idiocy to suggest that is even close. He is being forced to realize ungodly profits in the sale of a team he was completely indifferent toward for decades. Only a moron would think that is destroying the man.
×
×
  • Create New...