Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. do all the players march in the opening ceremony?
  2. that's haha funny
  3. Love this winning [expletive]. Love Vegas too
  4. This is the 11 year anniversary of Kerry Wood vs Roger Clemens and Funny Side going for the Triple Crown at the Belmont.
  5. I'm pretty proud of my relief effort here with David bailing at the beginning of the streak. Cubs go with Samardzija in another afternoon game against UM's favorite Marlins, who counter with Wolf. Like Theo said, the Cubs are coming fast. (or was that Jed?) If a mod has something to add, put it in your own post.
  6. On the bright side this makes it more likely the Marlins make the playoffs!!!
  7. well that was the worst return from a conference call I've had in a while
  8. I wonder how those conversations/relationships work for these guys. The system makes it almost mandatory to draft college seniors. Are some of these guys getting drafted people who never would have been before? Are they ending up getting paid any more with the top 10 status, or is the discount back to the old model?
  9. Yes, the Cubs are actually playing better and we can't just be satisfied with that since it's only been at home and they have a bunch of home games left. jesus, every time somebody expresses concern about this team they get criticized for not enjoying where they are at right now.
  10. so is he considering giving up baseball?
  11. I saw this, and I don't really get it. So every guy the took up to pick #199 was in the BA top 200 and that means they're killing it? I wouldn't be shocked if the Cubs are the only team to do that this year. There are teams that either go way off the reservation (according to BA's board) or will draft cheap senior signs. So in BA's eyes, they're killing it. Which is only really possible when your first two guys are underslots.
  12. I saw this, and I don't really get it. So every guy the took up to pick #199 was in the BA top 200 and that means they're killing it? Killing it by not taking any scrubs, I guess.
  13. Wow, seems like an omission on their part. Oregon's ace this year, started for part of the year on Fridays last year too. Works upper 80s from what I remember. He's also a junior, which would seem to indicate they can't low ball him. Maybe they know he's desperate to get some cashe
  14. I'm a fan if he can stick at 3B. Also like his teammate Tannger English as a CF. Is Greg Allen gone (San Diego State CF)? If not, he's probably my favorite bat out there. If you want him to stick, better use crisco. How would that make him stick?
  15. time for a 10 minute break between rounds 5 and 6. Cubs up in ~14m
  16. Cubs take Justin Steele, LHP from a MS high school
  17. Round 4 coming to an end, Round 5 is coming up very soon.
  18. Career 160 IsoD. Only 2 HR in 2014 and an IsoD under 100. I know nothing of college stats, but I think that's a little on the underwhelming side. Schwarber had an IsoD of 300 this year. Obviously that might be the strongest bat in college, but I think the point is that real prospects really hit amazing in college. You do have to consider how the new BBCOR bats have brought down offense. Yeah, again, I know nothing of college stats. A different bat and a fulltime move from LF to C probably combines to make the difference.
×
×
  • Create New...