PTR and his three stooges are counting on most fans to feel that way. How sure are you he's even going to be any good? He got started in the Cuban league late and wasn't there long. He seems to be a physical specimen but that's no real indicator of baseball skill. I trust our scouts to know what he's worth and the front office not to overpay. Has anyone posted his video? http://bit.ly/1BeYgWj I definitely trust these guys not to overpay. Although trust isn't the word I'd use.
Half the point of stockpiling all the young cheap bats is so they can risk that money. Anybody viewing a big contract to a pitcher as anything but awesome is crazypants.
Until the Cubs have significantly higher payroll than they do now, I'm not a big fan of adding high end free agent pitchers because of their combo of age/cost/likely performance. I'm not going to furious if Jon Lester is a Cub, but I don't think it's a particularly great idea. That's just a chicken/egg or catch-22 situation. If they actually do go after him, it will be because they can afford it and it is a great idea.
Lovie isn't a horrible coach. I know he isn't. I actually like Lovie, but dude didn't give a [expletive] about his offense so he was NEVER going to get the Bears over the hump. He coached them into the super bowl so I'm not sure what hump he could never get them over.
Dempsey wasn't wearing a Seattle shirt at the ASG. They can hate him when he's wearing a Seattle shirt, just don't boo him. It's over the top, unnecessary and stupid. Ditto for Donovan. Country trumps club every day of the week. That's crazy.
lol from the comments on rany's article how are stupid people so consistent in being stupid? i'm not saying he's wrong for being mad at the team sucking, but he's wrong about literally everything else. like, you could come up with a checklist of all the dumb opinions one can have about baseball and the cubs and he would have checked off most of them in one post. Well, they are selling out every game
Would it beat a team of players the Bulls were favorites to land? Nobody could beat the Bulls FA 2nd place finishes. They are the dream team of FA 2nd place finishes. PG: LeBron James SG: Kobe Bryant SF: Carmelo Anthony PF: Kevin Garnett C: Chris Bosh BN: Dwyane Wade, Kevin Love, younger Pau Gasol I still think the Cubs' guys would win in baseball.
almost always, yes. but unlike people who tune civics, their cars are actually awesome so it's like eh i can just ignore these assbags that makes sense
no way I vaguely remembered him being considered a hard throwing college reliever who was going to be a reliever as a pro and therefore theoretically a fast mover. But he's barely seen low A ball. coming off the series of extra innings games it's likely they have considered some roster moves, but this guy has to be down the list.
Translation? Even though that sounds like something you'd hear from a guy getting called up, I have to assume that David Garner is using his off day in Kane County to come into Chicago and maybe the Cubs game. And that Trey Lang is bored in Idaho.
Completely honest, no, I did not realize that. I guess I have a general idea that Formula One fans aren't rednecks, but that's based on nothing except I think of it as European. But Eurotrash is a thing.
I'm not big into basketball, but I know basketball fans who are decent folk. Same with soccer. On the other hand, I've never met a racing or MMA fan who weren't terrible.* *also Packers
Because hockey is awful and I don't care what you say Sure, that's your opinion and that's fine. There's obviously nothing wrong with that. I don't get why people who don't like racing have to be so adamant about the fact that they don't like racing, and act demeaning towards those that do. So you are taking the this is a sport please like my sport side?