Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I was in a bar in Athens, Georgia for game 4. It was the night after Georgia/Alabama and a pretty pretty pretty good day despite the loss. I remember expressing extreme confidence to the college kids at the bar.
  2. YEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP The drunken and out of sync cubs hat chop was the greatest thing ever.
  3. Which was the same day the tiger ate Roy. I was on the road heading down to Atlanta with game 5 tix.
  4. Hopefully they give us something to cheer about this time around. The '08 playoffs basically consisted of a DeRosa homer followed by a comedy of errors. Yeah, it was more about the team playing horribly than angst. Any team that puts on that display is going to have a dead ass home crowd. The one exception may be a team that is in the playoffs for the first time in forever.
  5. Not if they sweep their way to the title.
  6. Be glad. I thought that the Bengals had a rather apathetic fan base, but my ears were ringing from hearing their yokel fans telling "WHO DEY, WHO DEY, WHO DEY SAY GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS" in my ears for 4 hours. I think because Bears fans travel so well, home fans feel threatened and really let our fans hear if if/when they win/dominate. I've been to a bunch of road games, most of them wins. NYG with the FG return for TD, Jets games, several Eagles games. The worst was last year of course, but that was so bad I don't think Eagles fans even had anymore interest in heckling. Road games are fun, the only road fans that have trouble are idiots that get their feelings hurt from being told to [expletive] off on occasion or morons that heckle the home crowd.
  7. Yeah, I used to think that this prolonged suckfest would inevitably leave to front office guys moving on to bigger jobs before the thing pans out. But part of overhauling a front office and creating a deep bench is you should be able to replace such a person.
  8. I saw he made a million dollars over there, so I'm not sure how he could have a 90% paycut if he makes a roster. Practice Squad. Right. Hayden Smith is a rugby guy that was on the Jets and spent a year on the practice squad. Though that guy wasn't nearly the star in rubgy that this Jarryd Hayne is. He's not coming over to hang out on the practice squad. He will probably do that for what remains of this season, and if he's not on a roster by next year he'd probably go back and take advantage of that lifetime agreement with his Kangaroo team.
  9. I saw he made a million dollars over there, so I'm not sure how he could have a 90% paycut if he makes a roster.
  10. david and brett, sittin' in a tree, k I s s I n g
  11. if this turns into that annoying game that stl goes down big but comes back to win I will be moderately annoyed.
  12. you said minutes 90 minutes is still minutes I searched on twitter when you said that and there was plenty of speculation that he was gone so I assumed your secret source was the twitter search function.
  13. you said minutes
  14. bags are full, bags are empty
  15. I would not say "just as long", Boston started doing things differently in the early 2000s, but they were just like a lot of other teams under Duquette. Beane and Alderson were doing their things in the 90s. But yeah that makes a lot of sense. I was under the impression that LA's payroll was inflated in a marketing move upon launch of the new network. But the Yankees have been supposed to be cutting back big time for 5 years now without actually doing it. My guess is LA won't be willing to tolerate the inevitable losing that would happen if they drastically cut payroll and they will instead just hold steady or trim here and there.
  16. Is that average length that much different than the average length of other sports? Seems about the same as the NFL. I'd just venture to say that NFL game times vary a lot less in length than MLB does. I think NHL and NBA games are significantly shorter than those, while NFL is probably as much as 10 minutes longer. The big difference there is of course you only commit to one per week for NFL, but baseball needs the same people to watch multiple times every week to make their numbers work, and NBA/NHL are in between.
  17. That didn't help every team outside the AL East in the wild card chase when the Yankees were at their peak. It could cause other teams in the NL West to try harder and gobble up more great players in an arms race that the Cubs will not participate in for 5 years.
  18. 31. And the most important thing is the club level. The Parks dept didn't screw up the playing surface. The Bears insisting on grass over turf is what has screwed up the playing surface. Really? I thought it was the Park district that insisted on it. So much confusion out there It has been reported on numerous occasions that the Bears have final say over the turf, and they have hesitated to go with artificial due to questions about player safety.
  19. 31. And the most important thing is the club level. The Parks dept didn't screw up the playing surface. The Bears insisting on grass over turf is what has screwed up the playing surface.
  20. Wasn't this reported/speculated last week?
  21. Ideal is perfect grass, but that isn't possible in Soldier Field.
  22. It's not the native soil as much as the strips of sod they constantly have to replace. Those things just cannot be as sturdy as the permanent ground that maintains grass year round.
×
×
  • Create New...