Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,099
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. No, is there a good way to watch CBC? I’m watching through Max app and hate it, pic is so dark
  2. And now I see Powers and Laz did a pod ep called “should you be skeptical of Jeff Blashill”, so I’ll probably listen and smooth out my volatile response to the hire
  3. Probably correct. but I do still think most likely outcome is this group plateaus as a NJ Devils type team that breaks 100 points maybe once and is in and out of playofffs. Buffalo is their floor as talented but perpetually a step away from playoffs or LA as upside, consistent 3rd place team with 99 points that can’t get past the first round. The LA model would probably keep Blashill employed beyond his first contract. The Devils path might give him 4/5 years while Buffalo means he’s gone sometime in the 2028 calendar year. If they haven’t made playoffs by 27/28 season it’s going to be a problem. Lots of guys on their second contract, probably a few talented players traded away. Hope for the future clouded by the inability of several early first round picks to get them into contention. Im curious if he got any assurances that they would make trades
  4. Although I’m fine with Blashill and generally accept the narrative of a guy who learned from his first job while working under Cooper in Tampa, it may be a little noteworthy that Tampa went from three straight finals appearances to three straight first round exits once Blashill arrived. Is that at all his fault? Probably not. Would I take a regular 98-102 point team in Chicago? Absolutely. But given the short shelf life of NHL head coaches it’s probably safe to assume he’ll have to get replaced eventually before they even sniff a finals
  5. I made a post about a decade ago about teams that will try and emulate the cubs tanking and have it blow up in their face. I’m pretty sure the White Sox were the team that most fit the bill. So I’ll just go with that. They tried to tank and come out of it but coming out of being a sub .400 w% team is hard
  6. Anybody turn right yet?
  7. USA Hockey (@usahockey) • Instagram photo WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 788 likes, 21 comments - usahockey on May 24, 2025: "FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 91 YEARS, TEAM USA IS HEADING TO...
  8. And just like that it’s 4-2
  9. USA beating Sweden 4-0 in 2nd period, chance to move to final
  10. Funner fact, Denmark eliminated Canada. also Brendan Shanahan is out in Toronto
  11. USA advances to semis after a 5-2 win over Finland Teuvo assisted on both of Finlands goals
  12. Sorensen reportedly remaining on as an assistant and Michael Peca is being brought in from the rangers as another assistant
  13. Yeah, their PR people did a good job selling this hire over the past week. Worked on me
  14. Chicago Blackhawks (@nhlblackhawks) • Instagram photos and videos WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 1,268 likes, 35 comments - nhlblackhawks on May 22, 2025: "Meet the 42nd Head Coach of the Chicago...
  15. Blashill being reported as unofficially official by multiple outlets
  16. Tab Bamford claims Sorensen will stay on the NHL staff, with two other news guys
  17. The athletic is the only place I saw a reference to $8m in 2025 as the hit. Not sure how that would work
  18. They will sign Thuney, who turns 33 in November, to a 2-year, $35 million extension, meaning he could be with the team through the 2027 season, a league source confirmed. The new contract includes a $33.5 million fully guaranteed for this season and next. Thuney’s salary cap number was going to be $16 million this season. But with the revised contract, his cap hit has been lowered to $8 million for 2025.
  19. Lots of smoke coming out today with suntimes and bleacher nation writing “it may already be a done deal” style articles and powers/laz podcasting about it after Elliotte Friedman did the same on Friday. I think most nhl coaches are replacement level, so, kind of feel like the hire doesn’t really matter. They are in much greater need of better talent on the ice. I could see a world where this works out but I really have to squint.
  20. I didn’t even think about Washington and Vegas also being ahead of them. So 3 and 25 it is. Plus the two 2nds, I really think there is going to be some sort of trade of picks
  21. So hawks picking 3 and 28? now with Toronto’s pick? Or is it 27 with winnipeg also out?
  22. ARLINGTON, Texas — Houston Astros right-hander Hayden Wesneski will undergo Tommy John surgery, manager Joe Espada revealed on Sunday, dealing another blow to a depth-starved starting rotation already missing one mainstay. Wesneski went on the injured list backdated to May 7 with what the Astros described as right elbow discomfort. Initial imaging showed too much swelling inside Wesneski’s elbow to render a firm diagnosis, but a follow-up appointment with orthopedic surgeon Dr. Keith Meister confirmed the need for reconstructive surgery. The operation will take place this week.
×
×
  • Create New...