Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,099
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. He was shaded up the middle because of the DP opportunity.
  2. Beginning? No, that was 2005. This may be more like the end of the end.
  3. Soriano and Lee are not in the prime of their careers. Well, if they are starting to go down from the prime of the careers that just makes it more likely that whatever group comes in will want to play for next year. Changes will have to be made though. I fear that they may not even be able to be made this offseason, because if the Cubs don't go up for sale until the season ends the sale might not be completed until it's too late to make changes for 2008. I feel that there will be changes this offseason, but the team itself will stay largely intact for 2008. I think we're stuck with most of those contracts. I think the coaching staff stays unless Lou retires. I'm pretty sure there will be a new GM, who will try and fine tune around the core of this roster. I think I might actually prefer to see a GM get a year, or at least several months, on the job before he really starts to overhaul.
  4. Why wouldn't new ownership want a fresh start? It's not like the guys here have any real positive track record to speak of. I want everyone gone. Everyone. This is a rudderless ship with no real plan to find direction. I'm pretty sure they would want a fresh start, however, fresh start rarely means house cleaning. Dan Snyder was probably the last owner to completely clean house after taking over, including secretaries and whatnot. This just isn't going to happen here. Depending on the owner (whether he's active or behind the scenes) I could see a new president - although I could definitely see McDonough staying on board in some capacity. I'm pretty certain we'll have a new GM, and that will probably mean new assistants to the GM, and new development people. But they are not going to turn over an entire coaching staff, big leagues and minors, and all instructors. Personally I'm not so sure it is an "everybody" problem. I think it's largely Hendry, and his backward philosophies. You can still achieve a great deal of change by lobbing off the top of your totem pole, even if you keep a good amount of the middle and bottom rungs.
  5. Player development? Yes. Scouting? No. Why should anyone be exempt for a massive, organization-wide failure to develop ML talent? Because Wilken and his scouts just came in last year. And Wilken has one of the best track records in the game. Okay, everyone who arrived with Wilken can stay. Everyone who was here pre Wilken (including Oneri Flieta) should be axed. I'd be fine with Wilken and his people staying and EVERYBODY else going. But I don't see it happening that cleanly. I just hope the Hendry/Hughes types are gone first and foremost.
  6. I really have to wonder what kind of leash he has this year. The ownership situation complicates matters, since any new owner is likely to want to completely overhaul the front office with his own people, meaning any Hendry replacement is going to be short-term. However, given the nature of how PR influences decisions in the sports world, I could see the current regime try to stave off a fan revolt by getting rid of Hendry sooner rather than later. But what I don't see are a series of firings that will force the Cubs to pay two people for the same job. They aren't going to cut a bunch of veterans with contracts, or coaches. I'm wondering if Hendry can last until the all star break if this team remains under .500.
  7. I could see Lou demanding it, but Hendry fighting it. I'm not sure they'll get permission to pay him to play for somebody else.
  8. Until they pinch hit. what he said Just need to hand out some more longterm contracts to relievers Jim.
  9. i don't see the creepiness in a twenty or twenty-one year old thinking a picture of someone two or three years their younger is pretty, beautiful, hot, whatever. if meph was 40, okay, but he isn't. Why is it creepy for a 40 year old to think an 18 year old is hot?
  10. Ramirez has a dirty uniform because he's so lazy that he lies down between pitches.
  11. That's what happens when you are the last guy to cut your hair.
  12. If you are going to give up flyball outs, Shea is the place to do it.
  13. Maybe they get constipated? Hey Weurtz, enough walks already.
  14. I did not think Murton's fly was going to go that far. It looked pretty weak but ended up quite deep in right center.
  15. I'm not sure how the LF didnt break his wrist on that play.
  16. There's a possibility of him being a good 5th OF.
  17. How? Running? Swinging/running toward first. It looked at first like a foul off the left foot, but he was favoring his right leg and replays showed the ball did not hit his foot. He hopped around a bit and tried some stretching.
  18. Looks like a hammy, Bob thinks it could be a cramp. I'm thinking cramp as well. I'm pretty sure the trainer just told him not to run to 1B.
  19. this isn't good Did he pull a calf or hammy?
  20. Guzman 75 thru 5 Vargas 59 thru 5 It says a lot.
  21. Blanco dropped the ball one time, and was just a fraction of a second late on that one.
  22. That strike 3 to Franco was every bit a strike, regardless of this guys zone.
×
×
  • Create New...