Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I know it's politically fashionable to let someone else pay for everything, but is an industry that prices out its users (i.e., the fans) really sustainable? Salaries went down in the early 1930s. It is hard to imagine, but absent hyperinflation it will happen again. The vast majority of fans watch their team on TV, which is really inexpensive to do and the source of most of the revenue. Can we imagine that TV contracts will not be so flush in a Depression? Maybe, hear me out here, but maybe, we aren't actually in a depression.
  2. I believe those revenues are spread evenly among all teams
  3. I know it's politically fashionable to let someone else pay for everything, but is an industry that prices out its users (i.e., the fans) really sustainable? Salaries went down in the early 1930s. It is hard to imagine, but absent hyperinflation it will happen again. The vast majority of fans watch their team on TV, which is really inexpensive to do and the source of most of the revenue.
  4. Yes. There's nothing wrong with Ryan Sweeney, but thinking of him as a target of sorts is pretty goofy. He's 28, already has 4+ years of service time, and hasn't been all that good. Um, doesn't that kind of mean there is something wrong with him?
  5. Cubs can't dump Soriano until they get someone in a trade that can play LF that can actually hit. Why? Because it would be a shame to get below average production from a position right now? Put LaHair there there for now, move DeJesus back to RF and have Campana and friends hold down CF until you callup Jackson. There's no reason to manufacture nonsensical reasons why they can't move Soriano when the opportunity arises.
  6. well we know which room will have the high class hookers.
  7. Yeah, I'm at the same point as you and was considering a similar post. I haven't bothered following a team, I just watch whatever games are on FSC or ESPN in the mornings and my interest has just grown from there.
  8. I don't think that would resonate with the masses the same way the Cubs would or the HR record did. The hit steak just isn't that ubiquitous.
  9. it's probably like the scene in moneyball with Theo as Pitt on the phone and Jed as the fat guy pulling names out of his ass
  10. http://deadspin.com/5925116/phillies-announcer-melts-down-somebody-figure-out-how-to-[expletive]-get-scott-hairston-out hahahaha. phillies announcer didn't realize he was still on air when discussing Scott Hairston. beware of potty mouth
  11. It was 230 PA, plenty of time to be considered. And I was mostly joking around in response to the All Star LaHair comment.
  12. You mean the 2012 National League All-Star 1B Bryan LaHair? I'm pretty sure that's who he means. The guy who out OPSed Vitters by 200 points. To be fair, was that a 22 year old LaHair in AAA? No, he only out OPSed him by 50 his first time through AAA.
  13. You should have known. It's the place they filmed home run derby. http://www.hulu.com/watch/166981
  14. You mean the 2012 National League All-Star 1B Bryan LaHair? I'm pretty sure that's who he means. The guy who out OPSed Vitters by 200 points.
  15. He's not a homer. He's an incredibly whiny, woe is me, only my team, baby.
  16. i can't click names Use a different template. If they show up on the index page as the person who started a thread or the last person to post in a thread, I can click their name, but within the thread itself I can't. Is that different for other people.
  17. And Boston has had a "dismal" first half of the season. Ken Tremendous is a funny guy but he's worse than a lot of the most whiny Cubs fans when it comes to discussing sports. I don't understand how he can go from FJM to what he is as a fan of the Red Sox.
  18. If the goal was to create a perfectly "fair" schedule, I'm sure they would try it. That's not the goal. The goal is to maintain a fiscally thriving business.
  19. His team has been well above average throughout his tenure in a salary cap league so I think that alone makes a C+ the bare minimum grade.
×
×
  • Create New...