Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. And who writes an entire article full of single sentence paragraphs? Half the "journalists" NSBB spits out 99% of sportswriters write columns that look like that one.
  2. I don't get what point you are trying to make with the last two sentences. Why is announcing the Islanders will move 20 miles something they shouldn't do during the lockout?
  3. Islanders slated to move to Barclays Center in 2015, if they ever play hockey again. Good move.
  4. For those familiar with the Cutler is a cat meme. http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/lol-because-jay-cutler-is-a-cat.jpg Or maybe this should have gone in the Garfield minus Garfield thread.
  5. http://deadspin.com/5954380/idiot-detroit-columnist-labels-san-francisco-a-strange-baseball-town-because-the-food-is-so-amazing Slides are weird, carousels are cool
  6. Of course he's going to say that. Leverage his way going somewhere he wants. He has a no trade clause. What leverage does he need to drum up by making misleading or false statements? To make it clear he's not simply going to accept whatever trade is put out there just to get out of town. It's leverage and face saving to say you want to stay and prove something.
  7. I disagree with the way tice called the game, instead of pouring it on a blowing the lions out, we stalled and played chicken [expletive] Cutler said that there were some throws he just could not make and that the game was called the way that it was out of necessity. They definitely slammed on the breaks but it would more out of necessity than anything else, as others noted.
  8. Huh, I could have sworn this already happened.
  9. Is that policy you have to be on roids or you're out?
  10. http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=18731
  11. He was Jim Hendry's right hand man and there has never been any indication as to what he does well. So therefore, he must be bad at his job. The only grounds you use to assert this is that he worked under someone you didn't like. Great logic you have there. That's a pretty stupid statement. I questioned what he does well. I've never heard anything good about him. Nobody has ever made any sort of statement about what value he brings to the organization. I don't see it, and I'd like to know what it is. I don't just assume that middle management types in sports are great at what they do. I'm not sure why anybody would.
  12. I'm pretty sure it's just his association with Jim Hendry. That's kinda what I've figured so far. Did you ever read anything that said he was good at his job? That he got a 3 year extension? Jim Hendry got an extension, multiple times.
  13. I'm pretty sure it's just his association with Jim Hendry. That's kinda what I've figured so far. Did you ever read anything that said he was good at his job?
  14. He was Jim Hendry's right hand man and there has never been any indication as to what he does well.
  15. gods be good that will continue
  16. I'd like to hear Brett's justification for claiming the Cubs are lucky to keep Randy Bush.
  17. Something to do with their desire to make injury prevention the wave of the future?
  18. What does he bring to the table?
  19. Bruce Miles ‏@BruceMiles2112 #Cubs give assistant GM Randy Bush 3 yr extension
  20. Tigers fans are fans of other Detroit teams, which means they suck.
  21. Garza, Carimi and Rachal were all bad. Webb is currently the best OL on the team and he's not even average. It's so glaringly obvious how the Bears offense is all about the talented skill position players trying to make do with completely incompetent lineman (not to mention a dullard as OC). You watch them operate and it's surprising they don't score more, but the line is constantly getting penalized and ruining drives when they just flat out aren't blocking.
  22. Far be it from me to point this out but you haven't been paying attention if that's how you think Jay has played.
  23. That is an absurd interpretation of how the announcers were calling the game. Gruden was creaming his pants over the Bears.
  24. Kind of odd that the first to test the waters would coincide with international budgets being slashed.
  25. Yes. Without it guys would run down out of bounds and use their bench, especially as a 12th man to help get around defenders.
×
×
  • Create New...