Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. I have a double sinus infection related to COVID rebound and I’m about to turn off the TV and listen to Pat and Ron. 0-0 top of 2
  2. Fields doesn't have the supporting cast and can't do it himself. Everything that's happened to this point suggests that they aren't invested in him being successful. Which brings us back to WTF was Poles hired if not fully invested in Fields' success? Doesn't make sense that Poles would just immediately write him off without at least, seeing what they have to work with. Is that what a smart GM would do? I agree.
  3. Kind of how I feel too. Despite reading nothing but articles about the Bears being terrible this year, I can still kind of talk myself into thinking that if things go right and coaching is competent and fields takes a leap they can be a surprisingly decent team. Don’t get me wrong, we’re talking about 7-10 or 8-9 instead of 4-13 but that seems so much more satisfying and enjoyable. Probably just a homer trying to have hope against all odds but who knows. I just hope they aren’t unwatchable bad like some of those Fox era teams. Give me something to look forward to each week even if it’s Fields making strides For me the outcome of the game is unimportant, I just want to see Fields light up Niners thereby, giving the national media and other experts a collective middle finger. Of course, it's the Bears so the most probable result is the usual garbage we've come to expect. Fields doesn't have the supporting cast and can't do it himself. Everything that's happened to this point suggests that they aren't invested in him being successful.
  4. Pitcher, catcher, ump combo make Madrigal look tiny.
  5. I would take So Miss with that many points.
  6. Hot take: Alcantara is going to be a better ML than PCA.
  7. Many apologies in advance, slow and wet day: Tbf not only was he once considered a nerd and geek of this sport but that crowd sucks. If you found out the majority (interacting with Maddon) were inherited wealth from the Ivys who never struggled like we might imagine (being loooowly nerds and geeks and all) plus don’t care about baseball or winning so much? That their favorite aspect of working in the sport is all the biological, social, and financial data on all these different demographics or something similarly weird intended to gain leverage/control? Who really even besides their bosses has benefitted from this silent shift to where even the Maddons and Epsteins in baseball aren’t nerd enough for FOs? Like those guys *love* winning baseball games, understand the Value of data, so what’s the real agenda pushing them out? These nerds and geeks are just people/employees, very fallible Edit: Oh yay a fresh page I never understand what your point is, so I don't know if I'm agreeing or disagreeing with you. My opinion is that the entire focus should be on winning baseball games. I think there is something to be said about that in relation to maximizing roster efficiency (i.e., cost), versus finding the right combination of guys to win the most games. I'm not sold on the cost/benefit stuff, like translating WAR into hypothetical dollars, and maybe not even on the concept of WAR in general in the sense that a hypothetical SS is inherently more valuable than a hypothetical LF, for example. Although a hypothetical LF is less scarce than a hypothetical SS. However, the use of data is fundamental to winning baseball games. It's been done since forever. The data is just different now. I get what Madden is saying, he comes off as sour grapy though. I don't know that I would not like it if I was given a job and then not allowed to do it as I saw fit by my bosses.
  8. Joe Madden going off on the nerds and geeks giving him advice.
  9. Mitch QB1 in Pittsburgh. It will be interesting to see if it was poor coaching or if he's just not that good.
  10. I can't muster support for this creep. I guess it's better not to know his personal philosophy.
  11. IMB throwing the shade
  12. Just reading this thread. If ND is so bad how are they ranked 5? Anyway, a very rare time I’m pulling for ND. OSU and their fan base are the St. Louis Cardinals of College Football. Edit to add: If the Big10 (whatever) wants to schedule second sister schools to start the season, they should only schedule MAC schools. They would be doing a solid for a lot of pretty decent locally regional universities.
  13. It’s raining but he sucks. 2-0 Cards
  14. Can’t say the pen is blowing it this game because it’s been all pen.
  15. Cubs up 4-0 in the 3rd. Did Pat commit a crime in Canada?
  16. The Athletic has predictions out, they predicted the bears at 6 wins. A bottom 3 team.
  17. Why did Ross take out Sampson with one out in the 4th?
  18. Joe Madden to be next Sox manager, book it!
  19. Ballesteros is really going to have to watch his weight. Ya think?
  20. I just want him to have a winter in Arizona where he has access to dieticians and a personal trainer at the club's expense. There is no telling what kind of player he could be. I mean, if he is a possible defensive catcher at that weight, imagine the possibilities. I suppose I should ask, is he a possible defensive catcher or are we looking at a DH/1st type guy when he moves up?
  21. I hope they encourage him to stay in Arizona this offseason and give him the Schwaber program. This kid is such an obviously good athlete.
  22. Awesome! I know goony doesn’t care for Pat, but I can’t imagine a game without him. I listen to games way more than I watch because he makes the game so enjoyable. And Arenado gets tossed.
  23. Peaking into the SB game. Those innings go by fast with pitch clock. Hodge looks good. Down 2-0
×
×
  • Create New...