Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. BTW - 9 of the top 12 payroll teams made the playoffs this year. Only the Rays, Guardians, and Mariners were not in the top 12. So contrary to PTR, it appears that money is a strong factor in having a championship caliber team. To get into the top 10 they need to add about 20 million Top 5 they need to add 67 million.
  2. They won't have a top 5 payroll, wherever that line is. They won't sign anyone longer than 5 years. They don't control if they have a Top 5 payroll. They don't? Everything is relative.
  3. Set the over/under and let's make a bet. Please keep your line consistent with your statement. They won't have a top 5 payroll, wherever that line is. They won't sign anyone longer than 5 years.
  4. I keep coming back to PTR whose mantra is "you can't buy championships". He wants to keep the payroll low and exploit cheap labor like a good capitalist.
  5. That's interesting. He also pretty implicitly called out adding a shortstop with this remark He said something similar when he was in the booth that last weekend of the season, and combined with the power remarks it really does seem like he wants one of the star shortstops. I wonder if the thought is getting Correa/Turner to take something more like 7/250 instead of 10/300, or if he's got his sites set more on Swanson/Bogaerts, who inherently are looking at sub $200M contracts. They've already shown that they will look for a glove-first SS on the cheap.
  6. Jed says that they will make a qualifying offer to Willy, thus depressing his value in free agency. I hope he takes the offer although I don't think we will.
  7. Upset week in College football. #3, #5,#7, #8, #9 could all lose this weekend
  8. I’m not sure they will win another game this year.
  9. I called an early Cardinals exist three months ago.
  10. MSU has -11 rushing yards for the game into the third quarter
  11. After week 3 I thought Michigan and OSU were basically a toss up. These last couple of weeks make me think Michigan has no shot.
  12. I don't think a team is going to be able to stash him away on a big-league roster either.
  13. Serious question. Does it really make that much sense financially to target a big ticket SS when they have arguably a top 5 SS already? I’d kind of like them to try to pry away Devers from Boston with some prospects add a big bat corner OF and load up on pitching. I know I’m probably wrong in my thinking, but they need power.
  14. Mr. Christian, Mike Matheny was fired by the Royals. Another potential landing spot for the ex-Cubs named Joe.
  15. The day after the last game is always a sad day for me. No more Cubs baseball until March. However, with the way the season ended and the progression of the minor leaguers, I'm very hopeful for next year. I hope they land their targeted free agents.
  16. Yes, it’s really weird how random the paths can be to roughly the expected outcome. However, there is a lot more to be hopeful for this year than last.
  17. I don't know enough about the different types of quarterbacks, but to me, they should run the Patriots' offense from the early Brady years where he was throwing short, quick passes on slants/picks to WR and button hooks to TE with the RB as a safety valve to dump off the ball. They could go down the field 6 yards at a time. Once the defense started biting then they'd hit a long pass or the RB would pop for a big gain. I know it's not the same people and the OL Brady had was good to great. But there is a way to game plan to based on the weakness of the team. If they can't find a way for quick pass plays to work, they're basically screwed.
  18. Sulleymon melting down on Twitter
  19. I’m getting Dallas Washington on the regional broadcast. It’s just boring. They are t playing badly, it’s uninteresting football.
  20. Arkansas making a game of it.
  21. Six in a row and 10 of the last 11.
  22. Which is why I said $20. Only a +16 spread.
  23. If I could bet I’d put $20 (+500) on Arkansas on the money line. I think they have a chance against Alabama. I’d definitely take the over in the Michigan Iowa game.
×
×
  • Create New...