Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. Given their track record, I'm bullish on the Cubs getting the most out of two good/better-quality pitchers. I don't want a 35-year-old Miley type, but short of that, sign me up.
  2. I don't think that at all. I didn't think that when everyone said it this offseason. I don't think that now. I think it's the exact opposite, actually. Those 3 know their OL isn't an ideal pass blocking line. They know their WRs aren't very good (there were rumors yesterday that they will be active at the trade deadline to add a WR). They know Fields is learning a new offense. Setting him up for failure would be letting him get beaten down by dropping back 35 times per game with this personnel. I know I have complained about the lack of passing attempts, but they are perfectly justified in them. They have won 2 of the 3 games by running the ball like crazy. They are clearly geared to pound the ball on the ground, and they are playing to literally their only offensive strength right now. I know everyone wants Fields to sink or swim, because everyone wants an answer NOW if he is a franchise QB or not. But I don't think the 3 in charge (GM, HC, OC) are concerned about that. They are trying to win games now, develop Fields along the way, and find out by the end of next year if he's the guy or not. I really don't understand how everyone was convinced this team would be bad and knew the offense would struggle. They are bad and struggling and now everyone is upset because it's "too bad". If Fields was going 14-22, 200 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT per game, guess what? They wouldn't be bad like we all knew they would be (and the personnel says they should be) before the season. It's like the Ray Rice video. "Oh he punched a girl in the face, he's suspended". Then the video comes out, "oh he hit her really hard" Well, that's what a punch is. It's really hard. IDK why people needed video to see it was bad. I don't know why we needed actual game film to see how bad the talent on this offense is. Sure I'd like Fields to do his part better, but this regime is delusional if they are watching this and saying, "see, he's not the guy. Can't elevate this poor talent, let's move on" Ok. Design plays to his strengths then. They aren't doing that. They aren't developing whatever talent he has and when he's been given a little opportunity, he's not delivered. They do not look like they are trying to develop a QB. At all.
  3. I know it's not Holmesian analysis, but I think Poles/Eberflus/Getsy have their collective minds made up on Fields. And that's that.
  4. If I looked into your posts from last year, would I find you saying the same things about Steele? I have no idea, but you would see the same thing about Thompson and Adbert.
  5. Thompson and Adbert are relief pitchers. Thompson may have the makings of a top-notch closer. There is no reason to force them into roles they cannot handle/don't have the skill set for.
  6. I have bad news for you about *checks notes* about 96% of MLB players Yeah well, most of them aren’t so open about and your made up statistics are for horsefeathers.
  7. Was that the Mark Hatley era? Mark Hatley then Jerry Angelo then Phil Emery then Ryan Pace. To think that Angelo was the best of the bunch. And still may be after Poles is finished.
  8. Wesneski is pud and I can’t bring myself to root for him. He’s got a Texas patch on his glove. I hope the Cubs trade him. He looks like every horsefeathers I’ve ever met.
  9. #1 sleeper in the organization. How’s his defense?
  10. 0-0 in the third. Stroman on the bump
  11. Would you look at the Cubs!
  12. You apparently missed much of the 2012 and 2013 Cubs.
  13. Bad and boring about sums it up.
  14. What Philly has done with him is put him behind the best OL in the league. Also drafted and traded for WRs with 1st round picks. Bears are a long way from being able to emulate that. Very Bears Way
  15. Hurts is the model for Fields. They should be trying to emulate what Philly has done with him.
  16. On a normal team he would still be in the minor league. I think it’s a bit too early to write him off.
  17. Miley worked fast and awful
  18. I think the important point here that most people are agreeing with is that they need to allow him to fail through opportunity. He may be holding the ball too long, and he isn't finding the open receiver, but they also aren't allowing him enough opportunity to learn. Maybe they see it in practice, if so their job is to correct it, not design running plays in games on 2 and 16 down a few scores.
  19. He's looking down his primary receiver and holding the ball way too long. OK, I guess you are right. It's still a little too early. But what you posted is like deja vu for every other failed QB the Bears have had. It's too early, he doesn't have help, too many coaches, etc etc. I find it to be more likely at this point he will ultimately fail, for whatever reason(s) we want to point to. But since this season isn't going to be a good one anyway, I'm OK continuing to play him. He had 11 pass attempts all game. Failure is assured.
  20. There is working a game plan to Fields ability and then there is not giving him any chance to succeed. It makes little sense to just not try, but the more things change, the more they stay the same.
  21. That did not look like the same Green Bay team that played Minnesota a week earlier. I know week 1 and all, but they destroyed the LOS all night on both sides of the ball.
  22. CubinNY

    NFL Week 2

    Crazy finish to that game.
  23. Not that it matter but the ump has screwed the Cubs twice in the bottom of the 9th.
×
×
  • Create New...