Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. I want to go on record in saying that I think the Nationals won this trade. The only caveat is that it will be even if the Padres win the WS before Soto walks to FA.
  2. They clearly think they have the team in place to win. They might if deGrom can stay healthy.
  3. I agree with this. Desipio on Twitter is raging Jed pretty good. But I think a lot of people would be doing it one way or the other if the prospects were mediocre. Jed's fundamental error was not extending him before the season. I think the industry has a frame for certain positions that doesn't always work. The frame for a catcher is defense uber ales, but pretty much mostly interchangeable on all other categories. I think they value Wilson in that frame. He was probably not going to draw the prospects Jed thought he would due to the industry and the Cubs. Also, not a lot of starting catchers get traded in season for "chemistry" reasons or something.
  4. Honestly, I never really cared for him in the booth. His one-man show was tedious and mostly boring. Some people are good people and they get to do something for a long time a certain way because they are genuinely nice.
  5. What’s the point of posting this in a game thread? Happer takes a HR away.
  6. Willy hits a triple in his 2nd AB.
  7. He’s a big boy. Put him on a diet in Arizona this winter.
  8. The Cubs have certainly added a lot of pitching between the draft and now. I love the Efross and Robertson returns.
  9. But not here. They will extend him. I’m confident.
  10. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don’t make.
  11. Not that I'm pining away to trade Wilson, but it seems strange that nothing is bubbling after the early rumors this morning.
  12. I saw Robert Hassell III, in South Bend. He is going to be really good. He looks like a tight end/line backer.
  13. Anyone but the Cardinals. And, lol.
  14. Sounds like a done deal for Soto to the Padres.
  15. Willy to the Rays rumors heating up.
  16. Hopefully, he blows his knee out on the first play.
  17. Lol, Cardinals Twitter going apoplectic at the thought of having to give up Carlson and two top prospects for Soto.
  18. I agree, and it makes little sense in the world of NFL football.
  19. Here understatement.
  20. Aren't the Brewers in 1st place in the division? I'm telling you someone in the Cardinals org has sold his sole to lucifer.
  21. the Cardinals draft & develop amazingly well Their 5th rounder from last year was basically called a plug and play 4th starter and is graded a 50. The HS SS they took in the 2nd in 2020 is a 50+, excelling in AA already.Yes, most Cub fans have no idea how bad the Cubs are at this sort of thing.
  22. And an interesting thread: tl;dr McKinstry's strength is his hit tool, and one way to measure that is how consistently good a player's launch angle is. McKinstry rates very well here, and on top of his left handedness and positional flexibility it could be needed help, since the Cubs are last in launch angle standard deviation(the Dodgers are 1st for comparison) If they limit the shift next year this is the type of athletic player that could become quite useful. I like the outcome of the trade.
  23. Big picture, small picture In the big picture, it would not be a good thing for the Cubs if the Cardinals get Soto. In the small picture, it might be a good thing for the Cubs if the Cardinals get Soto as the losers in the bidding war for Soto might be more interested in Happ and Willy. Overall, the Cardinals getting Soto would suck so much only mitigated by the potential loss of the top of their system.
  24. Main thing is he has a tendency to throw hittable pitches. Last inning was a good example
×
×
  • Create New...