Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. Yes, he's won the Japanese equivalent of the Cy Young two years in a row and pitched really well in the WBC. He is rather small by starting pitcher standards, but he's been incredibly consistent and is about the same age as Horton. He's going to have a lot of suiters and the bidding is going to get high with both NY teams and the other big market clubs. Hell, even the Pirates met with him.
  2. A lot of us buying into Caissie as a top 5 prospect. I'm not there, but I'm also not that bright. The strikeouts worry me. I remember Tyler Colvin who I thought was a no-doubt 10-year professional with a few all-star appearances. Wiser people looked at his k rate and were down on him. Maybe it's a different era and I haven't caught up.
  3. If the consensus is that Williams is a "generational" talent (sorry, Kyle), they should draft him and try to trade Fields for what they can get. Then Poles better get serious about getting protection and skill people.
  4. Pete Crow-ArmstrongCade HortonJordan WicksMatt ShawAlexander CanarioKevin AlcantaraOwen CaissieMatt MervisLuke LittleMoises BallesterosJackson FerrisBen BrownDaniel PalenciaJefferson RojasLuis VazquezJames TriantosMichael AriasHaydn McGearyPorter HodgeJeremiah Estrada 1-8 is solid. 9-20 are somewhat interchangeable.
  5. WTF is going on? Where has the team been the first 3.5 games?
  6. I’m going to watch this game for at least a bit. I expect Fields won’t be as comfy in the pocket this game.
  7. Z was toast by the time the playoffs rolled around. Dusty rode him hard during the season. Prior was too.
  8. I've been on the Alonso to the Cubs bandwagon since they started tanking at in May. I don't think I'd trade Alcantara for him. I probably would trade Canario + any pitcher not named Horton, Wicks, or Farris. I'd throw in Mule too, he can be their PCA in three or four years.
  9. Crazy. Who are they going to throw in with Alonso?
  10. Welp, both of the teams I picked are out, so great work on my part.
  11. If I remember correctly, Poles was on a short list of guys "ready" to be GMs. He didn't have to take the Bears job. People in that position will not take a job and not have the people they want in key decision-making positions. It's Poles team, bad or good as one goes up the pecking order. I don't pretend to understand how the NFL works in terms of making coaching changes. With so few games and complicated nomenclature changes for offense, firing someone and putting new people in place appears insurmountable for many organizations unless you have an Urban Meyer situation. If I were Poles, I would fire Eberflus on Friday, win or lose.
  12. https://theathletic.com/4890443/2023/10/05/chicago-cubs-2003-season-oral-history/?source=user_shared_article Even after 20 years it’s still too painful to read until the end. But that season changed everything for Cubs fan’s expectations about the team. And brought to life a little message board that survives to this day.
  13. Except the former might happen a few times a month and the latter should happen many times a week. Other than that they’re exactly the same thing. The standard deviation of LF defense is as wide as as a nose hair. I haven’t watched enough games but I don’t trust defensive metrics for positions that get the ball hit to them 10 times a week. He could be bad out there. Unless he’s dropping pop ups, the difference between him and a mediocre LF is not important.
  14. Don't give up Tom!
  15. No, you don't. come on. You have whatever is left on his contract at the time of his hypothetical cliff dive, which may or may not happen after he's hit his 300th HR in a Cub uniform.
  16. Now, Myer is denying he's interested.
×
×
  • Create New...