Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. Help me out. Why would Hendricks resign with the Cubs after they cost him $16 million dollars? I would tell them to horsefeathers all the way off.
  2. Emery only got 3 drafts.
  3. Yeah, they are stuck with Poles for the next few years at least.
  4. I think good QBs find a way. Look at Matthew Stafford and many others in the history of the NFL. It's the reason why Archie told Eli not to sign with the Chargers. But there is nothing in his game performance to suggest that Fields is a competent QB.
  5. Tom's boy is smoking in the playoffs.
  6. I think we could all postmortem the Fields situation forever. The Bears drafted a kid who had an up-and-down record as a passer but possessed tremendous athletic ability. They knew the flaws he had. What we don't know is what efforts were made to correct the flaws and what Poles et al. knew about those efforts after they took over. In the NFL if you don't have a QB, you are not going to win. If they thought they could correct the flaws and improve his play, they missed badly. If they didn't think they could correct them, waiting for the right time to draft a QB is NOW not two years later.
  7. There is a lot of measurement error in defensive metrics. Perhaps there will always be a large error. He makes good throws and knows how to cut the angles in Wrigley to get to the ball on a bounce. he's not a particularly good route runner or fast. I put him in a bin of LF that are passable to average. There is a tremendously small standard deviation in that group (most are clustered around average). You have to be a noticeable outlier one way or the other.
  8. a must-win game? When is the week before the 1st bye? That would be an excellent time to find a coaching staff and give them two weeks to implement a new plan to change things. It's what I would do as a GM if I were trying to save my job.
  9. I agree. But on the other hand, they pay a lot for mediocracy. And now Freeze has two or three years to skate before people start to understand he's not good either.
  10. I Hope Sulleymon’s wife locked up the knife drawer.
  11. Can they be relegated to the NCAA?
  12. Hugh Freeze has it about as good as anyone in college football right now. No matter what Auburn does the fans are blaming Harsin. Should be a good couple of years until things get hot.
  13. The Smokies are crushing I. The SL CHAMPIONSHIP
  14. If I owned the team I couldn’t watch because I’d be so angry at everyone including myself.
  15. I’m stuck watching Dallas/Phoenix. Bears aren’t going to beat the Cardinals
  16. You are definitely off the meds today.
  17. Black should be sending up righties here
  18. Charlie Blackmon is the last guy I want to see up
  19. Get him the horsefeathers out of there
×
×
  • Create New...