Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. As long a defense is factored in there is a lot of measurement error and of course the internal bias of the system that values positions at different weights. It may seem simplistic, but at some point, you have to value run production and run scoring pretty highly. A guy like Schwarber is pretty valuable. He'd be much more valuable on a team like the Cubs who needs run production. I don't know how to factor that in to WAR. Like, if you Put Schwarber on a team with a lot of power, his skill set is not as valuable, but if you put him on a team that needs that type of player, he's obviously much more valuable. I think, like in most instances context matters most.
  2. A lot can and will happen in college football between now and the draft. If Michigan runs the table, McCarthy will be a big reason for that. Then the combine will be another opportunity for him. I have questions about his passing accuracy, but he is performing well within the system that Harbaugh uses. It's really hard to project, but I'd say he's in the club of the top 5 QBs in college football.
  3. Overall, a pretty ****** week of college football games.
  4. So, QB controversy brewing? lol
  5. I forgot he pitched in the org.
  6. Change to 3 step drop backs.
  7. Plausible deniability - that's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it works out.
  8. what good is a 9 inch vertical change or 12 inch horizontal tilt if neither of them are able to be thrown for strikes? We saw it with Steele, they just started laying off and running his pitch counts up. Movement and deception are great attributes, as is velocity, but none of it matters if the guys can't throw strikes. These kids didn't make it to draft day unless they were able to throw strikes at some point in their career. Except for Jackson Wiggins
  9. If this is a sportsmanship thing, and they did it, they must own up to it. In this case, as in most cases, the cover-up is worse than the crime. Harbaugh should admit it and take the lumps. If he denies and they have evidence (don't know how other than scanning the faces in the crowd), he should never coach another college football game. Not for doing it, but for attempting to cover it up.
  10. He said they don't work on control in the lab. Not the same thing. Also, if you don't think that's a problem I don't know what to tell you. Command is a repeatable motion that is consistent and reliable.
  11. Ok, someone explain to me how even if Michigan did this it's somehow against the rules? I mean that's why they have multiple people on the sidelines signalling plays. If a team can figure it out, that's on the guys on the other side of the ball. Use runners if you don't want your signs stolen. This is fundamentally different than having a guy with binoculars calling pitches or even tapping into game conversations from the other team. They've had spotters in press boxes in football for forever.
  12. I think the Bears are going to three yards and a cloud of dust game plan to victory. The defense is playing better and the Raiders offense is offensive. This could be a 10-3 game.
  13. There is no work to show. It's a mechanical problem that can be corrected. Before you go all ape, yes, there is a wide dispersion of ability in terms of accuracy, just as there is with velocity. But the limits of the body determine velocity, not accuracy. What determines accuracy is body mechanics, which is teachable. Some guys are going to learn to harness the natural movement of the ball to throw strikes better than others, but it's teachable, just like grip and pitch "shape".
  14. Command is extremely teachable. It's something they do not focus on in the pitch lab, from what I've been told by others. This would seem to be born out by results.
  15. The Bears are a toxic stew of bad coaching and lack of talent. I mean when even in preseason practice, people are watching and going, "Oh boy this is not good" there is a big problem. Then they come out and nothing is fixed. One of those dudes said Fields left 200 yards on the field by poor decisions. I don't know if I buy all of it, but he again demonstrated he's not a capable QB and there is little hope he will become one.
  16. I thought this was old news. I actually thought he already took the job.
  17. Bears are going to win this game just to muck it all up a little more.
  18. That horsefeathers video is awsome.
  19. CubinNY

    LCS

    rationalization is not a pretty color.
  20. You know whoever the Bears draft will be the wrong one. It doesn't matter.
  21. He can ask for anything he wants. He's not going to get it. He can play in the XFL.
  22. That would be great. Take responsibility and remove the owner from the equation.
  23. I agree. I don't think Poles wants to admit failure and I think the McCasky family won't fire him.
×
×
  • Create New...