Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Recommended Posts

Posted

Official rosters are out.

Luis Rujano made the Solar Sox roster instead of Jake Knapp, probably because Knapp went back on the IL.

Arizona Phil had the rest of the Cubs going to the AFL correct.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
11 minutes ago, Bertz said:

That is an aggressive as hell assignment for Cabada.  Horsefeathers yeah

I try going to 3 or 4 of those games a year. I found where I can see the line up and if a lot of cubs are in it, I go. Is Cabada the only one worth going to see? 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Rcal10 said:

I try going to 3 or 4 of those games a year. I found where I can see the line up and if a lot of cubs are in it, I go. Is Cabada the only one worth going to see? 

Bailey is worth it if he's actually ready to play. Snell could be decent.

Posted
45 minutes ago, Rcal10 said:

I try going to 3 or 4 of those games a year. I found where I can see the line up and if a lot of cubs are in it, I go. Is Cabada the only one worth going to see? 

Bailey is worth it too.

Reid is the best pitcher of the group, potential big league back-end starter.

Old-Timey Member
Posted

Yeah the bar for AFL pitching is low but Reid's the best pitcher we've sent since Kilian, by a mile probably.

Bailey/Reid/Cabada are all top 20 guys in the system, and Snell would probably be top 30.

Old-Timey Member
Posted
30 minutes ago, Bertz said:

Yeah the bar for AFL pitching is low but Reid's the best pitcher we've sent since Kilian, by a mile probably.

Bailey/Reid/Cabada are all top 20 guys in the system, and Snell would probably be top 30.

Come on. I saw Riley Martin in the AFL! 😬
Thanks for the scouting report. I actually knew Bailey could be fun too. I guess I just assume he won’t play.

North Side Contributor
Posted
2 hours ago, Rcal10 said:

I try going to 3 or 4 of those games a year. I found where I can see the line up and if a lot of cubs are in it, I go. Is Cabada the only one worth going to see? 

Cabada, Snell, Bailey and Reid are all worthwhile watches, IMO. 

Myles Bailey is a really fun add. 3rd round prospect from recent draft. Big whiff but maybe the biggest power in the entire system. Missed most of the year with an injury. Pitching in the AFL is historically "meh". Could put on a show and hit the ball a billion feet. Could strike out in every PA.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Yes, it certainly is.  Hopefully, Myles didn't re-aggravate his ankle injury by trying to return too soon.

Harrison, a corner OF,  just turned 24 and has yet to play an inning with the Cubs although he did get into some unofficial ACL bridge games.  To have any chance at the majors, he needs to hit the ground running and this AFL stint could help with that.  Hopefully, he will hit well and begin 2027 in high-A along with (likely) Ethan Conrad, Caden Sorrell, Alexey Lumpuy, and (perhaps) Michael Gupton 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund
The North Side Baseball Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Cubs community on the internet. Included with caretaking is ad-free browsing of North Side Baseball.

×
×
  • Create New...